FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Will LH continue to serve CLT for much longer? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1773233-will-lh-continue-serve-clt-much-longer.html)

klbak2009 Feb 22, 2019 10:51 am

And what kind of headphone plug

what kind of headphone plug is used? round or lightening?

8420PR Feb 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Headphone plug is 3.5mm. I always bring my own headphones as the crew will collect the LH headphones before landing, which is sometimes annoying when close to the end of a film.

You'll get a pillow and blanket.

I find LH one of the best economy products between Europe and US. Yes, it's still economy and of course nothing special, however there are little touches like full drinks round before the meal and baileys with coffee, combined with an efficient and consistent service.

c5ruzr Mar 29, 2019 3:46 pm

MUC - CLT on the A350 Debut: What's the market?

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/luft...lotte-flights/

I'm surprised to see/hear Lufthansa is able to defend the Charlotte route after 15 years. It made sense when they had US Airways as a Star Alliance partner, but CLT is not a notoriously high O/D market and CLT is very much One World territory now. Anyone have any insight into the loads and/or theories as to how the Lufthansa group can support a daily route to CLT?

ajeleonard Mar 29, 2019 3:53 pm

BMW plant in Greenville, and other German businesses around Charlotte

UAPremExecflyer Mar 29, 2019 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by c5ruzr (Post 30944201)
https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/luft...lotte-flights/

I'm surprised to see/hear Lufthansa is able to defend the Charlotte route after 15 years. It made sense when they had US Airways as a Star Alliance partner, but CLT is not a notoriously high O/D market and CLT is very much One World territory now. Anyone have any insight into the loads and/or theories as to how the Lufthansa group can support a daily route to CLT?

Try BMW (building X3, X4, X5, X6 and X7), Mercedes with plants in South Carolina, plus the high-tech "triangle" around Raleigh-Durham https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...ch-longer.html

oliver2002 Mar 29, 2019 4:20 pm

AA is attacking LH heavily on the rates from US to southern Germany on CLT-MUC. LH is more interested in the CLT-MUC-XXX traffic it gets out of the CLT area. Curious how the new head to head competition that starts next week will pan out in the coming months.

Last year LH had a load factor of 79.3% to CLT as per Destatis. AA to PHL was 75.6% .

Redhat72 Apr 30, 2019 6:34 am

Anyone knows which lounge is used for J class passengers at CLT?

cas_de Apr 30, 2019 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Redhat72 (Post 31051934)
Anyone knows which lounge is used for J class passengers at CLT?

according to the LH website snack vouchers will be issued at check in. No lounge is listed right now.

Redhat72 Apr 30, 2019 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by cas_de (Post 31052221)
according to the LH website snack vouchers will be issued at check in. No lounge is listed right now.

Thanks. It did not work for me when I entered my status. But looks like it only works if you enter the class of travel.
I looked at the CLT airport map and there is only an American Airlines Admiral lounge.

AAguy1979 Apr 30, 2019 6:42 pm

I recently took advantage of a ridiculously low AA intro fare ($325) to fly r/t from ORD-MUC via the new CLT flight and I can't imagine LH giving this route to American. Being based in Chicago, LH is my preferred airline to get to Europe and my recent AA flights were a huge disappointment. It seemed like most of the cabin crew were recruited from a North Carolina trailer park - poorly spoken, unprofessional, unfamiliar with the service/cadence of an international flight, and woefully unable to speak more than just a few words of German to those who needed assistance. The poor timing of AA's flights into/returning from Munich as well as the need to land/disembark from a remote stand further illustrates Lufthansa's dominance on this route. I'm sure the connecting passengers when US was a Star Alliance carrier were an added bonus but I can't see Germany-based business travelers EVER choosing AA and ditching LH on this route.

oliver2002 May 1, 2019 2:34 am

AA in MUC always had the outside stand together with DL in T1. The reason for this is not LH's power but the result of an audit by the US authorities. CLT is a hub of AA just like PHL, so the power of AA will be to draw in pax thru its network and deliver them to Munich, just like with the PHL service before (which had abysmal load factors due to other reasons). LH can only focus on the CLT area pax and offer them its network ex MUC.The pure CLT-MUC traffic is probably only a third of the business.

Redhat72 May 4, 2019 11:12 pm

So I was given a $15 food voucher by LH because there is no lounge option at CLT. Also noticed that there was no separate priority line for business class passengers. I asked two agents and both told me to use the common entry, which took close to 30 minutes to get security done.

goodeats21 Sep 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Flying EWR->CLT->MUC this weekend in J.

Is the "no lounge access" situation at CLT still accurate?
Since I will not be checking in at CLT, I guess any vouchers would not be available air-side?

Appreciate any insight.

goodeats21 Sep 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 31531405)
Flying EWR->CLT->MUC this weekend in J.

Is the "no lounge access" situation at CLT still accurate?
Since I will not be checking in at CLT, I guess any vouchers would not be available air-side?

Appreciate any insight.

Bumping this as I fly out tomorrow.
Any update on lounge situation at CLT when connecting from another flight?

**EDIT - Disregard the request. I just switched out the flight for a better itinerary, so not routing through CLT anymore.