Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by chris63
As HON you would even more
I don’t know what you are talking about...
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by JohnRain

Thanks for the tip Michiel. I love unnecessary detours through MUC, ZRH & FRA...
There is a reason I left FRA off my list. I’d suggest to avoid FRA (unless in F) until you’ve reached HON.😀
chris63 and JohnRain like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Might book a flight BRU-FRA-XXX RT in First class for the first experience with LH F. However, upon returning from the trip, arriving in Frankfurt, I will have an intra-European flight to BRU in business class. Am I allowed to use the FCL/FCT?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:43 pm

You can use the FCL as an arriving passenger in F. You can only use the FCT if your onward flight is booked on the same ticket as the arrival in F.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:21 pm

Hi all, newbie question!

I am about to book 6 flights through Cathay. However, two flights will be carried out by Air NZ and Air Canada. I was wondering whether there is any way to divert miles from those two flights to my Miles & More account.

My guess is no, but I wanted to check, just in case! At least one of the flights would long enough to be worth putting in...

I don't usually fly OneWorld.

Thank you
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by lenitas
I am about to book 6 flights through Cathay. However, two flights will be carried out by Air NZ and Air Canada. I was wondering whether there is any way to divert miles from those two flights to my Miles & More account.
Since you say you never fly OW I assume you have no status, so just leave the FFP field blank and then after you have completed your trip just retrocredit the flights segment per segment to your FFP of choice. Make sure to get paper boarding passes for each flight, these days it's mostly automatic but you might be requested them.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Since you say you never fly OW I assume you have no status, so just leave the FFP field blank and then after you have completed your trip just retrocredit the flights segment per segment to your FFP of choice. Make sure to get paper boarding passes for each flight, these days it's mostly automatic but you might be requested them.
That's right. Thank you, I'll keep the boarding passes. Will the print-at-home ones do? Or should I get airport ones?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by lenitas
That's right. Thank you, I'll keep the boarding passes. Will the print-at-home ones do? Or should I get airport ones?
PDFs of the BPs are fine. I always prefer to have one printed at the airport (even at the check in machines, no need to waste time at the counter), but it shouldn't be strictly necessary.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Spire Ambassador, Bonvoy Gold
How do I upgrade a flight with miles? I have seen the possibility at the airport on the machine, but is it possible to do it before check-in online? I see only the bid possibility or the fixed price.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Finnhansa
How do I upgrade a flight with miles? I have seen the possibility at the airport on the machine, but is it possible to do it before check-in online? I see only the bid possibility or the fixed price.
Depends on your original booking code if it permits upgrades & to which class. But better to call in & ask for a mileage upgrade, just call the FT line.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Spire Ambassador, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by chris63

Depends on your original booking code if it permits upgrades & to which class. But better to call in & ask for a mileage upgrade, just call the FT line.
Hi, intra-europe flight with Economy flex tickets which I'd like to upgrade to business. Software advertises to me that "mileage upgrade permitted", but I just can't seem to find a way to do it online. I guess I call them then.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: EBG, OWS, HHG, IHGAmb
I have an upcoming reservation that my stupid corporate travel agency booked as a UA codeshare ARN-FRA-MIA. I have both a UA and a LH reference.
As our travel policy only allows us to travel in economy (don't say anything), I would like to upgrade at least the long leg on the return flight.

However, when I am logged into the LH-website, retrieve my booking and press the upgrade button, I get the following message:
"Unfortunately, we cannot offer you the cash upgrade option for this journey."

Is this due to the reservation being made through UA? Does LH offer upgrade at gate or check in as well? Or am I stuck in economy?

Thanks!

Last edited by Totopez; Jun 12, 2019 at 3:49 am Reason: forgot one thing...
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:53 am

Hi, intra-europe flight with Economy flex tickets which I'd like to upgrade to business. Software advertises to me that "mileage upgrade permitted", but I just can't seem to find a way to do it online. I guess I call them then.
Could be there's no availability. Another possibility is that an upgrade isn't possible because airline and ticket issuer don't match. (E.g., when booking LH flights on LX stock.)

Side note: I think intra-European upgrades are particularly poor value. You got flex tickets, so you get prio security, prio boarding, free access to preferred seats, and a free checked bag. As you're FTL, you're getting access to LH/LX/OS/LO/SN lounges. The incremental value of business is near-zero in that scenario. Would be for me, at least.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH IT is in a very bad place, for awards & upgrades currently its a safer bet to call in.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Totopez
I have an upcoming reservation that my stupid corporate travel agency booked as a UA codeshare ARN-FRA-MIA. I have both a UA and a LH reference.
As our travel policy only allows us to travel in economy (don't say anything), I would like to upgrade at least the long leg on the return flight.

However, when I am logged into the LH-website, retrieve my booking and press the upgrade button, I get the following message:
"Unfortunately, we cannot offer you the cash upgrade option for this journey."

Is this due to the reservation being made through UA? Does LH offer upgrade at gate or check in as well? Or am I stuck in economy?

Thanks!
LH won’t touch a UA ticket, try calling UA. It may be necessary to ask your TA to do that.

At checkin subject to availability LH would sell you a cash upgrade but they are usually expensive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.