Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-BCN-VIE connection question

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

IAD-BCN-VIE connection question

will i make it? arriving BCN from the US at 7:45 am (with EU passport) into T1 on UA and departing at 9:35 am to VIE on EW (technically) from T2. i will have no checked bags, carry-on only. that's 1h 50 mins to connect...BUT is the transfer between T1 and T2 airside or will i need to go thru security again?
earlier i said "technically" because the EW flight is supposedly operated by AB, which flies out of T1 in BCN, but not sure if it's one of those "wet lease" arrangements and therefore will be a EW aircraft departing from T2, any clues? will the time be enough to connect? of course i have 2 separate tickets! vielen dank!
Old May 12, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
BCN Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 are not connected airside, as they're a couple miles apart, and you have to take a shuttle between the two.

According to the airport website, the shuttle runs every 4-7 min during the time you are arriving, and the transfer should take 14 minutes.

You can check the airport website for more details:
http://www.aena.es/en/barcelona-airp...terminals.html
Old May 12, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by IAD1k
earlier i said "technically" because the EW flight is supposedly operated by AB, which flies out of T1 in BCN, but not sure if it's one of those "wet lease" arrangements and therefore will be a EW aircraft departing from T2, any clues? will the time be enough to connect? of course i have 2 separate tickets! vielen dank!
It's an AB aircraft, wet-leased by EW. Means like a 'pure' EW flight.

2 separate tickets is always a risk. Be prepaired to buy a new ticket (and evtl. combined return flights), if you miss the EW flight for any reason. EU airlines don't know any sorry under such circumstances!

Originally Posted by flaii
According to the airport website, the shuttle runs every 4-7 min during the time you are arriving, and the transfer should take 14 minutes.
Translated from spanish life that can mean a few busses every 20-30min in a tow or so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.