Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zebranz
I am 1K with UA and have a paid United ticket (016 stock) with one LH flight in Premium Economy. Ticketed as a UA codeshare flight on LH (MUC-ORD). Would like to know about upgrade that flight to biz. I have Miles & More miles but no status.

It appears I cannot use a UA GPU on code share. LH site says upgrade available 6 weeks out.
You can use a GPU, but you need to call United to apply it.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You first have to convert the UA codeshare into a native LH flight number for that segment before anything else. The 1K desk can do that for you, but will struggle because of the mismatch of booking classes between UA and LH in PE. If the PE booking class translates into LH N, you are SOL as those are not upgradable with anything except for a cash upgrade at the airport.

More on how to use GPU and the codeshare stuff is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...credit-18.html
Old May 1, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBG
Hi. I'm flying LX out of MXP today in M. Can I purchase access to the Lufthansa lounge? When I search online, it looks like its only possible to purchase lounge access to LH lounges when flying LH Premium Eco, is that correct?
Old May 1, 2019, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MatthiasWagner
Hi. I'm flying LX out of MXP today in M. Can I purchase access to the Lufthansa lounge? When I search online, it looks like its only possible to purchase lounge access to LH lounges when flying LH Premium Eco, is that correct?
Lufthansa Group Economy pax could access the Business Lounge's in Frankfurt by a pay-to-entry method. However, I am not sure if the Lufthansa Lounge in MXP accepts pay-to-entry.
By the way, LoungeBuddy has stopped selling one day passes for Lufthansa Lounges all around the world. Maybe something has recently changed and we are not informed yet.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:13 am

I just flew LH with a 4 hour layover in FRA. They have a special deal, where I could use my Amex Plat for free access to the LH business lounge. I think it ends in the fall.
Old May 4, 2019, 9:21 am

I guess that's the reason for the removed possibility of booking Lufthansa lounges on Loungebuddy:

Moving forward, lounge booking services through the LoungeBuddy platform will be exclusively available for American Express Card Members.
from https://about.americanexpress.com/pr...re-loungebuddy
Old May 6, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
I haven't found a proper thread for this topic yet, so I will ask this questions here... Is there any schedule/rumor for a potential renovation and upgrade of Lufthansa Lounges, which are not at FRA or MUC?

E.g. DUS, HAM & BER are very outdated now and the new lounge design is more than overdue here.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:15 am

LH has flown a 747-8 on the MCO-FRA route the past two days. Any way to see if this just a two day thing or a longer term swap? All future flights are still showing the 747-400 but that's what they also showed for today's flight up until a few hours ago.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Due to technical issues with some of the B744, they had a few swaps with B748 lately on MCO and BOM.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:35 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
LH has flown a 747-8 on the MCO-FRA route the past two days. Any way to see if this just a two day thing or a longer term swap? All future flights are still showing the 747-400 but that's what they also showed for today's flight up until a few hours ago.
The changes *could* also be related (at least partially) to:

https://events.sap.com/sapandasug/en/home
https://www.sap.com/about/events/201...onference.html
Old May 8, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Dumb question alert but figured this was the best place to ask. I have two M&M Credit Card Business Lounge Vouchers, are these 24 hours or one entry? Got some long stop overs in Frankfurt coming up.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Omnivore
Dumb question alert but figured this was the best place to ask. I have two M&M Credit Card Business Lounge Vouchers, are these 24 hours or one entry? Got some long stop overs in Frankfurt coming up.
Considering the lounge closes overnight (and no access is possible the day before when flying on a regular ticket in C/F or with status) I'd say they're same-day only.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:37 am

Lufthansa boarding pass lost

Hi all,

I was traveling by LH flights and lost the boarding passes. However, I need to submit the original boarding passes to get some reimbursement. How do I get the boarding pass of a past LH flight?
Please help.
Paresh
Old May 9, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Considering the lounge closes overnight (and no access is possible the day before when flying on a regular ticket in C/F or with status) I'd say they're same-day only.
I should have clarified, I'd only be in FRA during the day time, the flight is overnight. Just weighing up having a shower, going into town and then coming back (and also using a locker)
Old May 9, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: Miles & More, MileagePlus
Hello FlyerTalk,
I would like to bring up some thought and ask you about your opinion... I am Czech living in Los Angeles and travel between EU - US 2x/year + additional 2x-4x/year travels around US.I do not travel for business so reaching even Frequent Flyer status on Lufthansa Group is still a little impossible for me. I love Lufthansa/Swiss services and would love to stay loyal to them...As you all know Lufthansa Group introduced "Economy Light" which is pretty much priced as "Old Economy" minus baggage... Since the baggage is not included in the "Economy Light" and since I don't have any status with Star Alliance the round trip ticket for one person can go up by $120 ($240 for couple traveling together) just because of baggage fees. It feels weird to pay this much extra for the same ticket from just a year ago before the "Economy Light" went fully into effect...

So I have been wondering how to go around the issue with paying the luggage fee and was wondering if I could get opinion from more experienced travelers here... Miles&More credit card for US has quiet dated benefits, Miles&More credit card for Czech Republic is not even worth mentioning hahah These facts take me to consider different options in this case... I have been thinking using either "Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card" or "Amex Platinium / Gold" for the baggage fees... All the cards mentioned have "Airline Incidental Fee Coverage" in amounts of $250, $200. $100 that are good to be used at United, AA, Delta and other US carriers... Do you think since United is Star Alliance member, it would be possible to book Swiss/Lufthansa flight via United's website and using Aspire Card, Amex Platinium or Gold to pay for the baggage fees to trigger reimbursement for "Airline Incidental Fee Coverage" ? I am not sure if United website/app would let me check in for Swiss/Lufthansa operated flight, pay baggage fees and still trigger the baggage fee amount to be credited back to me...

Thank you for any respond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.