Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to sit on the Boeing 747-400 [merged B744 experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Sorry guys, wrong flight number. I'm talking about LH470, not the codeshare. You're right AC doesn't have 744s.

So does this mean this has the new business product? Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:21 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JCFans
Sorry guys, wrong flight number. I'm talking about LH470, not the codeshare. You're right AC doesn't have 744s.

So does this mean this has the new business product? Thanks.
As confirmed by klausa already all LH longhaul aircraft now have new Business seats.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...outes-etc.html
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Thanks, everyone. Great help!

Now I just hope my feet won't touch the person next to me's feet as the divider is REALLY thin haha.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:29 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JCFans
Now I just hope my feet won't touch the person next to me's feet as the divider is REALLY thin haha.
They won't unless you choose one of the middle seats (E or G) on the main deck.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
B 747-4 business class

Flying FRA-BOM on 747-4 in mid-April. Researched online and seems these aircrafts don't feature new business class - is that the case? If so, are the seats fully flat or angled?

What else can I expect? Does Lufthansa offer PJs and amenity kit?

Thanks
-R
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:11 am

All LH fleet has lie-flat seats in J. Seatguru is inaccurate.

No PJs and yes amenity kit.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: KL Platinum, LX Senator, BA Bronze
I flew LH491 (SEA-FRA) in December.

As mentioned elsewhere, LH has implemented its new C product on the entire fleet, including on the 744 I flew on. Unusually for myself, I chose to sit in 4D because I wanted to test out the weird solitary seat. While it is nice not to have people climb over you during the night, you are flanked by the aisles, which makes for an rather noisy flying experience (as people walk through the curtains either side of you).

I would otherwise have chosen to sit on the upper deck (indeed, I usually do because I find it to be quieter), but I had some rather unwieldy luggage which I knew would simply not fit in the tiny overhead bins.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 3:52 pm

Which C seat on 747?

My flight next Wednesday SEA-FRA is showing a lot of unassigned seats. My top priority is choosing a seat with the best odds of having no neighbor. Of course, I think it would be really cool to be on the top deck. I've also read that the top deck might run even hotter than than the already hot lower deck, making it rough for sleeping.

The main deck shows 19/45 seats assigned and upper deck shows 6/22 assigned. Is it normal to show so few seats assigned? Are they likely to fill over the last few days?

Any recommendations for which section to choose that'll give me the best chance for no neighbor? I'm even willing to take a center section aisle if it'll really increase my odds.

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:57 pm

This post (and the entire thread) might be relevant:

New/upgraded business seats LH Lufthansa [merged experience reports] #201

Last edited by SadKingBilly; Mar 5, 2016 at 6:04 pm
Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by ccqueenanne
My flight next Wednesday SEA-FRA is showing a lot of unassigned seats. My top priority is choosing a seat with the best odds of having no neighbor. Of course, I think it would be really cool to be on the top deck. I've also read that the top deck might run even hotter than than the already hot lower deck, making it rough for sleeping.

The main deck shows 19/45 seats assigned and upper deck shows 6/22 assigned. Is it normal to show so few seats assigned? Are they likely to fill over the last few days?

Any recommendations for which section to choose that'll give me the best chance for no neighbor? I'm even willing to take a center section aisle if it'll really increase my odds.

Thanks!
Having flown the 747-8, and toured around the cabin, I much prefer the lower deck middle section aisle seats (non-window). The footrest area is wider (*big difference if you are tall) and there is more armrest room / table between the seats. Also direct access to aisle, no-one jumping over you at night guaranteed. The upper deck also has more air whooshing noise.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:07 pm

Lufthansa 747-400 V2 Seat 29A

I was on the booking my trip FRA to IAD and the seat they were offering was 29A. The Booking agent indicated that this seat offered more leg room but seat guru indicates that the seat is in front of the bulkhead and has restricted leg room. Can anyone confirm who is right? BTW Lufthansa wants an extra $100.00 for this seat is it worth it.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Well if LH is asking extra money for it, then it's pretty obvious who's right And SeatGuru is notoriously bad when it comes to LH.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
I have never been that far back on on a newly configured 744 , but from the seating chart on the LH website, Row 29 appears to be directly behind Premium Economy. If the configuration is similar to the 748, there is a lot more leg room in the first row of Y behind Y+, plus you may get a larger IFE screen on the back of the Premium Economy seat in front of you.

The "bulkhead" is a small screen that hangs from the ceiling to about eye level that is intended to optically signal a cabin demarcation between Y and Y+, but it has zero impact on leg room.

If you value more legroom, it might be worth the price for a 7-ish hour flight. I will see if I can find a picture from the Economy Plus press flight a while back, which was on a 748.

Edit: here is a picture of the first row behind Economy Plus on a 748 configuration.The screen above is the "bulkhead" (so much for genius of seat guru):

Last edited by N1003U; Mar 22, 2016 at 5:37 am Reason: Add photo
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:25 am

thanks for the help....
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:05 pm

Anyone with any experience in Premium Economy on the 744 (LH)? Any pros/cons of the different rows (24-27)? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.