Search

ExpertFlyer Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M
ExpertFlyer Question

Hi all,

I am new to ExpertFlyer and I just try to understand a few flights how they relate to what is shown on ITA Matrix and on the Swiss website itself.

Specifically I am looking for LX 1266, ZRH-CPH, departing on 08/11/16 7:10. Return will be one week later.

On that departing flight, expertflyer shows available classes
J9 C9 D9 Z9 P2 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 E9 L9 K0

For the return flight, e.g. LX 1273 has the same availability.

The fares show me
Fare Basis KLGT0D (Booking Class K) CHF 108.00
Fare Basis LLGT0D (Booking Class L) CHF 130.00

So I suppose that the ticket will cost 130 Fr. + charges.

If I then search on Swiss website, it finds that fight, operated by Swiss, with Booking Classes K for both. Price: 108 Fr. + charges. So I would suppose that probably availability for booking class K is not published, but then I search at ITA Matrix.

And it finds me again a flight, booking class K, for 108 Fr. + charges (difference to Swiss website is 16 Fr, because they have a "LX YR surcharge, which is not mentionned on Swiss website).
ZRH LX CPH 54.04KLGT0D LX ZRH 54.04KLGT0D NUC 108.08 END ROE 0.99914 XT 36.40CH 26.50ZO 10.00YQ 16.00YR

So why does ITA matrix finds availabilities on that flight, but experflyer does not? Am I looking at the wrong place?

What I should probably add is that this is not some caching issue. I have already checked that flight a few days while nothing changed.

Best,
overseas
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:18 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It is due to POS (Point Of Sale). ExpertFlyer shows only US and UK POS, defaulting to US.

I checked that flight and for a US POS it shows K0 but UK POS it shows K9.

ITA Matrix will use the departure country POS by default (CH), as I assume the Swiss website does.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for that prompt answer! So another variable I need to consider.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
You can select the POS in ITA matrix when you do a search
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: LH FTL
I was wondering about different availability on flyertalk and aua.com too..
For example when i look for availability for C class VIE-EWR on 4/28
expertflyer shows J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9
on aua.com when i search for this flight i see that only Z and higher classes are available (based on the price and mileage earnings) .. both times i search for return flights..
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:20 am
Original Poster

I think the reason you don't see the P classes is that in the fare rules you find

CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT
LEAST 28 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
So P class is no more applicable for that date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.