SN: Brussels to Fiji

Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
SN: Brussels to Fiji

I was a bit miffed to have to call Belgium (from the UK) to speak to SN's service centre about a fight from Manchester. Seems the +32 number is for worldwide access to the nerve centre of the airline.

I was surprised when the agent said "it gets even more complicated: i'm sitting in Fiji". i suppose i should grateful I was charged only for a call to Belgium
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
They're probably using the MindPearl call center in Suva.
AA does the same for its Australia/Pacific local numbers.
MH also uses MindPearl, as do other airlines: https://www.mindpearl.com/our-clients/brand-experience/
There's a post about LX using the Suva call center:
Originally Posted by oliver2002
For the US, the LH Group call center and sales organization has already been merged, the LH Intouch call center in YPQ handles most of the calls. LX traditionally uses Mindpearl in Suva/Fiji and CPT, that contract was left alone since LX used a different IT.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
They're probably using the MindPearl call center in Suva.
AA does the same for its Australia/Pacific local numbers.
MH also uses MindPearl, as do other airlines: https://www.mindpearl.com/our-clients/brand-experience/
There's a post about LX using the Suva call center:
Got used to M&M MindPearl in Cape Town. Suva was a surprise: but I guess it combines cheap with strategic.

But what irritates me no end is the the airline routes calls to the other side of the world via a Brussels number rather than a local one.

The website has a drop down menu to find your "local" office by country - of course they all turn up the Brussels number and address.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Who really cares nowadays? Calling Belgium is free from my mobile (included in my plan) and costs about 1 ct. a minute from my landline. Complaining about it is more expensive.every 0800 number in the US is more expensive when calling from outside the US (about 1.2 ct from my landline :-))
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Got used to M&M MindPearl in Cape Town.
CPT is not Mindpearl, its LH's own 'intouch': http://www.lh-intouch.com/centres
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
CPT is not Mindpearl, its LH's own 'intouch': http://www.lh-intouch.com/centres
is that me not keeping up with changes ... or am i wrong on a historical basis as well ?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
is that me not keeping up with changes ... or am i wrong on a historical basis as well ?
MindPearl lists LH M&M as one its clients. It would be my guess that M&M used/uses MindPearl's CPT call center, but it could be the Suva center. Maybe that is a thing of the past and MindPearl doesn't remove former clients, or maybe M&M still uses MindPearl in some capacity.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH/M&M always used their own, LH GTS, now called 'intouch'. Pure M&M calls also go to arvato. GTS has an office in MEL, no Fiji.

Swissair/Qualiflyer was exclusively with Mindpearl, and when LX/SN joined the LH Group, they still used Mindpearl because they were also trained on using axRes, SR's native GDS developed for them by atraxis. After the migration of LX&SN to Altea they could be taken care of my intouch alone, but intouch is not ready, so they keep Mindpearl on the side.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.