Blocked seats in F (LH)?

Old Jul 8, 17, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Blocked seats in F (LH)?

Since when has 1K on the A380 and 2K on the 748i been blocked for advance seat selection? I called in to try to select those seats as they were free on EF, but I was told they were blocked for bassinets, and I could not select them. These are the only remaining window seats on the flights I'm booked on.

Are there agents that will assign 1K on the A380 and 2K on the 748i without status?
Old Jul 8, 17, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK; LH SEN
I have had 2A on the 748i unblocked calling the F-dedicated line. Was ready to say I'd move if necessary for a baby but the agent didn't even ask that. My status was a lowly FTL but traveling on paid F ...
Old Jul 8, 17, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Originally Posted by burg_rtw View Post
I have had 2A on the 748i unblocked calling the F-dedicated line. Was ready to say I'd move if necessary for a baby but the agent didn't even ask that. My status was a lowly FTL but traveling on paid F ...
+1

Have been able to unblock 2A and 2D the same way on both award and revenue tickets. My request has never been denied.
Old Jul 9, 17, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
You need to be prepared to get other seats if baby and us are on that flight :-)
Old Jul 9, 17, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Called the F class hotline. Gave up twice when the wait exceeded 15 minutes. Third time I got through, agent rudely said "you can go select seats online yourself".

Piss poor showing LH.

EDIT: Turns out I have been calling the wrong number - the 1-800 one I found via Google. I called the German LH F hotline and selected 1K on my A380 and 2K on my 74H flight without problem in less than 2 minutes. Thanks for all the help! ^

Last edited by tng11; Jul 9, 17 at 2:40 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: