LO non stop flights BUD-JFK/ORD confirmed - as from May 3, 2018

Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:25 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
LO non stop flights BUD-JFK/ORD confirmed - as from May 3, 2018

Rumors here:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...pest-new-york/

Confirmation of rumors (and schedule) here (in Polish, you can use Chrome to translate):

http://www.pasazer.com/news/35186/lo...i,chicago.html

GDS'es are updated, random availability:

PHP Code:
 21JUN  THU   BUD/Z2     NYC/EDT-6                             
LO RESPONSE 
** DIRECT CONNECT PARTICIPANT **                    
LOT POLISH AIRLINES AN **           349 TH 21JUN 0000      
13LO  33 C9 D9 Z8 P9 A9 R9 J1 Y9 B9 M9 BUDJFK 1155 1540 788 0   
         E9 H9 K9 Q9 G9 T9 S9 V9 W9 L9 U3 
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:49 am

Also, the ex-WAW fares have supposedly been update to allow WAW-BUD-JFK/ORD routing.

Rumors still circling about west coast destination (SFO/LAX) and perhaps some feeder flights.

Edit: flights are also available with M&M.
BUD-JFK has 75EUR in fees in C.

FRA-BUD-JFK is about 150EUR in fees compared to 300EUR for the direct flight on LH.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I can't understand why the flight is to JFK and not EWR, where there would be tons of connecting opportunities with United. Bizarre.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
I can't understand why the flight is to JFK and not EWR, where there would be tons of connecting opportunities with United. Bizarre.
Because LO isn't part of the cartel and the are no "tons of connecting opportunities" for their passengers.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
cool, is this going to be year round service? Out of Chicago now we will have LOT flights to Warsaw, Krakow, and now Budapest. Looks like a mini LOT hub, and I hope it succeeds. Maybe they can move their flights out of crappy terminal 5.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:21 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveo
. Maybe they can move their flights out of crappy terminal 5.
Not likely. LO is not part of the LH/UA-led TATL JV. Plus T1 is as crapy as T5
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Just flew this flight...very pleasant in business class. How does the aircraft rotate when it gets to BUD. FlightAware shows the plane flew BUD-JFK-BUD-ORD-BUD, but how does it get to/from WAW again? It was towed away to the side of the airfield today and is just sitting there. Does the crew deadhead back to WAW? Just curious.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
but how does it get to/from WAW again
As LO900x, but unless needed, one 787-8 is semi-permanently assigned to BUD.

However, since there are fleet shortages, this is not always the case now, some wetleased A330s and 767 may appear in BUD operating for LOT.

Does the crew deadhead back to WAW
Crews are Hungarian, or at least are supposed to be. If not, there are multiple BUD-WAW and BUD-KRK flights to get the Polish crews back home, if needed.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It doesn't necessarily have to get back to WAW. LO is setting up BUD as a proto-hub outside of PL, allowing it to offer some extra routes with good revenues/utilisation (e.g. BUD-JFK).
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
We have a UA award booking for next April that included LO31 (BUD-ORD), but it looks like LOT has decided not to operate that flight. Any insights into them dropping the non-stop? Not selling seats? They nicely moved us to BUD-WAW-ORD, but that is problematic as our endpoints are actually IST-DEN and BUD was just a stop that had J award availability. Not to mention that the WAW-ORD connection will arrive 2 hours after our ORD-DEN connection. I guess this means a call to UA for a better routing...
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by tods27
We have a UA award booking for next April that included LO31 (BUD-ORD), but it looks like LOT has decided not to operate that flight. Any insights into them dropping the non-stop? Not selling seats? They nicely moved us to BUD-WAW-ORD, but that is problematic as our endpoints are actually IST-DEN and BUD was just a stop that had J award availability. Not to mention that the WAW-ORD connection will arrive 2 hours after our ORD-DEN connection. I guess this means a call to UA for a better routing...
Dreamliners are still having issues, causing havoc with LO longhaul operations.

They really got the short end of the stick on this one, Dreamliners messing up long haul, Maxes on shorthaul...
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Dreamliners are still having issues, causing havoc with LO longhaul operations.

They really got the short end of the stick on this one, Dreamliners messing up long haul, Maxes on shorthaul...
Aha. That makes sense. I guess it means that they could bring the flight back, once the Dreamliner problems are resolved. By that time, I'll likely have a different routing.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:43 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tods27
We have a UA award booking for next April that included LO31 (BUD-ORD), but it looks like LOT has decided not to operate that flight.
This route is permanently ceased. Load factor in winter was at terrible 25% - higher in Summer, but still in low 60%

Replaced with BUD-ICN-BUD.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:47 am

Thanks for the info. Low loads was my first guess, given that there was a ton of UA award space on it as of a couple months ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.