Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa K class benefits?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by djohannw
You can specify the class you want to buy on United.com using the "All search options" section - enter "L" in the "Fare classes" box. It will then show the correct fare for L-class in the first column while showing the lowest (K) in the second, and by clicking on the first column, you can buy the L-fare.

Greetings - Dirk
Thanks, that is wonderfully helpful! Brings down the cost (obviously) but in my specific case still doesn't make sense to buy miles since the cost is $.03 oer mile. But I will keep checking. Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Starting March 1, 2018 K class earns 100% PQM (no PQS) and 25% award miles on United. This was a surprise as I recently flew from FRA to IAH on K class on the LH flight and switched my FF program to LH miles and more on that segment but left it on UA for my spouse. My spouse's UA program showed 25% award miles plus Gold bonus and 100% PQM. MP has also changed the earnings on other fares, mostly higher now.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by hyho61
Starting March 1, 2018 K class earns 100% PQM (no PQS) and 25% award miles on United. This was a surprise as I recently flew from FRA to IAH on K class on the LH flight and switched my FF program to LH miles and more on that segment but left it on UA for my spouse. My spouse's UA program showed 25% award miles plus Gold bonus and 100% PQM. MP has also changed the earnings on other fares, mostly higher now.
I booked a K class fare that was also the more expensive "Flex" fare. The booking page claims that you get 150% miles. I used my United MP FF# on the reservation. Do you think I will get 150% United miles or is only with Lufthansa/Austrian M&M?

thx,
Old May 22, 2019, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I booked a K class fare that was also the more expensive "Flex" fare. The booking page claims that you get 150% miles. I used my United MP FF# on the reservation. Do you think I will get 150% United miles or is only with Lufthansa/Austrian M&M?

thx,
Depends how K on M&M maps into UA MP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.