[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old May 23, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BA
I am flying LHR - HKG via FRA in business class. I have a 2hrs10min layover between flights. Not having been to FRA before is this enough time to spend time in the lounge? Or will it be a case of getting off one aircraft and heading straight for another?

Secondly will we need to re-clear security or can be stay airside

Thanks in advance
Old May 23, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ard9719
I am flying LHR - HKG via FRA in business class. I have a 2hrs10min layover between flights. Not having been to FRA before is this enough time to spend time in the lounge? Or will it be a case of getting off one aircraft and heading straight for another?

Secondly will we need to re-clear security or can be stay airside

Thanks in advance
- Boarding in FRA starts 30 mins before departure for shorter flights and 40 mins before departure for longer flights so you would have time. However, depending on your specific departure date you might need to wait for the intra-terminal shuttle buses as the Skyline, which connects concourses is under maintenance, and it could take time.
- You don't need to clear passport control but security depends on the parking position of your incoming aircraft from LHR. If you type again, here on FlyerTalk with flight numbers on your travel date, members would be happy to help you with your specific transfer case.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
- Boarding in FRA starts 30 mins before departure for shorter flights and 40 mins before departure for longer flights so you would have time. However, depending on your specific departure date you might need to wait for the intra-terminal shuttle buses as the Skyline, which connects concourses is under maintenance, and it could take time.
- You don't need to clear passport control but security depends on the parking position of your incoming aircraft from LHR. If you type again, here on FlyerTalk with flight numbers on your travel date, members would be happy to help you with your specific transfer case.
My flight leaves LHR 17:30 on 03/03/2020 and arrives 20:05 - LH915
FRA-HKG 22:15 03/03/2020 - LH796
Old May 23, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thanks, I've posted my question on that thread.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
I figured I would ask this here instead of starting a new thread. I have missed out on my last two upgrades (Y->J/C) on LH and I'm wondering if there are some things I could do differently. I have *G status via UA, but have miles in an LH account with no status. Last year when I requested the UG, my reservation seemed to be a mess as my LH number was in it and I tried to change to my UA number, then use LH miles to upgrade. When I got to the airport there were somehow both numbers in the record (I have no idea how this happened). The question I have is whether I can actually get this to work. When I use the UG tool (here), it seems that I could "sponsor" the upgrade from my M&M account, but not fill in the second M&M field. Could this allow me to have my UA number still in the PNR? I'm basically hoping that my *G status would put me in a better position for the upgrade. When I book LH tickets through Concur, it automatically puts my M&M number in the reservation. I'm thinking that I may need to remove this to make sure my UA number is there. In the past I have not had problems with swapping them, but last year something seems to have gone horribly wrong (not that I think that I would have definitely gotten the upgrade if things had been correct in the system).
Old May 24, 2019, 11:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You just have to call LH to change the FFP number to the UA*G number. The FQTR number will be M&M. Easy thing to do an the LH agent will know. This cannot be done online by your self.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You just have to call LH to change the FFP number to the UA*G number. The FQTR number will be M&M. Easy thing to do an the LH agent will know. This cannot be done online by your self.
Thanks. I tried calling last year to get them to change things, but it was all messed up. I'll just have to reference the FQTR field to see if they have things correct this time. I'm not holding my breath for a miles upgrade in June, but I have to try...
Old May 26, 2019, 11:25 pm

For the MUC regulars... is there a pharmacy airside? and if, where? Will have a Schengen to non-Schengen (Romania) connection today and need to pick up some medication. Would be nice, if I do not need to head out landside.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
There is, both Schengen and non-Schengen, but I'm not sure how well stocked it is. www.muc.aero will tell you where it is
Old May 27, 2019, 1:34 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by hdogan
There is, both Schengen and non-Schengen, but I'm not sure how well stocked it is. www.muc.aero will tell you where it is
That's T2 (levels G and H). There's also a branch in the public area (Z). They are able to get medication from one branch to another within 20 mins or so. You can also call ahead and they will try to get what you need to the branch where you want to pick it up.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:45 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I'm looking to take advantage to the Ex ARN Companion special today routing ARN-ZRH-SIN-HKG-FRA-MUC-ARN, based in ZRH for the first trip I will check the luggage in directly for the ZRH-SIN leg and fly to ARN without checked luggage (as it is checked in directly to SIN), but on the return I was wondering if it would be possible to check the luggage through, given I have a ARN-ZRH flight. Booked on Swiss I guess this won't be an issue, however, if booked on SAS, do you think it would still be possible or will the agent in HKG refuse?
Old May 27, 2019, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
Originally Posted by cas_de
That's T2 (levels G and H). There's also a branch in the public area (Z). They are able to get medication from one branch to another within 20 mins or so. You can also call ahead and they will try to get what you need to the branch where you want to pick it up.
Thanks both, arrived via bus from the remote stand found the pharmacy directly at the end of the stairs leading up to the G gates area (for future reference: 20m facing Gate G30)

Wasn't looking for something very special, just something I was sure every German pharmacy will carry.. and they did... plenty
Old May 27, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Evouchers

HI, excuse the question but I can't find it stated anywhere but am I right in thinking that to upgrade SIN-LHR on LH I would need 2 evouchers for a one way ticket and 4 for a return?

Thanks
Old May 27, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MrCheapSeats
HI, excuse the question but I can't find it stated anywhere but am I right in thinking that to upgrade SIN-LHR on LH I would need 2 evouchers for a one way ticket and 4 for a return?

Thanks
Yes, its 2 Evouchers for one way.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.