LH to take over 100% of SN

Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems there are talks of renationalisation of SN?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems there are talks of renationalisation of SN?
SN are not denying those rumors in a newspaper article, whereas they do deny being bankrupt. see here:

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/l...t-is-bankrupt/
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So their liabilities really don't exceed their assets? Hmmmmmmm. I'm very doubtful. If SN was flying right now, I would guess she would be flying on fumes.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:21 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the LH group would shed some "brands" after this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I've long thought that LH should just fold the weak brands (SN, OS) into mainline LH and be done with it. LX is much stronger and stable, it should survive. Eurowings should just be killed off unless they want it to compete with Condor but it has no real place.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Unfortunately the bilteral agreements for flights outside the EU require individual AOC and branding even though the company itself may be owned by an entity in another EU country. So IAG has IB/EI/BA etc.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
Nationalizing Brussels Airlines is an option being considered, as last resort if Lufthansa doesn't want to invest directly and can't agree on terms for the Belgian government to invest in Brussels Airlines in exchange for a stake in Brussels Airlines or Lufthansa - both on the table (though Lufthansa is opposed to the German government becoming a shareholder, so odds for Belgium are probably very low). Doesn't help the prospects for recovery that around the time Europe may start to see the end of the pandemic, the virus will have moved on to Africa, where most countries are really ill equipped to respond...
Old Apr 8, 2020, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if they might onshore the call centre's if the Belgian taxpayer bails out SN? Surely its the least they can do?

I just had a terribly difficult call with some rep in India who could barely understand me and vv, and the conclusion was they couldn't find my SN booking using tix # nor PNR for a flight a week ago... Just lovely.
Old May 12, 2020, 7:30 am

SN turnaround plan

While waiting for a bail-out, SN announced it will shrink to survive:
25% less staff.
25% fewer destinations (2 long haul / 18 short haul scrapped)
30% fewer aircrafts (incl. 2 long haul)

VTM News: 1000 Jobs to be axed at Brussels Airlines or aviation24.be: Deep cuts at Brussels Airlines
Old May 12, 2020, 10:32 am

It seems they are just preponing the cuts they had already worked out with the consultants last winter....? Sort of booking the cuts before the state aid kicks in preventing any job cuts....
Old May 12, 2020, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by fereke
While waiting for a bail-out, SN announced it will shrink to survive:
25% less staff.
25% fewer destinations (2 long haul / 18 short haul scrapped)
30% fewer aircrafts (incl. 2 long haul)

VTM News: 1000 Jobs to be axed at Brussels Airlines or aviation24.be: Deep cuts at Brussels Airlines
Do we know which destinations? Can't find a list anywhere.
Old May 16, 2020, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Do we know which destinations? Can't find a list anywhere.
De tijd newspaper mentions CKY Conakry and OUA Ouagadougou for the long-haul and the following for short/medium haul, many sunny destinations they were flying for Thomas Cook
  • ACE Lanzarote
  • BLL Billund
  • BRS Bristol
  • CHQ Chania
  • CIY Comiso
  • CLY Calvi
  • FNC Madeira
  • FSC Figari
  • HAJ Hannover
  • HRG Hurghada
  • JTR Santorini
  • KGS Kos
  • KRK Krakow
  • LED St. Petersburg
  • LEI Almeria
  • RAK Marrakesh
  • RHO Rhodes
  • SVO Moscow
  • SVQ Sevilla
  • VLC Valencia
  • VNO Vilnius
  • WAW Warsaw
  • ZAD Zadar
  • ZAG Zagreb
  • ZTH Zakyntos
They also mention new flights to FRA, MUC and ZRH which are only operated by LH and LX. Avoiding nightstops in BRU?

L'Echo mentions a carrot for the government bailout with new Airbus A321XLR and new flights to North America (BOS, EWR, MIA) and Africa (NBO Nairobi, JRO Kilimanjaro) in 2026 if EBIT reaches 8%...
Old May 16, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC Silver
The three new hubs are probably for their long-haul connections en business travel.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:44 am

Oh dear: https://www.lecho.be/entreprises/avi.../10234287.html
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:19 am

What would a bankruptcy mean for pending refunds?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.