Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delights to Go [formerly LH Flying Lab grab to go trial] in MUC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
Some websites have written its open to eligible lounge pax. That's not true. Access is only HON, SEN and FTL, plus F and C. NO Star Gold.
Did they explicitly tell you it's not accessible for *G? The last time I went there (granted, over half a year ago), I had no problems accessing it with a non-LH *A flight and status.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I believe it's open to anyone who has lounge access.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That’s not my two day old experience.

His screen has the cards issued under M&M, I believe that is SN, LO, LX and OS, I’m right in thinking the likes of JP, OU are issued as LH#. Whereas the system and screen they use for lounge entry has many card pictures, this one had only four or five.

No Star Gold. The system rejected mine. But my FTL was accepted no issues. He confirmed it was only LH group and as I said, C and F.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:07 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
That‘s pretty sad.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But it further fuels the debate of “who pays for access”!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nick Art
That‘s pretty sad.
Why is it sad? Minor perk for LH Group status customers at a LH hub.

The sorts of AC have lounges that accept only paying AC fliers in J.

Last edited by worldclubber; Jul 22, 2019 at 10:54 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I donmt like the trend of reducing benefits to only their own elites. I understand it for some part (ie F award tickets etc.) but the way it‘s currently going *G becomes less and less useful around the world unless you‘re flying your home carrier and I don‘t want that. Specifically since rumor has it that the new Swiss senator cafe will only be for M&M Sens, excluding all other *Gs which, excuse my language, would really piss me off.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
I donmt like the trend of reducing benefits to only their own elites. I understand it for some part (ie F award tickets etc.) but the way it‘s currently going *G becomes less and less useful around the world unless you‘re flying your home carrier and I don‘t want that. Specifically since rumor has it that the new Swiss senator cafe will only be for M&M Sens, excluding all other *Gs which, excuse my language, would really piss me off.
Well, in a SEN Cafe just for SENs, there would be more room for SENs...
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Seriously? MUC has 5 lounges that *G have exclusive access to plus 3 business lounges. The SEN Cafe and the snack robot closet might be exclusive but certainly a *G will not starve in MUC. Unlike Polaris Vs UCC or Maple Leaf Vs Signature in ORD Viz. YYZ.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that’s academic, as the SEN Cafe in MUC is open to *G.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
No I'm pissed because Nick Art took out the 'OMG the *G are such an unlucky bunch' record on this topic.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I understand your consternation. The fares ex MUC are very high.

I’d imagine you stay loyal to M&M as you can guest your whole family and there’s the two year qual? But I’d hope while you could, you were on the Diamond Club bandwagon?

Otherwise vote with your feet if you think *G is better obtained elsewhere?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:17 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by hugolover
Well I understand your consternation. The fares ex MUC are very high.

I’d imagine you stay loyal to M&M as you can guest your whole family and there’s the two year qual? But I’d hope while you could, you were on the Diamond Club bandwagon?

Otherwise vote with your feet if you think *G is better obtained elsewhere?
We're heading OT here, but since I am sitting in the same boat / a similar boat here in MUC:

The main reason for me is convenience. I can get to >90% of the destinations where I need to go for work nonstop out of MUC on LH (and some *A partners such as SK) and I have to think hard to remember a business trip where I needed to change more than once to get to my destination. Changing planes in CDG/LHR/HEL/AMS/younameit might save my employer a couple of €s, but it's a killer from a time perspective.

As for my personal travel with my family, the Mrs. is not fond of having to change planes more than necessary. I know that I will get the lecture because I booked a routing via FRA for next year's trip to Canada just so that Jr. can fly the 747 (while it's still out there flying) over a nonstop on a 350 that would have been available.

I will be honest, I do / we do enjoy the perks of being SEN/*G quite a bit, but that's a positive side effect.

There are some topics where I am annoyed quite a bit, because of negative treatment of "other" *Gs, though, SQ's *G check in policy at the PE counters comes to my mind, for example. I did raise the whole *A, benefits and seamless travel question to Carsten the VFT/FT Kamingespräch 5 years ago and he was open and blunt saying that this is not a priority for LH - q.e.d.
hugolover and Nick Art like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just said that I dislike to current trend towards reducing lounge access and benefits for *G, sure in MUC there are a lot other options, but think about the whole ordeal about the Swiss Senator A lounges where it was first announced that *G wouldn't have access anymore. Sure, SENs would have probably liked that, but I kind of dislike idea of making some *G worth more than others. (For example SENs get access to Sen cafe and the SAS gold lounge while SK *G only have access to their own *G lounge, not accurate but with the whole discussion about the A lounges in ZRH this isn't too far fetched). I would hate to see it go that way.
It's not just Lufthansa and Swiss, but other airlines as well: The new Polaris Lounges, SQ and their treatment of other airline *Gs. Many airlines offer some benefits only to their own *G while others treat other *G the same as their own *Gs. For example, let's be honest, I would love to be allowed to reserve SEN/HON blocked seats on LX and LH as *G. I would like a system where such benefits (not all obviously) would be adjusted in a sense to *G alliance wide instead of reducing them to only their own *G. I'm not trying to have your benefits taken away obviously, but I just think some airlines are starting to treat other *G worse than they used to and that it could be done better.
All *G are created equal, except some *G are more equal than others...

I never said how unlucky and worthless *G is, because it certainly isn't, it's still the highest alliance wide Status and it really helps a lot to make travel more comfortable. Obviously you might think that it's only about a small Snack bar and while I agree that this view might seem exaggerated for this specific instance, it's about the trend and thought behind it.
I'm not exactly sure how I deserve such an answer, but we're really going off topic here.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:05 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I just said that I dislike to current trend towards reducing lounge access and benefits for *G, sure in MUC there are a lot other options, but think about the whole ordeal about the Swiss Senator A lounges where it was first announced that *G wouldn't have access anymore. Sure, SENs would have probably liked that, but I kind of dislike idea of making some *G worth more than others. (For example SENs get access to Sen cafe and the SAS gold lounge while SK *G only have access to their own *G lounge, not accurate but with the whole discussion about the A lounges in ZRH this isn't too far fetched). I would hate to see it go that way.
It's not just Lufthansa and Swiss, but other airlines as well: The new Polaris Lounges, SQ and their treatment of other airline *Gs. Many airlines offer some benefits only to their own *G while others treat other *G the same as their own *Gs. For example, let's be honest, I would love to be allowed to reserve SEN/HON blocked seats on LX and LH as *G. I would like a system where such benefits (not all obviously) would be adjusted in a sense to *G alliance wide instead of reducing them to only their own *G. I'm not trying to have your benefits taken away obviously, but I just think some airlines are starting to treat other *G worse than they used to and that it could be done better.
All *G are created equal, except some *G are more equal than others...

I never said how unlucky and worthless *G is, because it certainly isn't, it's still the highest alliance wide Status and it really helps a lot to make travel more comfortable. Obviously you might think that it's only about a small Snack bar and while I agree that this view might seem exaggerated for this specific instance, it's about the trend and thought behind it.
I'm not exactly sure how I deserve such an answer, but we're really going off topic here.
If you look at the qualification criteria *G is not equal to *G. Look at LH vs. A3/TK/etc. - especially given the meager amount of both award and status miles LH is willing to hand out to customers. I used to be able to make SEN easily within a 6-9 month timeframe, nowadays I have to squeeze in a mileage run to get my ... across the line (while my travel pattern have not changed. I am looking at this from a Y flyer perspective who is happy to manage to get approval for PE about 2/3rds of the time).
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.