Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

A32S fleet to have Inmarsat Global Xpress connectivity starting October 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN

All 180 A32S aircraft will get Boardconnect and in a new twist, internet access:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-inmarsat-deal
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
All 180 A32S aircraft will get Boardconnect and in a new twist, internet access:
An interesting pricing concept:

Pricing will depend on a passenger’s ticket fare, seating class and frequent-traveler status, Spohr said.
Presumably a HON with an Economy Light ticket will be charged more than a pleb with a similar ticket.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Confirmation in this LH press release.

Lufthansa launches internet connectivity on short- and medium-haul flights 27.06.16

In October of this year, the first Lufthansa short- and medium-haul aircraft will take off with broadband internet on board. Lufthansa's entire A320 family fleet is expected to have the innovative technology installed by mid-2018.
The first aircraft was equipped with the technology in June. In the coming weeks, the onboard system will be tested for functionality and stability. Lufthansa passengers will likely be able to use the new internet service from October. Other airlines in the Lufthansa Group will follow at a later date.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

D-AIZJ got the first version of the product installed this month and will be one of the launch aircraft.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:29 am

At least when I'm uncomfortable in my "Business Class" seat on a 4 hour flight I'll be able to surf!

All kidding/criticism aside, I'm all for having connectivity across the fleet. LH was an early (maybe even earliest) adopter of having it on transatlantic flights which is one of the reasons I chose and still choose to fly them. ^
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

The service starts Feb1: https://www.telekom.com/de/medien/me...-surfen-480670
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
As part of their Skytrax award celebration communication, LH is making a lot of fuss about shorthaul wifi. Has anybody experienced Flynet on the A320 fleet already?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:43 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by KIXJNB
As part of their Skytrax award celebration communication, LH is making a lot of fuss about shorthaul wifi. Has anybody experienced Flynet on the A320 fleet already?
Jein.

I was on a couple of flights where the plane was equipped with WiFi. I was able to connect to the network, seing flight info in the LH app, but the login (pay) site never opened. So far I didn't manage to get on the internet. Sample size: 3 flights.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Logged in to the new system using my ancient boingo account that I had from the US Amex Platinum card. The service worked very well... my son was busy streaming you tube nonsense and my korean mini TV was keeping me happy with work emails.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I find it works very well too.. shame I couldn't get it to work on iPass. I'll try Boingo via Amex as I have access to that too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.