Search

Advice on rebooking award ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Advice on rebooking award ticket

Dear FTs,

I have an award ticket in I for AUA-PTY-IST-LWO that should have brought me to LWO on 06 JAN. TK cancelled LWO flight for 06 JAN and rebooked for 07 JAN (thus, will now have to spend 24 hours in IST).

I suggested rebooking to fly AUA-EWR-MUC-LWO (departure on 05 JAN; arrival to LWO on 06 JAN) but no availability in I. Also offered other options but was told: take the refund or accept the change. Would have accepted the change but it is Orthodox Xmas on 06 JAN.

A couple of questions:
1. Does LH HAVE to rebook into I only? Or is it their wish, which should not matter to customers as long as there are seats in C in general?
2. Any document that I could refer to for supporting (1)?

Thank you for your support!
Old May 6, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
1) If it's more than 14 days in advance, LH only needs to offer you a full refund of the ticket.

Of course they can amend the ticket with the new routing, as TK rebooked you. LH will of course change your mileage ticket on different dates and routings, as long as I-cl is available and you're paying eventual additional fees. They will not rebook you into other booking classes in business class.

You could try to change your ticket IST-MUC-KRK, I-cl is available... And then ride a car from KRK to LWO, according Google 3h33m... Did not find any better solution from IST to LWO...

Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
on 06/01/18
                                                                     Frequency                                                    
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Class Description                      Code  Seats
0 Connections
TK 1633       0      IST                MUC                321       Unavailable     Business - Award                       I     Y
                     06/01/18 12:40     06/01/18 13:30               NA / NA         
LH 1624       0      MUC                KRK                319       Unavailable     Business - Award/Upgrade               I     Y
                     06/01/18 15:10     06/01/18 16:30               80% / 10m
Maybe you can check if you find any award space from PTY-[USA]/[CAN]-VIE/WAW-LWO. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.