Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

How to purchase LH lounge access in MUC, and which lounge should we go to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to purchase LH lounge access in MUC, and which lounge should we go to?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Thank you both for the advice - I ended up arriving to a K gate and used both the SEN lounges in both K and L as my USA-bound flight was delayed 2hrs. I did not realize the train had both Schengen and Non-Schengen car so the transfer between L and H was straightforward.
Good to hear that everything went well, except for the delay. The two SEN lounges are near-identical. The non-Schengen lounge has 3 beds (K only two) and the staffed bar along the window.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Good to hear that everything went well, except for the delay. The two SEN lounges are near-identical. The non-Schengen lounge has 3 beds (K only two) and the staffed bar along the window.
How is this staffed bar along the window compared to the staffed bar at senator lounge in B23 gate at Frankfurt?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kleffen
How is this staffed bar along the window compared to the staffed bar at senator lounge in B23 gate at Frankfurt?
I am not sure I get your question. Both serve drinks, the one in MUC has the apron in the background, the FRA one does not.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
I am not sure I get your question. Both serve drinks, the one in MUC has the apron in the background, the FRA one does not.
Ok. I’ve only been to the one in Frankfurt, so the question would be whether they serve same stuff as far as cocktails etc. I remember the one in Frankfurt had a menu with Spritz, Mojito etc. So, wondering if Muc has the same?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok. I’ve only been to the one in Frankfurt, so the question would be whether they serve same stuff as far as cocktails etc. I remember the one in Frankfurt had a menu with Spritz, Mojito etc. So, wondering if Muc has the same?
Yes indeed. All there. You can also get a Spritz at the Schengen SEN Cafe, open Mon-Fri only.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I did not realize the train had both Schengen and Non-Schengen car so the transfer between L and H was straightforward.
Not only that but the automated people mover in MUC has separate compartments for Schengen, clean non-Schengen and unclean non-Schengen passengers. So unlike FRA passengers arriving from clean non-Schengen countries don't have to re-clear security simply for riding the inter-terminal shuttle.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:40 am

Selection should be pretty much identical.

To me, the lounge staff at MUC seems to be less experienced concerning mixed drinks, except the one (30ish, blonde) lady who is enthusiastic about making cocktails. Some of the others have to get the instruction sheet out when you order a mojito.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they take out an instruction sheet immediately switch to a G&T because that mojito will be like a tropical fish bowl with sugar floating in the top.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
If they take out an instruction sheet immediately switch to a G&T because that mojito will be like a tropical fish bowl with sugar floating in the top.
Yikes! Lounge has been there for some time, so you’d think they would’ve built up some experience, unless they swap people frequently.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:13 pm

Yikes! Lounge has been there for some time, so you’d think they would’ve built up some experience, unless they swap people frequently.
Yes, lots of fluctuation, so some very inexperienced barkeepers.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:07 am

Does anyone know why there are smoking booths in the lounges in Frankfurt, but not in Munich?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Does anyone know why there are smoking booths in the lounges in Frankfurt, but not in Munich?
MUC has smoking rooms in the FCL...

Otherwise maybe a space issue?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR

MUC has smoking rooms in the FCL...

Otherwise maybe a space issue?
Unfortunately I don’t have access to the FCLs and those soothing cigar lounges in there 😬
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Because there are nice smoking booths in the terminal?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Because there are nice smoking booths in the terminal?
I honestly have no idea why or if there are smoking booths in either FRA or MUC outside of the lounges, which is where I’ve seen them in FRA. Google told me MUC don’t have them in the Senator lounge, which is why I’m asking. Thought maybe airport regulations were different in that part of Germany, or something like that...

Am soon traveling with a colleague which smokes, hence my question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.