Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access with infant

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Lounge access with infant

Hello,

I'll be flying soon (with my wife and 9 months old infant) and have a layover in ZRH or FRA of a few hours.

I'll be flying economy, but I'm a LH Senator. This is my first time flying with a baby, so I was wondering, will all of us be able to enter the lounge? I know there is a policy of 1 guest, but was wondering if 1 guest + infant would be OK.

Thanks,
Joe
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jjoe123
Hello,

I'll be flying soon (with my wife and 9 months old infant) and have a layover in ZRH or FRA of a few hours.

I'll be flying economy, but I'm a LH Senator. This is my first time flying with a baby, so I was wondering, will all of us be able to enter the lounge? I know there is a policy of 1 guest, but was wondering if 1 guest + infant would be OK.

Thanks,
Joe
No problem. Both LH and LX allow a SEN to bring one guest plus children under the age of 18 into the lounges they operate.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Great

That's great.

Thanks for the quick response.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

A follow up question - does this also apply to partner lounges? In SFO and TLV I'll be using parter lounges (United in SFO, and Dan lounge in TLV). As a Senator (*A gold) I'm entitled to one companion - is my wife + infant count as one?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Infants don't count as extra guests. Once they turn 2 and have their own seats the immediate family rule comes into play.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:54 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Infants don't count as extra guests. Once they turn 2 and have their own seats the immediate family rule comes into play.
Reviving this old thread...

Travelling with Mrs. cas_de and cas_de jr. (CHD) GLA-MUC next month. Based upon the rules published on LH.COM I guess we will be out of luck trying to access the 3rd party lounge in GLA as SEN with two guests? Maybe someone has some real-life experience how strictly this rule is applied.

Thx,
cas_de
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My rule of thumb is always what the priority pass system shows for a contract lounge. In GLA it says:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...e-e4d92020530e

Conditions

Maximum 3 hour stay (prior to scheduled flight departure time only) - Access may be restricted due to space constraints - Children under 2 years are admitted free - Alcoholic drinks are limited to four per adult - Smart casual dress at all times.
This indicates that they are not so flexible. Some lounges say that kids under 12 are admitted for free...
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: LX SEN
here are the LH rules for lounge access: https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...en&cid=1000390

and for LX: https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/fly/airport/companion-rules
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:43 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by cas_de
Reviving this old thread...

Travelling with Mrs. cas_de and cas_de jr. (CHD) GLA-MUC next month. Based upon the rules published on LH.COM I guess we will be out of luck trying to access the 3rd party lounge in GLA as SEN with two guests? Maybe someone has some real-life experience how strictly this rule is applied.

Thx,
cas_de
I just was in the Aspire Contract Lounge in EDI a few days ago and have been told it is quite similar to the one in GLA. Long story short: I ended up spending my time outside of the lounge in a café after checking it out. When I passed it (mere minutes after I left it) it had a funny sign in front of it saying that due to limitations no more guests would be allowed in and quite a crowd arguing with the staff. Hilarious. You will not be missing much.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:08 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I just was in the Aspire Contract Lounge in EDI a few days ago and have been told it is quite similar to the one in GLA. Long story short: I ended up spending my time outside of the lounge in a café after checking it out. When I passed it (mere minutes after I left it) it had a funny sign in front of it saying that due to limitations no more guests would be allowed in and quite a crowd arguing with the staff. Hilarious. You will not be missing much.
Thanks - I do realize that you can't compare these lounges with a proper SEN Lounge, but still - travelling with a 3 yr old, a lounge is a convenient place to get a snack, water or have a place to sit down (especially if things go wrong during IROPS). I won't budget any extra time into our drive to GLA based on the feedback here. Thanks again Nick and Oliver!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.