Wiki Posts
Search

Lufhansa A350-900 A359 experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:41 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
talking about 359 C experience, I was surprised there were only 2 lavatories for the C cabin on my recent HND-MUC segment. There were almost always 2-3 people queued up by the lavs, loitering on the edge of the galley, constantly having to evade CC coming to and fro. Not really impressed.
I agree. Did realize the exact same thing when I did fly MUC-HND on JAN15. 2 Lavs for 48 pax in a premium cabin is barebone minimum. When travelling back HND-FRA on the upper deck of the 748 there were 2 lavs for 32 pax (plus additional lavs and pax downstairs). I didn't have to wait for a pit stop on that flight.
N1003U likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:36 pm

A350 359 J Class Seats

Hello!

i am wondering if this wonderful community can help me figure out which seats would be a good option in traveling Solo on J on LH 350-9 including seating in the smaller cabin vs the main cabin. If smaller cabin, is the lavatory used by other classes other then J.
Tried searching but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by yyvrdude; Mar 3, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: LH M+M
First off, LH flies two versions. One has no small cabin for J.
If there's one, some of the PE pax will certainly use the front lavs (but does it matter who is walking past?)
I was in 1A on HKG-MUC and 2A was bumping feet in his sleep, so next time I might go to row 6 - I dont
mind galley noise (QC20 ).
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC E75K
LH A350 Business Class Seat Choice Question

Hello LH Forum,

Question for those of you with ample experience with LH's C cabin on the A359: Is the smaller cabin (rows 7 and 8) a good choice? I suspect it will be more private, but wondering if anyone has negative experiences such as having their meal orders taken last, the proximity to the lavatories, or Y passengers coming up to use the C bathrooms.

Many thanks!

Cheers
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: LH HON, Qantas Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Lack
I have to admit, it's pretty underwhelming.
I fully agree, an outdated seat, narrow and certainly not a five star product. Due to a lack of a First Class cabin, I will book alternatives anyway. Before flying with this product, I will certainly prefer many other alternatives. So far, I have always been successful.
#no LH A350
Old May 26, 2018, 9:47 pm

So what would be a good seat for an overnight DEL-MUC in J for a single traveler? I got 1A for now, but not sure how that would work out if I need to get out during the night and neighbor is snoozing.
Old May 29, 2018, 3:43 pm

*bump*
Old May 29, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I would book the cabin's middle rows to avoid the proximity to the galley and bathroom, especially for a night flight. If you have the agility to step over your fellow passenger, a window seat is fine.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:36 pm

So the middle rows at the bulkhead would be the worst of both - noise and footsey neighbor? Considering switching to window bulkhead seat (1A) instead. I can def. climb over the isle neighbor if seats allow for that.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: LX SEN
See seaplan: https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lu...s_A350-900.php

I would book a seat on rows 3 or 4. If you are willing and able to step over a passenger, you could book seat A or K. If you wish direct aisle access, you may book any other seat.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: BA blue
Hi,

Considering trying LH on a trip to Tokyo in september, i see that i can get the A350 service for a reasonable price.

How are the Economy seats on this plane in term of width and comfyness in the seat itself? I'll most likely get an extra legroom seat or something so legroom shouldn't be a problem. Is it liveable for an 11hr flight?

Bonus: Is it the same seat on the 747-8? I see that's cheapest on return.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Trying to decide between FRA-DEN (B744) and MUC-DEN (A359) in Y. Price and schedule are roughly the same, so unless the consensus is that Y on the B744 is appreciably better than on the A359, I'll probably pick the MUC option for the easier transit. I've flown the LH B744 in longhaul Y before and it was fine so I roughly know how that one is.

Anyone have experience with both in Y?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Any recommended PE seat for longhaul flight? I'm currently seated in 15G but all seats are open even bulkhead. The IFE is in the armrests for the bulkhead seats it seems.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:17 am

Yes, the bulkhead seats have the IFE in the armrests. It doesn't impact the width of the seat, but does mean you can't watch the IFE during taxi, takeoff and landing - so I personally avoid these seats (as well as bulkhead seats in economy). If the IFE constraints are fine for you, then bulkhead seats have more room and no-one reclining the seat in front of you.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by 8420PR
Yes, the bulkhead seats have the IFE in the armrests. It doesn't impact the width of the seat, but does mean you can't watch the IFE during taxi, takeoff and landing - so I personally avoid these seats (as well as bulkhead seats in economy). If the IFE constraints are fine for you, then bulkhead seats have more room and no-one reclining the seat in front of you.
Thanks for the input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.