FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LOT Polish new/cancelled/changed routes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1794782-lot-polish-new-cancelled-changed-routes.html)

pav Feb 1, 2017 7:31 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 27848909)
LOT just ordered 3 more dreamliners, this time the bigger 789 version, leased from ACG. They will join the fleet in 2018, starting service in the summer schedule.

Originally Posted by Lack (Post 27849057)
Big doings in Warsaw recently.
24 C spots, bump from 18 on the smaller dream. Same amount of PE seats, rest of the increase is in the back.
Flying to ORD/YYZ/JFK probably and opening up the smaller planes for additional frequency/routes to Asia.

Great news. I hope LOT lounches more routes to Asia from their little (and pax-friendly) hub in WAW.

What are the 'C spots' btw? Did you mean 'business class seats'?

Lack Feb 1, 2017 7:36 am

Yes, exactly.

SZX has been in the rumor mill for a while.

marcoos Feb 1, 2017 3:05 pm

LOT's flights from Warsaw to Zielona Góra (IEG) will resume in March, on a Q400. This route has been served by SprintAir for a while, LOT will replace them after they won the Lubuskie province tender.

A service to Astana (TSE) will start in the summer on a 737.

New flights to Kiev will commence later in February, to IEV, meaning that LOT will fly to both Kiev airports.

Seasonal services to Podgorica (TGD) and Pula (PUY) will start mid-May.

AlicorporateUK Feb 2, 2017 8:04 am

Originally Posted by marcoos (Post 27851424)
A service to Astana (TSE) will start in the summer on a 737

Just spotted the article on the magazine -

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/...psjxhecqsv.jpg

LO195 WAW-TSE 22:50-7:45+1 738 1-3-5-6
LO196 TSE-WAW 13:00-14:15 738 2-4-6-7

G

AlicorporateUK Feb 2, 2017 8:24 am

TSE is a great addition to the network (I've sent the above shot to some of the lads at our Warsaw office and they were all quite happy at the thought of not having to connect at FRA anymore, looking forward to the direct flight), TGD gives more choice in the Balkans, hoping that SJJ will also be considered at some point.

G

hugolover Feb 2, 2017 8:54 am

Great to see LO expand. They have a good product and they are improving.

I really hope they put a proper direct aisle config into the 787-9...Cirrus would be great.

ACG leasing? Does that mean the US government isn't backing the purchase this time?

jacosopot Feb 5, 2017 11:23 am

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1192309/

LOT Polish Airlines (LOT), the flag carrier of Poland, is set to resume direct flights between Warsaw and Bangkok after a 17-year hiatus, Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith says.

aster Feb 6, 2017 2:25 am

Originally Posted by pav (Post 27849206)
I hope LOT lounches more routes to Asia from their little (and pax-friendly) hub in WAW.

Is SIN on the cards at all? Especially once the new 789s arrive?

Would be useful, especially with SQ not even selling tix ex-WAW on their site even though it's supposed to be the *A family...

marcoos Feb 19, 2017 6:22 am

Accoring to various media and iaa.gov.il, LOT will introduce seasonal flights between Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion and Gdańsk, Wrocław, Poznań and Lublin. All flights expected to be on the 737-800s.

TLV-GDN/GDN-TLV once weekly (Saturdays)
TLV-WRO/WRO-TLV twice weekly (Tuesdays, Fridays)
POZ-TLV/TLV-POZ once weekly (Wednesdays)
LUZ-TLV/TLV-LUZ twice weekly (Mondays, Thursdays)

The WAW-TLV/TLV-WAW service is to be extended to 13 flights per week.

B747forever Sep 4, 2017 11:30 am

Does anyone know how WAW-LAX performs? There seems to be so much competition on Europe-LAX.

Fanjet Sep 8, 2017 5:17 pm

It looks like LOT will be flying to TXL (from WAW) starting in December. I am so glad because it was such a void in their network. I forgot, but did LOT fly to TXL last decade with ERJs? Or was that at SXF?

AlicorporateUK Sep 9, 2017 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 28794124)
I forgot, but did LOT fly to TXL last decade with ERJs? Or was that at SXF?

They initially operated WAW-SXF but then switched to TXL and abandoned the route altogether back in 2013.

G

TPJ Sep 9, 2017 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 28794124)
? Or was that at SXF?

During the DDR times :) They switched to TXL in 1992, if memory serves.

TPJ Sep 9, 2017 4:37 am

Originally Posted by B747forever (Post 28775273)
Does anyone know how WAW-LAX performs? There seems to be so much competition on Europe-LAX.

They released traffic and financial data for the first 7 months of 2017 - overall load factor was 78 % - up from 76% in 2016. There was no further load factor spli (e.g. by route) published.

PS. They are in black again.

Lack Oct 20, 2017 7:08 am

Sources are neither confirming nor denying MIA service.