Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge at Vienna Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Priority Pass let's you visit 4 lounges in VIE (Air Lounge, Jet Lounge, and the 2 Sky Lounges) but in your case the most viable option is the Air Lounge.

It is located right after passport control in Terminal 1 from where BA is flying (as a matter of fact BA uses it for it C pax too).

As said it is right after passport control but before security as the security check is done at the gate right before boarding.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Where is the Jet Lounge at VIE now?

It used to be before security (in the shopping area) at Terminal 1, but I think it has moved. I have seen a map with it located after the Schengen Area security, but is it on the same floor, or do you have to go up the escalator to the departure gates level?

I have an Aegean flight at the weekend. Many thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It's actually downstairs now, by the B gates. Temporary, I understand.
headingwest likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:08 am

It is after the security.
When you have gone through the security just head right and you will see it.
headingwest likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Looking for current info on whether there is an arrivals lounge in VIE for international arrivals (J tx and SA*) transiting to a European flight on Austrian.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Hi Bartolo,

there is no actual Arrivals Lounge but as you have an onward ticket with OS on the same day, Lounge Access criteria for OS Lounge will apply (seems you are in J). Both Schengen and non-Schengen OS Lounges available.
david
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by davidcito
Hi Bartolo,

there is no actual Arrivals Lounge but as you have an onward ticket with OS on the same day, Lounge Access criteria for OS Lounge will apply (seems you are in J). Both Schengen and non-Schengen OS Lounges available.
david
Thanks, David, very helpful as haven’t been to Vienna in years. I’m in J (revenue) and have *G status. Which of the lounges would you recommend? I’ve got just over 2 hours (if on time), would like a bit of food and a shower.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: M&M SEN
Hi Bartolo,

as Star Gold head to of OS‘s Senator Lounges. They‘ll provide what you need (food, shower) although not terribly exciting...
you can find them in the T3 Schengen and non-Schengen areas. In the rare case that your onward flight leaves from the D non-Schengen Gates in Terminal 1 there is a decent enough OS
Lounge after Passport Control (but before Security, which happens at each gate). Safe travels.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by davidcito
Hi Bartolo,

as Star Gold head to of OS‘s Senator Lounges. They‘ll provide what you need (food, shower) although not terribly exciting...
you can find them in the T3 Schengen and non-Schengen areas. In the rare case that your onward flight leaves from the D non-Schengen Gates in Terminal 1 there is a decent enough OS
Lounge after Passport Control (but before Security, which happens at each gate). Safe travels.
Bartolo, If you're transferring to a Schengen flight in T3, clear passport control, security and then use the Schengen Senator lounge; if to a non-Schengen flight from T3, then just clear security and use the non-Schengen Senator lounge.

If you're somehow departing from D, you would have to clear security in T3 to use the senator lounges and then again at the gate in D. But since you have two hours, I think it's worth it since transit security is usually pretty quick and the biz lounge in D is pretty dire in terms of food (though I don think they have one shower).
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Bartolo, If you're transferring to a Schengen flight in T3, clear passport control, security and then use the Schengen Senator lounge; if to a non-Schengen flight from T3, then just clear security and use the non-Schengen Senator lounge.

If you're somehow departing from D, you would have to clear security in T3 to use the senator lounges and then again at the gate in D. But since you have two hours, I think it's worth it since transit security is usually pretty quick and the biz lounge in D is pretty dire in terms of food (though I don think they have one shower).
Thanks so much for all the info and advice. Really helpful. Austrian tells me I will arrive and depart from T3. I vaguely recall them saying F but I will need to check my notes.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Bartolo

Thanks so much for all the info and advice. Really helpful. Austrian tells me I will arrive and depart from T3. I vaguely recall them saying F but I will need to check my notes.
Vienna T3 is like Munich--one building but different floors. Non-Schengen departures are on the top (third) floor which are G gates and Schengen departures are on the first floor which are F gates. Lounges are on the middle floor at the root of the terminal building. Non-Schengen gate and bus arrivals feed into the middle floor of the terminal for passport control. Schengen gate arrivals are directly onto the first floor (F) and Schengen tarmac/bus arrivals feed into F just at the root of the terminal. In any case, everything is clearly signposted.

Last edited by eefor jfp; Apr 11, 2019 at 8:15 am Reason: clarified arrivals vs. departures.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:52 pm

Best lounge for napping?

Hi,
I have a 4h 20m layover in VIE on a IAD-VIE-ARN itinerary. All flights in OS business class, *G status and a Priority pass card. Do you guys know if any of the lounges I can access are good for taking a nap? I have only been to one OS *G lounge in Vie before but I cant recall the furniture...
thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:39 pm

Slight tangent: there's also an OS F/HON lounge in VIE, right? Can anyone comment on the quality of it? Trying to decide if it's worth getting to the airport early to enjoy the lounge, as it would be for MUC or FRA...
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ
Slight tangent: there's also an OS F/HON lounge in VIE, right? Can anyone comment on the quality of it? Trying to decide if it's worth getting to the airport early to enjoy the lounge, as it would be for MUC or FRA...
Indeed, but compared to its northern neighbors it is rather small and underwhelming. It has a hot buffet and a pretty good drinks selection but nothing like the FCL restaurant service. They do drive you to the plane in case of a bus gate. If you have access, don’t get there earlier than necessary.

Also note that VIE has a dedicated F/HON C/I and security check.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by PerStockholm
Hi,
I have a 4h 20m layover in VIE on a IAD-VIE-ARN itinerary. All flights in OS business class, *G status and a Priority pass card. Do you guys know if any of the lounges I can access are good for taking a nap? I have only been to one OS *G lounge in Vie before but I cant recall the furniture...
thanks!
I'm pretty sure that the non-Schengen Senator lounge (*G) has a quiet room for lounging/sleeping. Don't remember if the Schengen lounge has one as well. pretty sure that the Priority pass lounge does not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.