Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufhansa A350-900 A359 experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Thanks - never noticed that, I've only seen that on SQ.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I have to say. The lack of the traditional Lufthansa yellow color trimmings in tha cabin makes it seem kind of bland, given the over-usage of light blue shades.
+1!
Can't agree more.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:53 am

I'm too tired (couldn't sleep last night) to write up a proper trip report today, so a picture dump will have to do for now: (in a completely random order, again — see point about not sleeping ;P)

http://imgur.com/a/eYgNJ

Few things I noticed about the C seat: the seat seems to inflate/deflate itself during take-off/landing — I don't remember that happening on other planes, but then I might have a super spotty memory and just noticed it this time.

The AKG NC headphones are absolute garbage.

IFE controller has full qwerty keyboard on the back, but the IFE itself doesn't have any search function... (and somewhat surprisingly to me, it seems to be based on Android — sometimes when "switching apps" you'd see the traditional software buttons.

The window seat armrests doesn't fold into the seat, instead it kind of flips up.

Some of the things are horribly hidden — I'm not sure if I ever wanted to use a USB plug before, but I was 100% sure those seats just don't have them because they were so well hidden.

It similarly took me a good 30 seconds looking about the lav to notice where the goddamn "flush" button was...

Otherwise, it's a LH C seat, what'd you expect?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: LH Sen, OW Sapphire, Skyteam Gold
Originally Posted by klausa
I'm too tired (couldn't sleep last night) to write up a proper trip report today, so a picture dump will have to do for now: (in a completely random order, again — see point about not sleeping ;P)

http://imgur.com/a/eYgNJ

Few things I noticed about the C seat: the seat seems to inflate/deflate itself during take-off/landing — I don't remember that happening on other planes, but then I might have a super spotty memory and just noticed it this time.

The AKG NC headphones are absolute garbage.

IFE controller has full qwerty keyboard on the back, but the IFE itself doesn't have any search function... (and somewhat surprisingly to me, it seems to be based on Android — sometimes when "switching apps" you'd see the traditional software buttons.

The window seat armrests doesn't fold into the seat, instead it kind of flips up.

Some of the things are horribly hidden — I'm not sure if I ever wanted to use a USB plug before, but I was 100% sure those seats just don't have them because they were so well hidden.

It similarly took me a good 30 seconds looking about the lav to notice where the goddamn "flush" button was...

Otherwise, it's a LH C seat, what'd you expect?
Wow, just finished flight LH 763 from Delhi to Munich in seat 1K and do so not agree with anything you write. The new headphone is the best headphone I have experienced on any flight. It is small and compact but cancels noise better than any Bose or whatever headphone I have ever been using. The fold up of the armrest gives you more space to sleep, a solid 6,5 hour sleep on an 8 hour flight is highly satisfying for me. The new monitor is much bigger, the controller very responsive and definitely better than the old remote. The lavatory flush button was the first one that I spotted when entering the new toilet, the position makes so much more sense on the side than behind the toilet. The seat is the same, but it still allows me to sleep a good portion of each and every flight and that is most important. The huge windows, the extremely quiet cabin, the fresh design of the galley as well as the ambilight in the morning and the different cabin pressure ( normally I feel a bit dizzy or have a headache after an 8 hour flight, and no I do not drink any alcohol on board) have made this airplane my favourite one for the moment. Definitely way better than the 787-8 or 787-9 which has too many flaws. Well done Airbus !!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Thumbs down

Beautiful for seeing, not flying.
I noticed 3-3-3 layout in economy? Is this correct? From 2-4-2 on A340 or 330 now there is 9 across?

Business class seats, look really small, and the look towards your monitor gives me an impression of economy seats. Very, very narrow seat backs, and a lot of open space, no privacy at all!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
Beautiful for seeing, not flying.
I noticed 3-3-3 layout in economy? Is this correct? From 2-4-2 on A340 or 330 now there is 9 across?
It's a wider plane. Be happy that Airbus didn't show the 10 abreast config earlier.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by Lack
It's a wider plane. Be happy that Airbus didn't show the 10 abreast config earlier.
Maybe it's just a matter of time. This is their first model...who knows!
-(
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Gold
I have a red-eye flight from Boston to Munich coming up in business class. From those who have flown this, which section is better? The larger section up front, or the smaller two row section between the galley and the premium economy section? I am currently in seat 5G up front. Seats 8D and G are open though. I'm hoping for the quietest seat for a good nights sleep.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lu...s_A350-900.php

Last edited by ZMoney; Jun 13, 2017 at 7:52 am Reason: adding link
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: LH SEN
LH 359 seating

FTers-
Which C cabin is better while traveling with kids on the LH 359. The larger cabin upfront or the smaller "stubli" behind the galley?
Thanks as always.
AK
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Roughly a wash, the smaller cabin is more private but the whole of economy boards through it when using door 2. Don't see how kids would change the equation.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I cannot believe they put those crap business class seats on the new bird. And 2-2-2 again? What a shame!!!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Roughly a wash, the smaller cabin is more private but the whole of economy boards through it when using door 2. Don't see how kids would change the equation.
This is true about economy boarding through the smaller cabin. Also in the smaller cabin you are going to have more issues trying to swap seats if you need to try to get your kids sitting next to you. Less seats to choose from.

I didn't mind the smaller cabin overall. They do a good job of closing the curtains between economy so it's feels private once the flight gets going. It's closer to the bathrooms. But on an overnight flight it's going to be more disruptive to be near the bathrooms. I flew overnight in the larger cabin and a day flight in the smaller cabin.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:47 am

A350-900 muc-hnd

LH started service with the A359 between MUC and HND last week. Has anybody flown that route? How does it compare to the A346?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by lovejapan
LH started service with the A359 between MUC and HND last week. Has anybody flown that route? How does it compare to the A346?
No F unfortunately.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by lovejapan
In MUC now, just back from HND. The A359 is nice in C, no F as pointed out. Seats are the same as throughout the fleet, IFE screens are larger. The A359 is quieter than the B777 but not as quiet as 4 engined A340s. Two good flights all in all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.