Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Can LUFTHANSA and Turkish merge itineraries if bought separate to avoid bag reclaim

Can LUFTHANSA and Turkish merge itineraries if bought separate to avoid bag reclaim

Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I think the OP got that already. The OP doesn't seem to as risk averse as you, LondonElite.

Let us see how this turns out - it would be very interesting to hear how this turned out.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question

I have a similar question.

I have 1 ticket booked CAI-BKK with TK departing CAI at 9pm.

We start from BCN. Im planning to book LH from BCN to CAI and hoping the LH check in staff will tag our luggage(interline) so that in CAI we will not have to exit and just transit airside.

The LH flight is LH from BCN to FRA and MS from FRA to CAI all in one ticket issued by LH.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:06 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I have a similar question.

I have 1 ticket booked CAI-BKK with TK departing CAI at 9pm.

We start from BCN. Im planning to book LH from BCN to CAI and hoping the LH check in staff will tag our luggage(interline) so that in CAI we will not have to exit and just transit airside.

The LH flight is LH from BCN to FRA and MS from FRA to CAI all in one ticket issued by LH.
LH's Altea check-in system has the ability to have onward segments manually added to the itinerary - just ask agent nicely. TK's CORECOM check-in system has the same capability.

Note this is all manual process, so check baggage tag, if segments were added correctly
Also check in CAI, if TK sees baggage tag numbers in CORECOM. If not ask them to add manually - otherwise they will not pass through security reconciliation and will be left behind.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TPJ
LH's Altea check-in system has the ability to have onward segments manually added to the itinerary - just ask agent nicely. TK's CORECOM check-in system has the same capability.

Note this is all manual process, so check baggage tag, if segments were added correctly
Also check in CAI, if TK sees baggage tag numbers in CORECOM. If not ask them to add manually - otherwise they will not pass through security reconciliation and will be left behind.
How Likely is that LH will route as follows:

BCN FRA CAI IST BKK
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA*S, TK*G, BA G
I hope you find an experienced agent. I haven't had particularly good experiences with LH's agents in BCN in the past 15 years.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tnmlyger
I hope you find an experienced agent. I haven't had particularly good experiences with LH's agents in BCN in the past 15 years.
Wow, I am afraid I may have to resort to the TK flight after all, I don't want any issues. I need my luggage tagged all the way. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA, TG, LH
We flew BKK to FCO on TG and FCO to FRA on LH; both on seperate C-tickets.

When we asked the lugagge to be checked through to FRA, we were asked to show that the FCO to FRA ticket was also in C, and then she checked our lugagge through to FRA.

My guess is that the chance to get luckage checked through will increase for C and f:
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snn47
We flew BKK to FCO on TG and FCO to FRA on LH; both on seperate C-tickets.

When we asked the lugagge to be checked through to FRA, we were asked to show that the FCO to FRA ticket was also in C, and then she checked our lugagge through to FRA.

My guess is that the chance to get luckage checked through will increase for C and f:
Well, I have flown with multiple star partners and no C class does not matter, as most of our flights were in Y where luggage was tagged all the away but most stations were hubs and not contracted. But we are Star Gold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.