Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about using LH miles to book United flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Questions about using LH miles to book United flights?

Im interested in booking a United RT flight next year from EWR-KOA, with an LAX stopover. I know it can be done with United miles, but how does it work with LH? What about a one way flight EWR-KOA with a stopover - is that possible with either LH? Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:01 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No stopovers allowed on one way awards, just a transfer for <24h.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But even if booked as a round trip on a so-called domestic flight, despite the distance involved, is a stopover permitted? They're not on European award tickets.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
But even if booked as a round trip on a so-called domestic flight, despite the distance involved, is a stopover permitted? They're not on European award tickets.
If it's a same zone award then no stopover allowed. In the EWR-KOA scenario, even though they're domestic, they're still two zones so stopover would be allowed.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh excellent, that's good to know. I thought it was something similar to Air France's FB programme which does not allow stopovers within the country of origin. So in that case it would mean, leaving Nice in France no stopover in Paris permitted, while leaving Los Angeles in the USA no stopover would be allowed in New York. Yes, once outside the country of origin. The trouble with M&M is, for me, that they seem to make up weird unheard of rules the moment you try to do something remotely exotic, like asking for a stopover.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:04 am

You may be right, I think there was something akin to that rule with M&M (no stopover in zone of origin) but I'm not sure.

All the restrictive region/routing rules aside, M&M is quite generous on the stopover front by allowing two on the more vanilla awards at least.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It allows two? I did not know that, having always thought that one stopover was permitted per round trip ticket, either on the outbound or on the inbound. Are you counting the point of destination (whether or not that is an open jaw) as a stopover?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:49 am

It does allow two. But you're limited by the maximum segment count (depends how many zones are you crossing) so it's usually at hub cities.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The full rules in German are here: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/miles...e-fluegen.html
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: KL Platinum, LX Senator, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by oliver2002

Rules in English (for the non Germanically inclined) are : here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.