Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delights to Go [formerly LH Flying Lab grab to go trial] in MUC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by klausa
I didn't use the service since I had an hour to kill between the flights, but from the looks of it the sandwiches were the same they serve onboard in Y...
My standards are low enough to actually prefer them to the cold trays they have on short haul C...
Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: 1 thousand
SAS seem to do something similar at the gate, at least I saw a self-serve cupboard at both CPH and AAR when boarding flights there last year. I couldn't quite tell if it was J-only, J+*G, or for everyone.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
A similar concept will start in Munich on Sep 5 with vending machines dispensing to go bags and beverages after scanning the BP.

Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Seems like an "enhancement" to eventually go BOB in Y.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: Miles & More FTL
I can imagine this project having something to do with future BOB, but could it simply be a way to reduce lounge overcrowding? Those with little time just needing to grab a cup of coffee and a quick snack wouldn't need to visit the lounge anymore...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anderson24
I can imagine this project having something to do with future BOB, but could it simply be a way to reduce lounge overcrowding? Those with little time just needing to grab a cup of coffee and a quick snack wouldn't need to visit the lounge anymore...
Eventhough MUC has a high density of lounges it cuts 5-10 minutes to go there and grab something today... plus they don't offer anything to go anyway.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Oh dear. If I read the marketing buzzword "hochwertig (high-quality)" snack I will a bad feeling. This sounds like "enhancement" to me. By the way I can remember the self-service shelfs at the boarding gates where you could grab chocolate bars and other stuff for short flights.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Some pictures are here: https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/luft...unchpaket.html
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
For the benefit of those without VFT account. I have to say some of them don’t look very appetising.
Attached Images        
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
I actually like this idea! I remember when the LX ZRH A/B lounges were closed for renovation, and we had the option to get a sandwich or fruit, plus a drink from a few of the eateries in the airport. I appreciated being able to take something to eat on the plane, where on flights like ZRH-MXP the only catering was chocolate. I found it convenient and practical, and might have preferred it to going into the lounge to eat.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: M&M HON***
The former „snackbox“ is back

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Didn't Lufthansa have meal bags/boxes that you grabbed before going onboard on short hauls in the 1980's? I seem to recall doing this leaving DUS on short hauls a few times in the late 1980's
There used to be a small circular buffet in the departure hall with sandwiches, yoghurt, apples, bananas, cake, etc. which you could then put into a small plastic bag and take along on board. It was called snackbox. It was offered on every flight within Germany in the 70s and 80s and disappeared some time in the late 80s if I remember correctly. It was a available to all passengers in 1st and 2nd class (but the 1st class passengers received an additional meal on board).
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:43 pm

Is it possible that they are planing to reduce the number of lounges (i.e. rent) at the airport in the future?

p.s. the packaging of the snack box doesn't look very environmentally friendly to me...
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:05 am
Original Poster

some pictures from this morning

Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.