Lufthansa lounge in Boston [BOS]

Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I visited 6/20 between 1500 and 1800 or so. When we arrived it was pleasant and quiet though between the LH flights LX and SK it filled up very fast. Later visitors couldn't find seats.

The space itself is quite lovely and the tarmac views are great. It was really nice seeing the 747-400 to FRA I was flying taxi in just under the lounge. The bathroom was also nice.

Food was cold sandwiches and salads, two soups, a breaded fish, rice, some hot vegetables and of course pretzels. Liquor selection was okay, mainly middle shelf brands. They had a couple local beers as well as German ones too.
Flying Machine and joachimm like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:13 am

Is there currently any First Class separation in the lounge with extra offerings?

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kacheng
Is there currently any First Class separation in the lounge with extra offerings?

Thanks
Yes. Fully operational
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
Yes. Fully operational
Thanks. What would be the First Class LH Lounge offer then?
Thinking about spending the 40k extra miles for C > F
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kacheng
Thanks. What would be the First Class LH Lounge offer then?
Thinking about spending the 40k extra miles for C > F
check the menu up thread. There should be Champagne as well. The lounge is a separate section and not a separate lounge. Spend the miles for the onboard product, not the lounge
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
check the menu up thread. There should be Champagne as well. The lounge is a separate section and not a separate lounge. Spend the miles for the onboard product, not the lounge
Does the F BOS lounge have premium champagne or scotch?

Anyone have a pic of the current menu?

Do you board from the F Lounge for the 8PM BOS-MUC flight?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

This is the salmon which replaced the tuna.

The lounge has a small first class section which holds eight people at tables in pairs, and 11 more people in comfy chairs with low cocktail tables, which make it sort of awkward to eat (capacity 19).

They seem a little overwhelmed service-wise, There were five people dining when we arrived (4 more ppl)three ppl behind me were complaining abt the slow service. It turns out they were in business class but must have had high status to dine in the lounge and pre board w first class.

There are three special drink options for first class passengers: Mumm Champagne, French Chablis, and Buehler Cabernet (CA). No special hard liquorsame as the business class bar, but the first class staff will serve you anything from the business class bar. The wines are rated 4.0-4.1/($25-30), nothing special, but considerably better than the business class wines.

The staff seems clueless as to whats available thats different in terms of alcohol for the first class dining areaOne couple just came in and asked for red wine and they were served a regular business class wineno discussion by the serverthere is nothing on the menu to indicate that there are these three special options availableso unless you ask, and even then, unless your request unless is properly understood and translated to the manager (not easily done), you wouldnt know about the premium wines. Neither the business class bartender nor the two first class servers seemed to aware of these options, although our first server seemed to indicate that there was a first class champagne, but it was not available at the time (supposedly because it wasnt chilled, but again, communication was problematic due to lack of English fluency).

Also, there doesnt seem to be any check on who is being served here. Maybe there is some behind-the-scenes check, but no one has asked anyone for a boarding pass.

The menu has two apps, red pepper soup and salad; two entrees, lamb chops and tuna (but they were out of the tuna, so they replaced it with salmon); and profiteroles w pistachio ice cream for dessert.

The lamb chops and the soup were excellent, although the soup came luke warm and had to be reheated. And, the pistachio ice cream came without the profiterolesThe waitress had no idea what a profiterole was and thought that the item was supposed to come with just ice creamHowever, after discussing with the chef, she was informed that there actually were profiterole pastries available that could be provided for the ice cream, but we didnt have time for that

The staff seems staff seems surprisingly unfamiliar with whats available, but the food itself is good.

8 lounge seats.
Yahtzee and iluvdoco like this.

Last edited by nologic; Aug 16, 2022 at 5:32 am
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New menu in the BOS F section
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not only is LH downgrading BOS-MUC there is also
no longer Champagne. Apparently I can have undefined red or white wine. How much lower can LH fall?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer;[url=tel:34627612
34627612]Not only is LH downgrading BOS-MUC there is also
no longer Champagne. Apparently I can have undefined red or white wine. How much lower can LH fall?
This is the same menu that I shared from August

The red pepper soup is very good and the lamb chops are better than the entree selections in flight, IMO.

The attendants are basically clueless but there is a special champagne and red and white wine for first class passengers You may have to ask the manager or ask the attendant to ask for the manager

I went to the bar myself and asked the business class bartender to ask for the manager and how she came first with the champagne and then I asked if there was a special wine and out she came later with the shabbily and then I asked if Hill has a special red and algae came later with the Cabernet She seemed vaguely aware that there was some thing available but generally unfamiliar with that although ultimately she produced all three bottles, albeit I guess they were caught off guard because they didnt chill the champagne. There must be very little demand for it because no one would know about it.

Interesting the paper menu itself is very similar but slightly more colorful than the paper menu that was available for us in August. So theyre trying to improve things. I dont understand why they dont put the wine and champagne options on the other side or the bottom of this menu Also the attendant was unaware as to what a profiterole was and we were just served playing pistachio ice cream until I further inquired and was told that yes I could get the ice cream in a pastry with a sauce By that time I was ready to board so we declined.

The premium first class only options were Mumm champagne, Chablis from France, and Cabernet from California. There was no cold champagne availableThe Mumm was warm. None of these were particularly distinctive, but they are a step up from the lounges business class offerings.

The level of English spoken by the serving attendance is very poor, or was very poor on the day we were there.

Flying Machine likes this.

Last edited by nologic; Sep 24, 2022 at 5:22 pm
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nologic
The attendants are basically clueless but there is a special champagne and red and white wine for first class passengers You may have to ask the manager or ask the attendant to ask for the manager
Nope. I have been here quite often ... they had none.

There was also no beer ... yeah ... 4 Swiss F pax came in and asked for beer and were told they were out of that as well. White and red wine ... pathetic.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Not only is LH downgrading BOS-MUC there is also
no longer Champagne. Apparently I can have undefined ‘red’ or ‘white’ wine. How much lower can LH fall?
Was there earlier this week and the experience was fairly underwhelming.

The server (Maria) told me that the special FCL wines had not arrived due to supply problems, so the wines served were exclusively the ones from the regular lounge offering. The reds and whites are not great, but then again, I was offered a Kaiken Malbec at the FCT the other day that is not exactly high end either.

There was no sparkling in the non-F-lounge at all (I overheard a conversation at the bar) and the bubbly in the F section was Roederer Estate from California. Not terrible, but also not great.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by nologic
This is the same menu that I shared from August…

The red pepper soup is very good and the lamb chops are better than the entree selections in flight, IMO.

The attendants are basically clueless but there is a special champagne and red and white wine for first class passengers… You may have to ask the manager or ask the attendant to ask for the manager…

I went to the bar myself and asked the business class bartender to ask for the manager and how she came first with the champagne and then I asked if there was a special wine and out she came later with the shabbily and then I asked if Hill has a special red and algae came later with the Cabernet… She seemed vaguely aware that there was some thing available but generally unfamiliar with that although ultimately she produced all three bottles, albeit I guess they were caught off guard because they didn’t chill the champagne. There must be very little demand for it because no one would know about it.

Interesting the paper menu itself is very similar but slightly more colorful than the paper menu that was available for us in August. So they’re trying to improve things. I don’t understand why they don’t put the wine and champagne options on the other side or the bottom of this menu… Also the attendant was unaware as to what a profiterole was and we were just served playing pistachio ice cream until I further inquired and was told that yes I could get the ice cream in a pastry with a sauce… By that time I was ready to board so we declined.

The premium first class only options were Mumm champagne, Chablis from France, and Cabernet from California. There was no cold champagne available…The Mumm was warm. None of these were particularly distinctive, but they are a step up from the lounge’s business class offerings.
None of the "premium" first class drink options were available when I was there earlier this week. The server cited supply issues, as mentioned in the other post.

Also the tuna on the anyway limited first class menu was not available, but scallops instead. Overall, food wasn't all that great.

Menu

Soup (I didn't like all that much)

Salad (with lots of cheese)

Lamb (ok, but nothing to write home about)

Scallops (uninspired)

And the wait for food was very long.

The lounge just does not seem to be managed very well. There was a younger dark-haired guy in a suit watching the attendant at the entrance, looked like a lounge manager to me, and he was very unfriendly. I politely asked whether they could print boarding passes for me, as my phone battery was causing some issues, and he responded with "passport" (although I showed them the boarding pass on the phone) and gave me several other orders without "please" or "thank you". If he is the lounge manager, that would explain many of the issues. He deserves to be fired, with the recommendation to quit the service industry.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: EB Diamond (SK*G), Accor Platinum
Any recent review of the normal part of the lounge, not the first class one? Just curious what kind of beer taps they have and if it is better than UC in E.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon
Any recent review of the normal part of the lounge, not the first class one? Just curious what kind of beer taps they have and if it is better than UC in E.
They had Harpoon IPA, but no bubbly, two weeks ago when I was there. The also had Sam Adams Summer Ale, which is revolting, so I declined.

Food in the (non-F) lounge was decent and quite a good selection, but the seats filled up quickly.

Cold food

Hot food

Buffet left

Buffet right

Very appropriately, they had clam chowder that was not on the menu! Big plus in Boston!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.