Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH to take over 100% of SN

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Even worse than before, of course. Every rebranding they have done is a disaster. The only one that was good was the old Sabena logo back before Swissair went bankrupt.
This is what failing airlines usually do, they rebrand themselves a couple of times before D-day in the hope of shaking off the curse of the impending insolvency.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: LH SEN
In an era of cost cutting and degraded service levels it's great to see an airline spending money on customer experience expensive brand consultants.
LufthansaFlyer and MichielR like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
OMG, I hope no one at the LH group paid anything for the SN rebrand. It looks like something which is the result of a primary school project so maybe it was a competition with something like lanyards for all as the prize.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by lhrpete
OMG, I hope no one at the LH group paid anything for the SN rebrand. It looks like something which is the result of a primary school project so maybe it was a competition with something like lanyards for all as the prize.
You can be sure that they paid a lot.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:08 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems SN is now to be fully integrated into the LHG universe, taking over the LHG activities for Africa too:

Also interesting is that they are the pilot for the new LH Group app. Took a look last night and the version live is rather rudimentray but I like the new booking engine.
given that Brussel now officially becomes the 4th Hub of LH Group does it mean they will also get a real First Class/HON Lounge like at the other Hub stations? Understand Brussels doesnt offer First Class but neither does Austrian
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by roc83
given that Brussel now officially becomes the 4th Hub of LH Group does it mean they will also get a real First Class/HON Lounge like at the other Hub stations? Understand Brussels doesnt offer First Class but neither does Austrian
I doubt it. Never saw more than five people in the HON section in the lounge and most of the time it was just one or two. That special section with some additional catering is probably deemed sufficient (by SN, not me...).. A HON section in the non-Schengen lounge might be an idea, if the infrastructure allows.
gryomosy likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by oliver2002

OO-SSO, an A319 is currently getting a paintjob in EMA and will be the launch of the branding this Thursday
Oh so that’s what it is… I’ll be in the hangar on Thursday evening; my daughter (FTL) received an invitation to the event more than a week before I did (HON). She didn’t miss the opportunity to tease me about it in the meantime
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:36 am

I'm surprised that our Polish friends have not yet pointed out the similarities with this logo...

Maybe SN should wait with repainting the rest of the fleet until the lawyers have sorted it out...
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
It would appear that the rebrand is not without problems. Not only does the plane seem to have caught chicken pox, Gazeta PL, a well established Polish News Agency has taken exception to their logo being copied.

https://paliparan.com/2021/11/18/bru...nes-logo-fail/

It also looks like a cheap version of Croatia Airlines.

Equally, the rebrand is external only so the interiors of the planes remain run down and miserable.
LufthansaFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: LH HON**
Dear me, that's bad. Looks like they just rotated the Gazeta logo. What's next (apart from another paint job)..?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:01 am

The SN brand team was recently caught on camera when they visited the TWA hotel at JFK for a brainstorm:

LufthansaFlyer, W1978 and lhrpete like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:17 am

It would appear that the rebrand is not without problems. Not only does the plane seem to have caught chicken pox, Gazeta PL, a well established Polish News Agency has taken exception to their logo being copied.

https://paliparan.com/2021/11/18/bru...nes-logo-fail/

It also looks like a cheap version of Croatia Airlines.

Equally, the rebrand is external only so the interiors of the planes remain run down and miserable.
from that article:

According to Brussels Airlines, this represents “the diversity of its customers, its destinations and its employees”.

Red dots represent all this? red dots usually indicate an STD or chicken pox.
​​​​​​​

are they stoned? Do they hear themselves? it’s what happens when you leave marketing to a bunch of intern stoners…..
W1978, lhrpete and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Even worse than before, of course. Every rebranding they have done is a disaster. The only one that was good was the old Sabena logo back before Swissair went bankrupt.
This is what failing airlines usually do, they rebrand themselves a couple of times before D-day in the hope of shaking off the curse of the impending insolvency.
Originally Posted by supine
In an era of cost cutting and degraded service levels it's great to see an airline spending money on customer experience expensive brand consultants.
Not like this disaster was not predicted

Indeed, they also screwed up the previous one, I remember that they had to add a 14th red dot because some superstitious travelers wouldn't fly on a 13-dot bus. Maybe Sabena would have been a safer choice, at least they knew what they'd get.
chris63 and lhrpete like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SN will be 100 years old in 2 years, they need to come up with something better.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
SN will be 100 years old in 2 years, they need to come up with something better.
Do you think they can come up with something better in two years?
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.