FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   *G via UA on LH flight - premium eco? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1827949-g-via-ua-lh-flight-premium-eco.html)

ranshe Mar 8, 2017 2:47 am

*G via UA on LH flight - premium eco?

Hi,
any chance of getting such upgrade?
It's Lisbon to Frankfurt to Los Angeles.

Thanks,

ajeleonard Mar 8, 2017 2:58 am

Only as an op up. There's a chance, yes. Is it likely, no

SK AAR Mar 8, 2017 12:57 pm

Close to zero. Dozens of pax (higher booking class, HON, SEN, FTL) will be ahead of you in the line for an op-upgrade.

Kacee Mar 8, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ranshe (Post 28007529)

Just to be clear, upgrades are not a *G benefit. If the PE cabin is oversold, an op-up would be possible but this is an infrequent occurrence.

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 28009983)
Close to zero. Dozens of pax (higher booking class, HON, SEN, FTL) will be ahead of you in the line for an op-upgrade.

That's an overstatement. *G do get op'ed up by LH on occasion. And a *G in PE pax would rank pretty high on the list.

laxman1960 Mar 8, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi,

Thanks,

Highly unlikely...

vbroucek Mar 9, 2017 1:46 am

Hi,

Thanks,

LH is not UA :D:D:D

SPlDER Mar 9, 2017 10:08 am

and LH PE is not UA E+ ;-p

weero Mar 11, 2017 5:48 am

Originally Posted by vbroucek (Post 28012529)
LH is not UA :D:D:D

Given that 6 out of my 6 previous GPUs did not clear on UA, I'd say the probability on LH is a lot higher ....

dpy940307 Apr 4, 2017 3:06 pm

As a *G I've gotten a lot of op ups from Premium eco to business when flying Lufthansa. Although that could be because prem eco has very limited number of seats

trooper Apr 5, 2017 2:44 am

And given UA doesn't even give its E+ to other *G one has to wonder why a real Premium Economy would be offered to UA elites....

Just sayin......

Nic33 Apr 5, 2017 4:19 am

Hi,

Thanks,

I understand that you are asking whether there is a chance to get upgraded from Y to PE. The answers would be the same as those given from PE to C. However, a paid upgrade at the gate would not be outrageously expensive.

warakorn Apr 5, 2017 9:14 am

You have some options to purchase an upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy, if the ticket was issued by Lufthansa (220-).