Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilots go on strike! Not again... [Nov 2016 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately, United hasn't updated their travel waiver, so I wasn't allowed to switch LH intra-Europe flight to another carrier.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Strike is extended to wednesday AND thursday!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:37 pm

I wonder when the pilots will realize they're the pawns in this insane game.....
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Strike is extended to wednesday AND thursday!
Looks like same terms and times.....I've never seen a company so weak when it comes to dealing with unions..... Everyone else seems to find labor peace at some point.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:28 pm

Any idea when Lufthansa will update their system to reflect cancellation on Thursday's (11/24) flights?

I wish they could do this as soon as possible so that I could contact United to switch to another airlines...

Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by summerdayshopping
Any idea when Lufthansa will update their system to reflect cancellation on Thursday's (11/24) flights?

I wish they could do this as soon as possible so that I could contact United to switch to another airlines...

if history repeats, then we should see something no later than 6a CET. Follow @LufthansaNews on twitter, they'll provide the info and link the minute it goes public. Go ahead and call United anyway, in the past when I had strikes impact my flight, UA changed my ticket even though specifics weren't announced. They accepted the fact that the strike was coming, but with no details, and rebooked my tickets. The worst you can get now is a no.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see that this evening's(11/22) LH465 MCO-FRA has been cancelled while the inbound flight arrived at MCO. Would it be a good guess to say this cancellation was due to the strike?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, the SOP for US departures is to park the aircraft for a day in the US instead of sending it back.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by summerdayshopping

United has updated their waiver
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:10 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

UA has issued a waiver:

View Screen Capture

That definitely give you the opportunity to call in for 016 issued tickets operated by LH.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:07 pm

The one time I have a 220 ticket they won't let me rebook until they have "official word". Their last twitter post was 4hours ago...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:13 pm

Friend/colleague was due to fly DTW-DEL on LH via FRA in C on an UA award. He called in and they are changing him to UA/AI via ORD in revenue! United seems to be more proactive right now.^
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Terrible situation at SEA today. Check in agents processed a couple dozens passengers, leaving hundreds stranded in line. Agents spent about an hour per passenger to accommodate missed connections that will occur tomorrow. As the scheduled departure approached, the pilots saw the log jam of passengers and instructed the agents to shutdown all check-in.

What a horrible company and shame on the pilots for not taking actions to help their paying customers.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:13 pm

Question for the experts: I am booked on two LH flights on 24 November from xxx - FRA - LAX. Now also announced as strike day.

Tickets are on 016 stock paid with miles in business class. Will LH treat this as a business class ticket in an irrop situation (and rebook in business class), or simply state "no mileage seats available, good luck, see you next week"?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by whereiswaldo
Question for the experts: I am booked on two LH flights on 24 November from xxx - FRA - LAX. Now also announced as strike day.

Tickets are on 016 stock paid with miles in business class. Will LH treat this as a business class ticket in an irrop situation (and rebook in business class), or simply state "no mileage seats available, good luck, see you next week"?
Almost certain that they will re-accommodate you in the same class just with another carrier. What can happen is that they can perhaps find you an economy seat for the day of travel, or if you can wait, a biz class seat the next day, and the decision would be yours as to which seat to take. But they won't simply reduce you to economy 'just because'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.