Search

LOT upgrade pricing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jackebofh
Qualifying booking classes are as follows:

P, A, R (premium eco)
Y, B, M, E, H, K, Q, T, S, V, W, L, U (eco)

The big missing one is the low economy class O (OSIMPL) class - that's the one without checked bags for non-status flyers.
Not sure if this was talked about before, but does anyone know if the booking class changes too? Or is the upgrade only the class of service upgrade without changing the booking class?

And if the booking class does change, which one do they rebook us into?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the best deal for Y-C on WAW-BRU? Flight is wide open according to EF with 2 seats assigned in Y.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
New data point
PEK-WAW (min: 800 PLN max: 4000 PLN) from PE to C
Bid 1400 PLN (~335 EUR) was accepted T-72 hours (from expertflyer it was a quite empty load in C-class - C9 D9 Z7 right before the cutoff point)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
WAW-PEK from Y+ to C
Bid: 1380 PLN (accepted at 72 hours before departure)
Bid strength: Lowest
Bid range: 800 PLN - 4200 PLN
72+ hours before departure: D9 C9 Z1

P.S. when crediting to other *A programs (i.e. OZ) you will get the miles for Z-class rather than originally booked class
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Bobdh13

P.S. when crediting to other *A programs (i.e. OZ) you will get the miles for Z-class rather than originally booked class
The two times my bids were accepted, I got Z miles credited to Miles and More. Which is not what the rules say, but I didn’t mind LOT giving me free miles.

That was in 2015, though, so YMMV.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Question LOT upgrade

If I book into likely X (redeem LO Y- from UA) JFK-BUD & BUD-JFK, does the 016* eTicket # mean it fails LOT Upgrade conditions thus I must cash buy the LOT Eco for a 080* eTicket #? I think obviously yes, but have to check fully.

I've a <2 yr old as lap infant, but since LOT Upgrade conditions require no <2yr olds on the reservations, can I ignore the lap infant until post-booking so I can get the LO Upgrade?

If I buy a 080* eTicket #, do I bid to Y+ and to C or only to 1? I can see LO blocking X from LOT Upgrade like they block any Y+ visibility/redemptions outside their own M&M.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:45 am

I am weighting the options of upgrade from Y to Y+ on a WAW→LAX flight against the outright purchase of a PE ticket. The difference in price at the moment is $450, what in your opinion will be a "safe" upgrade bet?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Figured I would add to this thread. I'm flying YYZ-WAW today in Y+ Called to see if they had any LMU options. They claim they have fixed pricing same day upgrades for $800 CAD on this route (from PE --> C). I may have done it for under $500 but seems like high for me at that price. The agent claims that the price won't change even at the airport -- but I'll still ask anyway just to see.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
online upgrades tend to be much cheaper compare to fixed prices at the airport. its similar with LH group and many Star alliance members. Tell us your experience once you go to the airport but i believe it will not change.in my recent flight with AC the upgrade bid from Y to C started at 1200 cad and at the airport was 2000...
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Figured I would add to this thread. I'm flying YYZ-WAW today in Y+ Called to see if they had any LMU options. They claim they have fixed pricing same day upgrades for $800 CAD on this route (from PE --> C). I may have done it for under $500 but seems like high for me at that price. The agent claims that the price won't change even at the airport -- but I'll still ask anyway just to see.
In a shocking twist - I got to the gate and asked about an upgrade again. The $800 price seems to be totally fixed no matter when you ask on the day of departure. BUT I think they had oversold Y+ because after telling me the $800 and me saying “no” she took my ticket and said that today was my lucky day - and upgraded me to C for no charge.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: LH FTL, QR Gold, EK Silver, Etihad Silver
Talking

In a shocking twist - I got to the gate and asked about an upgrade again. The $800 price seems to be totally fixed no matter when you ask on the day of departure. BUT I think they had oversold Y+ because after telling me the $800 and me saying “no” she took my ticket and said that today was my lucky day - and upgraded me to C for no charge.
I had exactly the same situation at Austrian Airlines with a friend of mine (Y --> C, just because of asking) :-D
Sam_AE likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Can I bid for an upgrade for a ( PE -> J ) upgrade on MMB on the LOT website ( similar to LH ), or should I need to wait for a mail to be sent?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:38 pm

Did you per chance enquire how much the Y->Y+ upgrades are?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Anyone knows how much would be an upgrade PE => J on WAW-ORD and on the return?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:40 am

As another data point -- flew WAW - YYZ in Y+. I booked the flight relatively last minute such that when I attempted to book a seat for the return segment, all the Y+ seats were selected. I suspect they were hoping to sell some upgrades or see some no shows prior to travel. My concern was that they would find someone and that person would be in the Y+ middle seats (barf!). In any event, I ebid $480CDN (the minimum allowed was $475) for the segment and at t-72 hours received the confirmation email. At the gate, I could hear they were selling the same upgrade for ~$750 CDN.

One more point -- at least when crediting the miles to AC, the upgraded flight is coded to fare class "Z" and does *not* post (as others have seen with other *A airlines) the fare bonus The only saving grace to this was that the miles literally posted overnight (I landed last night at 8:20pm -- miles were in my Aeroplan account the following morning)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.