Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan worse than others for mileage accumulation/usage?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Aeroplan worse than others for mileage accumulation/usage?

This is for economy class...

I just realized today that AC sometimes give 0% mileage for codeshare flights in certain classes (K & L in Brussels Airlines, K in Lufthansa, etc.). And of course, some of the economy only gets 50%. Is this common practice? Is it the same with Miles & More or other mileage programs?

Also, every time I want to book an AC flight with my mileage points, I have to pay almost the same amount as I would buying a ticket without points in taxes and fees. Is that also normal for other mileage programs?

I'm considering using my Aeroplan miles one last time and switching allegiances if it makes sense for me. I fly out of Toronto, usually twice a year to Western/Southern Europe and two or three times a year in North America/Caribbean. Especially with the increasing usage of AC Rouge, I don't mind ditching AC altogether, even if it means having an extra stop in my itinerary.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Isn't this the wrong forum to post the above comments
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Maybe. I was comparing Aeroplan mainly to M&M, but perhaps I should've posted it in Aeroplan.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You should read the Aeroplan guidelines, then you'll know what credit you are getting for what tickets and fares. Aeroplan has a number of partners where no (or minimal) surcharges are payable, including, for example, UA.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This thread has been cross-posted in the Aeroplan forum. As cross-posting is not allowed on FT this thread has been closed. If you are interested in the topic, please follow this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post26507089

Have a nice day

totti
Moderator M&M forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.