Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a Turkish Airlines ticket with Miles & More

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 2:56 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by alexmaron
Many thanks all for your help. I've tried to contact M&M but after 15mins listenning to their music I gave up. I do see the "Go to see reservation" button on M&M webpage, but when I click on it I get an error message (I've tried dozens of time already..!). I guess I'll have to wait until OLCI...
Did you make this booking very recently? if yes, then it's "normal".... I had this issue too, for the first 2 or 3 days after the booking, sometimes, it only showed me one booking and the second one said "sorry, we can't retrieve details for this booking" which was a bit worrying.... Give it a try again in a couple of days.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: Miles&More
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Did you make this booking very recently? if yes, then it's "normal".... I had this issue too, for the first 2 or 3 days after the booking, sometimes, it only showed me one booking and the second one said "sorry, we can't retrieve details for this booking" which was a bit worrying.... Give it a try again in a couple of days.
I made the booking on Sunday indeed - will give another try in a couple of days/weeks!
Old May 18, 2022, 5:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you call TK they should be able to find the reservation in their system based on name, flight number, date etc. They can tell you the sabre/TK booking code. Sadly that won't help you much to do any self service on tk.com, but they could assign you seating in the call.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: Miles&More
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you call TK they should be able to find the reservation in their system based on name, flight number, date etc. They can tell you the sabre/TK booking code. Sadly that won't help you much to do any self service on tk.com, but they could assign you seating in the call.
Hi Oliver2002,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I called TK, an agent picked up within 2mins and he took the time to extract the TK booking code for both me and my dad (I made a separate reservation for my dad as he's flying out of a different city). Now onto the seat selection
enelym1978 and IsleSeat like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Finding Record Locator on Code Share Flights

I had booked an award ticket with LH Miles and More and some parts of the return journey are on TK (Turkish). The reservation system online for seats on LH does not let me decide for the TK flights.
I would do so at the TK website, if I could only find the the PNR for TK, all it gives is the LH ticket number (220...) and record locator for the LH portions. Ideally, I would like the code without calling anyone. Any ideas?
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Once you find out the TK PNR (from calling TK and answering all their questions as you describe), it is then possible to select seats using the Turkish Airlines app.

The app did throw up some error messages from time to time, but I selected seats and these now indeed show up when viewing the booking on the M+M website.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by kkong42
Once you find out the TK PNR (from calling TK and answering all their questions as you describe), it is then possible to select seats using the Turkish Airlines app.

The app did throw up some error messages from time to time, but I selected seats and these now indeed show up when viewing the booking on the M+M website.
To add on, if the award ticket is in Economy, seat selection would be not complimentary and payment issues might arise at the TK app in these cases where a phone call to TK might be required.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I recently redeemed miles for a two one way flights on AnadoluJet (SAW-BGY) and was very happy about it. Saved me €800.. AnadoluJet may be a subsidiary of Turkish Airlines but service in the economy class only cabin was pretty spartan, just a small sandwich, bottle of water and cup of orange juice. That's it, absolutely nothing else, no BoB.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:27 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IsleSeat
I had booked an award ticket with LH Miles and More and some parts of the return journey are on TK (Turkish). The reservation system online for seats on LH does not let me decide for the TK flights.
I would do so at the TK website, if I could only find the the PNR for TK, all it gives is the LH ticket number (220...) and record locator for the LH portions. Ideally, I would like the code without calling anyone. Any ideas?
I answered this query in another thread in this forum, think the M&M Redemption Help thread. I had a full itinerary on TK redeemed online via M&M and I just called LH M&M and asked for the TK PNR Reference which the agent had. That allowed me to access my booking and select seats via the TK app. TK website will not work, it'll complain about the channel (of the booking, not TK basically).
enelym1978 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:52 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by demue
I answered this query in another thread in this forum, think the M&M Redemption Help thread. I had a full itinerary on TK redeemed online via M&M and I just called LH M&M and asked for the TK PNR Reference which the agent had. That allowed me to access my booking and select seats via the TK app. TK website will not work, it'll complain about the channel (of the booking, not TK basically).
Perfect timing for this tip. I just did that and it worked perfectly. The M&M site only works once every XX trials when it comes to selecting seats or seeing the seat map for TK flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.