Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish new/cancelled/changed routes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:31 am

Is LOT about to announce Manchester as rumours would suggest? That would be a nice comeback!

G
hugolover and MichaelBaku like this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Is LOT about to announce Manchester as rumours would suggest? That would be a nice comeback!

G
That would be a game changer for me, as I have a profound resistance to LHR. Even though I prefer BHX there isn't a non-stop option from WAW so WAW-MAN would take preference over my current BRU (SN) or CPH (SK) routings.

BTW, when is BKK going to reappear? There was a post (#22) back in Feb in this thread saying an announcement was imminent.

My understanding was that BKK got shelved because the pax were 100% bucket class Y and it was hard to sell the premium fares, but if they can now serve all manner of obscure routes, like RZE-EWR, I don't see why BKK can't be handled.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

G
The key is frequency and for me fare combinations, like into MAN out from LHR on one ticket.

EDI would be wonderful.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
That would be a game changer for me, as I have a profound resistance to LHR. Even though I prefer BHX there isn't a non-stop option from WAW so WAW-MAN would take preference over my current BRU (SN) or CPH (SK) routings
We seem to be on the same boat in relation to the above, yet I’m not sure whether I’d go for MAN instead of the usual one-stop’s itinerary (BHX via either CPH or AMS) or the (LO) direct flight to LHR and the train from Euston. These days SN is only an option when flying out of WAW on a Sunday/Monday night as the passports’ situation on the way to the B gates at 9 o’clock in the morning is a total disgrace and, given the weekly commute, I have no intention of going through that crap on a regular basis (add the delays due to de-icing here at WAW, making the connection even shorter, and you’re up for fun...). SK, so far and at least for my needs, the best option together with KL.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Dec 9, 2017 at 6:54 am
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Question LOT 11 WAW-EWR: No Longer Daily Frequency

Sorry for a basic question, but I have reservation on LO 11 WAW-EWR on Monday, 3-SEP-18.

Expert Flyer showing the flight no longer operates on Mondays.
EF does not show day of the week that flight operates.
(Triggered a schedule change with my UA reservations.)

Is this route seasonal for LO?
Wondering if it will revert back to daily next Spring/Summer.

THANKS
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:23 am

That's for S18. It's currently the winter season so a different timetable is in operation.

The current WAW-EWR service is LO 15: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo15

The summer schedule for LO 11 ended on Oct 31.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:08 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Billiken
Sorry for a basic question, but I have reservation on LO 11 WAW-EWR on Monday, 3-SEP-18.

Expert Flyer showing the flight no longer operates on Mondays.
EF does not show day of the week that flight operates.
(Triggered a schedule change with my UA reservations.)

Is this route seasonal for LO?
Wondering if it will revert back to daily next Spring/Summer.

THANKS
On Mondays the flight will operate RZE-EWR flight iso WAW-RZE.

It will be a scissor route WAW-EWR-RZE-EWR-WAW on some days of the week.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:46 am

I still can't believe that RZE is getting a longhaul wide-body operations.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by klausa
I still can't believe that RZE is getting a longhaul wide-body operations.
The local government sponsors the route, LOT flies it. Waste of taxpayers' money in my opinion (they'd better pay for local trains and buses, that's what the region actually needs), but still a better approach to longhaul flights from RZE and KRK than the previous "local politicians want a route, LOT flies it and suffers losses".
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:14 am

What's old is new again. Pure communism. LO was on it's way to becoming a good airline again until the government pretty much switched management. This is no different than what they did with Polish broadcasting. The flight may be full in economy with the lowest paying passengers but the business class will have no one in it. But as others have said, the government will subsidize it and the flights will go on. For other examples see LO starting flights from BUD or Polish InterCity trains having scheduled stops at hay bale size towns of (now former) prime ministers.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally, I think its all lovely. One of the advantages of spending a lot of time in Polska is that I can get the benefit of Mrs. May's "EU" cash. I don't think I ever benefitted from state aid as I much as I have in Poland, it just so happens to not be from Polish taxpayers and I am not Polish, but, that is the EU dream. The trains I use here are far better than in the UK, the regional airports are much better-Fast Track works so well. (The little lounge in RZE has a Nespresso making coffee much better than the LO machine in WAW .)

The flight might be full of the cheapest fares but theres a hairs width between LO fares and those of LH group on PL-US (and you more substantial free catering). Only on the non-stops is it more expensive. And 2000zl is far more than you would pay from a more wealthy country like the UK for an advance purchase NYC fare. PL is not a particularly cheap country to fly from to the US, I know a number of Poles who take further ground or air transportation to take advantage of cheaper fares for long journeys. Cheapest fare on direct RZE-EWR seems to be 2180 PLN, its 2012 PLN if you fly via WAW. I'd say many would still fly from KRK with LH because the schedules are much better for the same price and enhanced frequency.

PL Premium fares are not cheap. 8910 PLN, RZE-NYC with LO, 8600 with LH. I understand pricing behind the non-stops but it's cheaper to fly via one of LH group hubs, FRA, MUC, VIE, ZRH and sit in a C cabin than "Dash" it to WAW. I am sure LO have some very good corporate deals because otherwise its just patriotism to fly with LO.

Imagine you can fly from GOT-SFO for a shy over 1200 PLN with LH in Y. There's nothing like that out of Poland.

By the way, PS are starting KRK-KBP with a Barbie Jet. They have very good fares on NYC in C (4500 PLN), I know its crap on the 767 but it seems to be much improved on the 777?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by LO 044
or Polish InterCity trains having scheduled stops at hay bale size towns of (now former) prime ministers.

Włoszczowa Północ? I must have read somewhere that the investment was well worth at the end (this was backed by some data, too). In any case, apologies for the OT.

G
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Personally, I think its all lovely. One of the advantages of spending a lot of time in Polska is that I can get the benefit of Mrs. May's "EU" cash. I don't think I ever benefitted from state aid as I much as I have in Poland, it just so happens to not be from Polish taxpayers and I am not Polish, but, that is the EU dream. The trains I use here are far better than in the UK, the regional airports are much better-Fast Track works so well. (The little lounge in RZE has a Nespresso making coffee much better than the LO machine in WAW .)
Have you visited SZZ yet? That might curtail your fondness for the regional airports.

The flight might be full of the cheapest fares but theres a hairs width between LO fares and those of LH group on PL-US (and you more substantial free catering). Only on the non-stops is it more expensive. And 2000zl is far more than you would pay from a more wealthy country like the UK for an advance purchase NYC fare. PL is not a particularly cheap country to fly from to the US, I know a number of Poles who take further ground or air transportation to take advantage of cheaper fares for long journeys. Cheapest fare on direct RZE-EWR seems to be 2180 PLN, its 2012 PLN if you fly via WAW. I'd say many would still fly from KRK with LH because the schedules are much better for the same price and enhanced frequency.

PL Premium fares are not cheap. 8910 PLN, RZE-NYC with LO, 8600 with LH. I understand pricing behind the non-stops but it's cheaper to fly via one of LH group hubs, FRA, MUC, VIE, ZRH and sit in a C cabin than "Dash" it to WAW. I am sure LO have some very good corporate deals because otherwise its just patriotism to fly with LO.
Don't underestimate the implacable desire of people who aren't frequent flyers to get that all-important non-stop routing, especially in Poland. While Brits are often used to connecting or positioning, to get to LHR or avoid it altogether, as well as going via the usual ME3 hubs for Asia/Australia, I find that in Poland people would sometimes rather lose a limb than take any extra flight, even when they're getting terrible value. I've gone blue in the face explaining the exact same things as you, but it almost never makes any impact on people who just want to get from A to B and back to A with as little fuss as possible. The fact that LO is now giving people far more options for non-stops makes them even less likely to change that mindset. LO understands this mindset very well, which is why it trumpets the new direct routes so loudly, even though the normally price-sensitive consumers could find better options elsewhere.

Imagine you can fly from GOT-SFO for a shy over 1200 PLN with LH in Y. There's nothing like that out of Poland.
Again, most people in PL aren't aware of things like how Scandinavian routings can price much cheaper, especially for Premium cabins. I recently told a friend who was looking for a good deal on PE flights to Asia to start by looking at options from ARN. He looked at me like I was crazy. It was like telling someone who is hoping to find a cut-price vacation that they should consider spending a week in downtown Zurich. Another friend just booked WAW-LAX, paying over 3K for a junk economy ticket and was put out when I told him the price he could have got for flying LH instead. What's worse is that he intends to credit it to UA but the LO flight will only give him 25% on that.

By the way, PS are starting KRK-KBP with a Barbie Jet. They have very good fares on NYC in C (4500 PLN), I know its crap on the 767 but it seems to be much improved on the 777?
PS and its routes are already well-known and appreciated among the Polish FF community (see https://www.fly4free.pl/forum/viewto...=191&p=1012755) but I'm not sure how much that translates to the average consumer.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:56 pm

Włoszczowa Północ? I must have read somewhere that the investment was well worth at the end (this was backed by some data, too). In any case, apologies for the OT.
G
Brzeszcze, Poland. The following story is in Polish only but maybe Google translator will work OK.
Wyborcza.pl

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Have you visited SZZ yet? That might curtail your fondness for the regional airports.
Don't underestimate the implacable desire of people who aren't frequent flyers to get that all-important non-stop routing, especially in Poland. While Brits are often used to connecting or positioning, to get to LHR or avoid it altogether, as well as going via the usual ME3 hubs for Asia/Australia, I find that in Poland people would sometimes rather lose a limb than take any extra flight, even when they're getting terrible value. I've gone blue in the face explaining the exact same things as you, but it almost never makes any impact on people who just want to get from A to B and back to A with as little fuss as possible.
From my experience it is completely opposite. A Polish person will fly to Germany and rent a car to drive to Poland. At that point they will overpay for the rental vehicle in general and more so for the few that don't know how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission.

Just look at Air Canada Rouge. They are increasing YYZ-WAW flights to daily in summer 2018. It's not that AC Rouge is cheaper but LO is stupidly expensive but in the end AC Rouge costs less than LO therefore more are flying AC Rouge with less comfort overall.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:11 pm

Brzeszcze, Poland.
Ha, I had not heard of it, I thought the Włoszczowa saga was a unique case

maybe Google translator will work OK.
I’m not Polish ale translator nie potrzebuje (w każdym razie dziękuję)

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.