Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will LH continue to serve CLT for much longer?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Will LH continue to serve CLT for much longer?

So yeah, basically above. Are the loads still ok now that US has been AA/OW for a good while?
It is weird how they still serve it (probably) just on O/D.
(But, as a CLT flyer, I like the extra tail and I'm pretty sure the city will do a lot $ wise to keep them here, especially as they want that new int'l terminal)
Regards-
A
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:04 pm

As long as BMW and Daimler have factories in South Carolina I think there will be enough premium traffic to keep the route going. Also I think that the area around Raleigh is quite important economically, and I'm sure a lot of German businesses profit from the direct connection on LH.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
CLT rever relied on the US hub to for traffic. There was a bit of Central Am/Caribe feed, which continues, as LH has agreements with AA out of DFW/MIA/CLT for onward feeder traffic.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: LH HON
I am a regular on that flight and it is always full in business, well booked in first... Hard to understand that it will lose F next year
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:36 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Wasn't CLT one of the most "declined" airports for passenger traffic in 2015 in USA for American Airlines after the takeover of US Airways? I believe Gary Leff had this in a View from the Wing post last week.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:55 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

AA emasculating the former US hub as part of the merger is fairly irrelevant to LHs operation there. Besides the automotive traffic mentioned above the Banking and industrial activity in that region can sustain a wide body a day. US never seriously had any widebody ops out of CLT.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
AA emasculating the former US hub as part of the merger is fairly irrelevant to LHs operation there. Besides the automotive traffic mentioned above the Banking and industrial activity in that region can sustain a wide body a day. US never seriously had any widebody ops out of CLT.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, they typically had a half dozen to a dozen widebody flights a day to Europe. But US was an airline that didn't have very many widebodies so it was proportional to their operation.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:20 pm

CLT always struck me as a route for which a few corporate customers pay and everything else is just the icing on the cake..
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A minority of passengers on this flight is MUC-CLT traffic - the rest is connecting from the LH/LX MUC network. BOM is a big contributor.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K
In addition to the business sense in it, why WOULDN'T LH serve CLT when they serve ATL, DTW, and DEN? If there's good business sense, an airline will serve it. There is also a large German ex-pat population here, in addition to the banking and automotive industries.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
AA emasculating the former US hub as part of the merger is fairly irrelevant to LHs operation there.
I figured this may have even helped LH a little bit because most of the LUS routes cut from CLT were international. Right?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:33 am

It seems AA will stop flying PHL-MUC next summer and switch the A332 service to CLT. Of course AA wants to use the flight to fill its hub for onward traffic, but this will bring competition to LH on the BMW/Auto flight to CLT...
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:46 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
I've always been under the impression that the LH CLT flight was very much oriented from the German point-of-sale. I would find it hard to believe that German companies operating in the Metrolina area would suddenly switch their corporate contracts from LH to AA, especially when LH offers a superior product.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:50 pm

The BoA related crowd will probably also not terminate in MUC...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:46 am

Lufthansa Charlotte-Munich

Hi. Economy flying clt-munich. What kind of earphones should i bring? Is there a blanket and pillow? Any comments about entertainment or food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.