Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH to take over 100% of SN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:12 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
So does it stay in Star?
That my precise worry. As I frequent Africa route, not been able to ear miles (and PQM) as star alliance carrier would be critical. If they leave star, I may need to defect to Delta/KLM.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
So does it stay in Star?
I would place a fairly substantial wage that it stays in Star Alliance......why would it leave?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:54 am

I think Lufthansa may have somewhat underestimated the resentment it may cause if they - as a German business that has a lot of symbolic association with the German nation - buy up the airlines of several neighboring countries of Germany. I think it was not seen as too difficult as long as they acted in the background, but if they start affecting the branding and customer-facing operations in a way that signifies any sort of taking away of national distinctions or increasing the "German factor" there could be problems. Belgium is a good test case because it's not exactly a country with a strong national identity and "Brussels Airlines" as a brand isn't very high value..and yet there was backlash.

If LH tried to mess with LOT, I'd imagine the German ambassador would be called in by the Polish foreign ministry to explain himself (and I don't think the explanation that LH is a private entity would do much to take the sting out of it).
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some insight into the future plans of EW/SN are revealed... https://press.brusselsairlines.com/n...urowings-group

It seems EW longhaul will move completely to SN (how the SXD A332 fit in there remains to be seen) and SN regional will move to E2/EW.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Frankly, this sounds awfully complicated - but let‘s see...
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: Various
It doesn't say* what will be painted on the aircraft. For a lot of people that will be important.

*unless one thinks a reference to "both airlines" is sufficient.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:33 pm

Except plane spotters, I cannot imagine anyone cares about the paint. Belgians are a pragmatic bunch with little to no emotional attachment to national or other symbols.

What matters is the impact on SN employees and customers and I assume they both lose, especially the employees and frequent fliers.

I hope the profitable Africa slots will be granted to another airline.
There is no need to reward the LH management for their condescending attitude.

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
It doesn't say* what will be painted on the aircraft. For a lot of people that will be important.

*unless one thinks a reference to "both airlines" is sufficient.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Van_Looy
Except plane spotters, I cannot imagine anyone cares about the paint. Belgians are a pragmatic bunch with little to no emotional attachment to national or other symbols.

What matters is the impact on SN employees and customers and I assume they both lose, especially the employees and frequent fliers.

I hope the profitable Africa slots will be granted to another airline.
There is no need to reward the LH management for their condescending attitude.
I guess the biggest questions are how much of former SN stays *A and whether the staff are forced to the not-so-great EW contracts.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:09 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
I was glancing through Airlines.net forum and apparently ch-aviation.com posted an article about EW/SN complete integration by 2020. I wonder if all of SN's African routes will be transferred to EW and if so what would happen to SN's *A membership. Will EW become part of *A or that it for getting *A Mileage/PQM under integrated EW/SN flights?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

As mentioned before it looks like SN will provide the operating platform for the EW lonhaul ops and the SN longhaul. SN as a brand will not go away, why should it. Neither will SN leave the *A. Shorthaul SN may be swallowed into the EW brand.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:55 am

Today the plans were changed. Now SN will stay standalone with a potential to become a network carrier like LX/OS after the turnaround. Curious if EW shorthaul will still take over SNs shorthaul ops.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Today the plans were changed. Now SN will stay standalone with a potential to become a network carrier like LX/OS after the turnaround. Curious if EW shorthaul will still take over SNs shorthaul ops.
Out of curiosity, if they take over the shorthaul ops...this'll affect the branding of SN for their longhaul...? i'd like more info.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If SN is to be a network carrier then you can't really hand over the short haul routes to Eurowings!

If it's standalone long haul ex BRU then it will struggle.
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
and if short-haul becomes like EW, then there will be a risk of no lounge access on cheapest tickets aka Check&Go
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:22 am

Last weeks saw some hectic activity in SN HQ... it seems the consultants have moved in and every thing is being analysed: https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2019/10...f-and-flights/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.