Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Fly with me Business' without lounge and priority?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Post 'Fly with me Business' without lounge and priority?

Originally Posted by mikkelhk
Denmark companion offer for Business Class only, for select European and US destinations:
https://www.lufthansa.com/dk/en/loca...Query.adults=2

I tested a few dates in Spring 2022, all booked into P, and all very close to the "from" price (within 1000DKK higher than the "from" price).
Am I correct in reading that these companion fares do not include lounge access, priority boarding, or priority lanes? Is that new or have these fares always been that pared down?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Baker421
Am I correct in reading that these companion fares do not include lounge access, priority boarding, or priority lanes? Is that new or have these fares always been that pared down?
It sure looks like that when doing a dummy booking on LH. Tried the same thing on LX website and there you get everything, so it might just be some IT glitch on LH's part.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Deckter
It sure looks like that when doing a dummy booking on LH. Tried the same thing on LX website and there you get everything, so it might just be some IT glitch on LH's part.
This is what I see on dummy bookings on LH's website:

Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
This is what I see on dummy bookings on LH's website:

While I see this:

Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, wonder if the fare I am seeing is actually the discounted fare.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deckter
While I see this:

I also see the pared down "fly me with business" version. And if you click through and look at fare conditions, it explicitly excludes lounge, fast track, and priority boarding.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If true, á la AY, it seems Carsten is still reading my emails on ways to reduce the carbon footprint of LH by reducing pax numbers
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's next, the same restrictions on award tickets?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Besides the absence of lounge access and priority boarding, what the hell is this? ⬇️⬇️

I have booked for me and my mother a “Fly me with Business” ticket for April 2022, GRU-ZRH with Swiss (LX 93 / LX 92).

Booked at LH.com and now this is what appears at LH main Web page when I am logged in (in Portuguese, sorry, but is easy to guess):

But the confirmation e-mail shows the booking in the P class anyway. I was also able to do the seat reservation (also excluded from the fare conditions at LH web and App).

In the Swiss App, I also get this:

And at the Swiss Web Site, the Fly with me Business fare conditions shows all the Business services.

I hope this is really just a “glitch” at LH.com and I also only hoping for the best regarding the coronavirus situation for next year.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I just called LH who told me that both passengers would have lounge access, priority boarding and the other benefits associated with business class.

I couldn't find any mention of unbundled fares on the LH website - but at the same time when going through a dummy booking, lounge access, priority boarding etc are greyed as benefits for this fare. I was going to book one of these fares today but I'm feeling a little nervous now...
Baker421 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 1:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So far there has been no announcement and I suspect it is just a display issue... LH's IT is not known for stellar accuracy
Baker421 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 5:18 am
Original Poster

"This offer is valid for sale until 20 July 2021." Does that mean it ends tonight at midnight or tomorrow at midnight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.