Wiki Posts
Search

LO fare bucket upgradeable with miles but not evouchers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
LO fare bucket upgradeable with miles but not evouchers

Just had a call with SEN hotline trying to upgrade some LO longhaul segments booked in W. I was told W on LO can be upgraded with miles, but not evouchers. Is there any other bucket like this on LH/LX/OS? This is the first time I hear of such a fare class. Sounds like a further quiet enhancement of evouchers making them even more useless if this becomes widespread...
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you call LO's own "premium" line? If not, I suggest you give it a try and ask for a supervisor if there is push back until you can be sure this policy is for real.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:55 am
Original Poster

well, called up LOT and they confirmed that indeed W can only be upgraded with miles but not with evouchers.
After I asked where can I find that particular fare condition the agent guided me to MM.com, and eventually was forced to admit that it's not listed anywhere. However, she remained adamant that it's just not possible to upgrade W with evouchers.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Found by googling "LOT upgrade evoucher". Could not find it using the milesandmore.com menus. Because their website basically sucks right now.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...226473023&l=en

The following upgrades are possible on international and European cross border flights operated by LOT Polish Airlines to/from Poland:

In the bottom block:

Upgrade with eVoucher:

From Economy Class to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher*
From Premium Economy Class to Business Class = 1 eVoucher

From Economy Class to Business Class = 2 eVoucher (worldwide flights)
From Economy Class to Business Class = 1 eVoucher (European flights)

*Does not apply to upgrades from booking classes G, S, T, V or W.
I read it as follows: On flights operated by LOT Polish Airlines to/from Poland, e-vouchers can't be used for upgrades into Premium Economy Class, but 1 (or 2) of them can be used for an upgrade into Business Class.

Last edited by Grog; Apr 20, 2017 at 6:19 am
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Based on that quote W should be upgradeable by 2 evouchers to business, but not by 1 evoucher to premium economy. Or am I reading it wrong?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Based on that quote W should be upgradeable by 2 evouchers to business, but not by 1 evoucher to premium economy. Or am I reading it wrong?
It sounds like I'm reading it as you are...

If in W, then can't ever upgrade to Premium economy. But can upgrade to business with: 1 eVoucher for European flights to/from Poland, or 2 eVouchers if worldwide to/from Poland. If already in Premium economy, can upgrade to business with 1 eVoucher for any flight to/from Poland. If Poland is not involved somehow, can't upgrade with eVouchers.

At least that's my interpretation.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it seems only B and Y are upgradable with eVouchers, quite shambolic and a useless benefit. This has been told to me by three different people in their M&M dept. You can also email [email protected].
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Not exactly: E, H, K, M, Q ,B ,Y are upgradable
I don't know what with the cheapest booking class (L, O, U)
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPlDER
Not exactly: E, H, K, M, Q ,B ,Y are upgradable
I don't know what with the cheapest booking class (L, O, U)
I can confirm that U is not upgradeable at all, doesn't matter miles or evouchers.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hmm... the new upgrade tool says W can only be upgraded to PE:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm on my third email where LO are repeatedly saying that only B & Y can be upgraded to Business with any number of evouchers or miles and I was sent the link to the table that oliver has just posted. The link does not mention evouchers though.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:05 am
Original Poster

well this link already mentioned above shows vouchers but it doesn't seem that either German SEN hotline or LO hotline really care about what the table says. The computer says no...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:14 pm

well this link already mentioned above shows vouchers but it doesn't seem that either German SEN hotline or LO hotline really care about what the table says. The computer says no...
At this point I would be threatening with legal action regarding misleading advertising.

https://www.wettbewerbszentrale.de/de/impressum/
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Grog
At this point I would be threatening with legal action regarding misleading advertising.

https://www.wettbewerbszentrale.de/de/impressum/
I was thinking more along the lines of spending the remaining miles on meilenschnaeppchen, not renewing SEN (had exactly two LH group flights this year so far) and moving on...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:20 am

I was thinking more along the lines of spending the remaining miles on meilenschnaeppchen, not renewing SEN (had exactly two LH group flights this year so far) and moving on...
And you could still do that after using the eVouchers--the one doesn't prevent the other.

I would not go quietly. I would at least threaten them, even if it's a paper tiger threat. LH/M&M get away with far too much. But we must each decide for ourselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.