Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by windymindy
I just want to make sure I am understand booking Lufthansa correctly. I am under the impression that Lufthansa typically releases award availability at fourteen days or less. I would like to book J class from ORD>CDG at the end of October. Is the correct thing to do a. book a backup flight and b. obsessively check for J seats when the fourteen day (or whatever day) mark hits? Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
ORD is one of the easier routes for J awards, availability changes daily just keep looking from now.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:59 pm

thank you so very much!

I have been checking daily and will continue to do so.

There's been a lot of last minute F available on that route too.

Thank you again.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by windymindy
thank you so very much!

I have been checking daily and will continue to do so.

There's been a lot of last minute F available on that route too.

Thank you again.
Welcome & good luck with your quest
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Quick question for those that might know...
Am usually flying SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) and am Eurobonus Diamond (their tier just above Gold, so an *A Gold too)
I'm looking to pop down to Switzerland though for a little ski session my friend put together last minute and found the following fare:

As Star Gold will I be able to check my skis and bag in for free or will this be an additional cost?
Know that I flew to the US in Oct. 2018 with a Light fare, and was fine checking a bag. Unsure if same goes for ski's and been looking online to no avail yet....

Many thanks for any assisance good people.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerjeffr
Am usually flying SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) and am Eurobonus Diamond (their tier just above Gold, so an *A Gold too)
I'm looking to pop down to Switzerland though for a little ski session my friend put together last minute and found the following fare:

As Star Gold will I be able to check my skis and bag in for free or will this be an additional cost?
Know that I flew to the US in Oct. 2018 with a Light fare, and was fine checking a bag. Unsure if same goes for ski's and been looking online to no avail yet....

Light means no bags & *G benefits won’t change that, so I would be astonished if you can check Ski’s
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Thanks Chris -- Seems my flight to the US on 'Light' fare was kindness from the gate agent.
Found several places stating baggage is not allowed regardless of status on other *A carriers.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by jerjeffr

No sport equipment on Light fares.
You need to buy up to Classic, and then you'll be fine at least on LX, LH also, though LH stipulates you need to reserve 24h in advance due to space concerns (and in your case especially it makes sense as you have what seems like E-Jet + CRJ connection). This will still be free within your 1+1 bag.

The fact you could check a bag to the US for free is because LH group is keeping a temporary goodwill gesture in a transition period for transatlantic light fares. No such provision exists in European light fares.
jerjeffr likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi - as a newbie to M&M - I wondered how much 5000 M&M points were worth? Does anyone know how much the cheapest point redpemptions are for ex London departures?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Hi - as a newbie to M&M - I wondered how much 5000 M&M points were worth?

About 10€, give or take, if you spend them in the worldshop.

Does anyone know how much the cheapest point redpemptions are for ex London departures?
Look for the award chart on the M&M website. You are very far away from an award flight I'm afraid.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:28 pm

hi all! just snagged two award J seats on LH 415 departing IAD April 19, 2019. the seating chart indicates it's an A350, FA shows this flight has been flown by an A333 or A346 recently. how likely is it we'll actually get a new A350?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: LH M+M
Originally Posted by xerenthar
hi all! just snagged two award J seats on LH 415 departing IAD April 19, 2019. the seating chart indicates it's an A350, FA shows this flight has been flown by an A333 or A346 recently. how likely is it we'll actually get a new A350?
Seatguru sees it as A350, too. LH sometimes changes equipment between winter and summer flightschedule. Since MUC is "the" A350 hub, I think it's quite possible you're flying that model.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Seatguru sees it as A350, too. LH sometimes changes equipment between winter and summer flightschedule. Since MUC is "the" A350 hub, I think it's quite possible you're flying that model.
i have two booking on 415 in April and May. Both on A359.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
I think I'll be on the losing end of that switch. Flying MUC-ORD in April (LH434). Currently, an A359 flies that route but LH's app and website show me as being on an A346. Given that they're selling first class seats for my flight, I'm assuming the odds of an equipment change are unlikely.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Summer timetable (starting March 31) shows IAD-MUC as A359 only. Equipment change unlikely, probably only due to tech problems.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Any idea when the new Eurowings routes from FRA to Mauritius and Windhoek are going to be bookable? I can't remember where the heck I read about this (certainly can't find it here, but I can never find anything on Flyertalk) but as I remember flights start in October. I would be interested in burning some miles on both routes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.