Search

LH upgrade timing (with UA GPU)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:48 pm
ssh
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
LH upgrade timing (with UA GPU)

I am flying FRA-KWI-FRA on 19/22 Sep and have applied a United GPU for a *A upgrade on those legs. It looks like about half of C is blocked. When does LH typically open upgrades on flights like these? What do you think is the likelihood of clearing before T-24? Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
While I have no idea how likely this will be .... what do you mean with 'blocked' and why is T-24h important to you. Isn't the cut off T-10?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:25 am

The upgrade and travel awards are also not available to M&M blue members. So it will rest on the WL for a while.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
One month before departure the inventory is recalculated and WL cleared weekly, a week before departure the recalculation is daily.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ssh
I am flying FRA-KWI-FRA on 19/22 Sep and have applied a United GPU for a *A upgrade on those legs. It looks like about half of C is blocked. When does LH typically open upgrades on flights like these? What do you think is the likelihood of clearing before T-24? Thanks!
This is the UA forum thread on GPUs on LH http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...tronic-49.html
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:16 am
ssh
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by weero
While I have no idea how likely this will be .... what do you mean with 'blocked' and why is T-24h important to you. Isn't the cut off T-10?
I thought it was T-24, but that's for ANA. Thanks for catching that it's T-10! By "blocked", I mean seats showing "X" on ExpertFlyer.

Originally Posted by weero
The upgrade and travel awards are also not available to M&M blue members. So it will rest on the WL for a while.
So, I'm behind Blue members?

Originally Posted by oliver2002
One month before departure the inventory is recalculated and WL cleared weekly, a week before departure the recalculation is daily.
Excellent. Thank you. Is the day/time of recalculation known?

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
This is the UA forum thread on GPUs on LH http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...tronic-49.html
Thanks for the pointer!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by ssh
I.So, I'm behind Blue members?..
No there is no clear cut rule to this. With the paper certs, non-membrers with GPUs regularly did beat even FTLs and SENs with upgrades waitlisted as to the station manager a GPU is maybe 150 EUR but an upgraded SEN is nothing.

Now the electronic certs cut at -10h, so tampering with the WL will be a lot less rewarding....

Last edited by weero; Aug 27, 2016 at 11:40 pm Reason: terrible typos
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
LH seems to clear GPU before their own eVoucher - I have received upgrades to First on SIN-FRA where upgrades are quite hard to clear ahead of other SEN using LH instruments on the same flight.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
LH seems to clear GPU before their own eVoucher - I have received upgrades to First on SIN-FRA where upgrades are quite hard to clear ahead of other SEN using LH instruments on the same flight.
I lost against a traveling companion in my last 2 weeks as a SEN, WLed on eVouchers for 4+ months, while he booked 3 weeks out and used GPUs. He got the upgrade, I didn't.

To add insult to injury, we checked n together, I received my BP first with the "sorry F checked in completely full" and only then they handed him his F BP.

I won't waste status on LH anytime soon.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I'm also waiting for a GPU to clear. It looks like my flight has 7 seats blocked (out of 18 total). Any ideas why so many would be blocked? Or how likely they are to open up to clear upgrades? The flight is in one month, FRA to PTY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.