Wiki Posts
Search

Jordanian and FRA transit visa-Urgent help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Jordanian and FRA transit visa-Urgent help needed

Hello,

My nephew has the following itinerary; does he need a transit visa?

Columbus (CMH) – Washington, D.C. (IAD)
United 6251 · Economy Class · Embraer RJ-175
Operated by Mesa Airlines DBA United Express

10:10 pm – 12:10 pm+1
Washington, D.C. (IAD) – Frankfurt (FRA)
United 932 · Economy Class · Boeing 777

8:25 pm+1 – 1:35 am+2
Frankfurt (FRA) – Amman (AMM)
Lufthansa 692 · Economy Class · Airbus A321

2:35 am – 6:20 am
Amman (AMM) – Frankfurt (FRA)
Lufthansa 693 · Economy Class · Airbus A321

12:20 pm – 3:10 pm
Frankfurt (FRA) – Washington, D.C. (IAD)
United 988 · Economy Class · Boeing 777

5:30 pm – 6:56 pm
Washington, D.C. (IAD) – Columbus (CMH)
United 6177 · Economy Class · Canadair RJ 700
Operated by Mesa Airlines DBA United Express
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:51 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
What's his country of residence? US?
Does he have a Jordanian passport?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
what country of residence? Jordanian passport?

TIMATIC has this to say, assuming Jordanian passport, Jordanian resident and Jordanian citizen:

Transiting without a visa is possible for:
Nationals of Jordan holding onward tickets for a max. transit time of 12 hours **AND** meeting one of the following conditions:
[...]
A max. transit time of 12 hours through Frankfurt (FRA) or Munich (MUC) for nationals of Jordan.

So, no visum needed. His passport needs to be signed (the Germans really take that serious).

Last edited by bhomburg; Jul 20, 2016 at 11:59 pm
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
What's his country of residence? US?
Does he have a Jordanian passport?
He's an international student studying in Ohio. He's on a student visa. So I guess, he's residing in the U.S?

Edit: Yes he has a Jordanian passport.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
bhomburg has already replied but here's a webpage from the Germany Embassy in the US which confirms the information. As long as he does not leave the international transit area in Frankfurt he does not require a visa.

http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/u...sit__Visa.html

Nationals of the following countries are required to be in possession of an airport transit visa when passing through the international transit area of airports in Germany:

AFGHANISTAN, BANGLADESH, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO, ERITREA, ETHIOPIA, GHANA, INDIA, IRAN, IRAQ, JORDAN ** (please see below), LEBANON, MYANMAR, MALI, NIGERIA, PAKISTAN, SOMALIA, SRI LANKA, SUDAN, SOUTH SUDAN, SYRIA, TURKEY

** In addition, Jordanian citizens are exempt from an airport transit visa if they hold a valid visa for Australia, Israel or New Zealand, and hold a valid boarding pass or ticket for one of these countries. Jordanian citizens are also exempt if they, after a legal stay in one of the above mentioned countries, are travelling back to Jordan and are in possession of a valid boarding pass or ticket to Jordan. The connecting flight must be leaving within 12 hours after arriving in Germany from the same airport in whose transit section the traveller has been waiting.

Exceptions: Nationals from the above list are entitled to transit through the international transit zones without an airport transit visa:

1. If they hold a valid visa for the United States of America
2. If they return from the USA after having used the visa
3. If they hold one of the following residence permits:

• Form I-551 permanent resident card (valid for 2 to 10 years),
• Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (valid for 2 to 10 years),
• Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (no expiry date),
• Form I-327 Re-entry document (valid for two years — issued to holders of a I-551),
• Resident alien card (valid for 2 or 10 years or no expiry date. This document guarantees the holder’s return only if his stay outside the USA has not exceeded one year),
• Permit to re-enter (valid for two years. This document guarantees the holder’s return only if his stay outside the USA has not exceeded two years),
• Valid temporary residence stamp in a valid passport (valid for oneyear from the date of issue).
• Please note that the advance parole (I-512) and the approval notice (I-797) are not valid documents for visa free airport transit on your way back to the United States of America.

Special Advice:

When leaving the US while holding a valid US resident status (eg. Green Card, Visa), no Airport Transit Visa is required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.