Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SPG Platinum
Flying BLR - FRA - LHR on 12/01 in F. One ticket. We are due to land at T1, what’s the best lounge option for us. We have 3 hours roughly. Are we eligible for FCT?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by matt_s_london
Flying BLR - FRA - LHR on 12/01 in F. One ticket. We are due to land at T1, what’s the best lounge option for us. We have 3 hours roughly. Are we eligible for FCT?
You can go to the FCT or the FCL (in B). FCT is the more reliable option in this case.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by chongl
I emailed [email protected] about my delayed baggage and got a feedback ID number. It's been a week and I have heard nothing back regarding compensation. I called the general customer service line line and was told the customer relations department does not have a phone number! I'm not trying to get hundreds of dollars back...just what's fair (to cover 2 jackets and a beanie or 2), but they make this so difficult. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?
CR is handled by Bosch Service Solutions for Lufthansa. You can nudge them by using the feedback form and quoting the initial feedback ID. https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/support/feedback

Just select the topic 'Ask about existing feedback'. Note that general pleb enquiries take 3-4 weeks for them to respond.... emails sent take even longer because the agent has to sort out the actual data. Using the form above feeds it better into their system. My baggage related 'feedback' took them only 4 days to process last October because I made my point very clear in the form.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:38 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by nyx__
How can I see which flights have the option to use miles to upgrade to a higher fare class?
United, for example, has an option in their search. All I can find for Lufthansa is that it seems like you have to first book a flight before you can see whether that option is available. Is there a trick I'm missing?
You have to differentiate whether an upgrade is allowed in general and upgrade availability. The first question can be answered before booking a flight:

by checking the entry in the row mileage upgrade. Careful, because only the M&M rules are applied. If you want to use non M&M instruments to upgrade different rules apply (e.g. fewer booking classes are eligible. You can't check whether an upgrade for this actual flight is available before booking unless you have a M&M account and search for award/upgrade availability in parallel or via Expertflyer/KVS, etc.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:44 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hello there

I have an upcoming flight for two people JFK-ZRH in Business (Z). I would like to upgrade it with miles, availability currently shows F5A5 (on the later nine pm flight it's still F8A8).
Online it tells me that the flight can't be upgraded due to no availability. What do you guys think are the odds that if I call and have the upgrade waitlisted that it eventually goes through?

Of the two ppl flying one hold *G (non-M&M) and one FTL and the account used for the upgrade has no elite status.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:05 pm

I don't think you can upgrade to LX F if you're not SEN/HON.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klausa
I don't think you can upgrade to LX F if you're not SEN/HON.
As far as I know you don’t have to be SEN/HON to upgrade to LX F provided there is availability.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
As far as I know you don’t have to be SEN/HON to upgrade to LX F provided there is availability.
Oh hrm, so it's just outright redemptions that are blocked? I assumed mileage upgrades were out too, but you're definitely better versed than me here
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:05 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klausa
Oh hrm, so it's just outright redemptions that are blocked? I assumed mileage upgrades were out too, but you're definitely better versed than me here
There are some posts in the following thread which confirm this, including post 17.

[rumour confirmed] LX F awards for SEN/HON only eff 2014
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:12 am

Hi, I have question regarding fare rules as I can not find them anywhere on Lufthansa site. I have booked return ticket from Europe to USA - business basic and return business flex (bought on Lufthansa site). As for the return I found that the same flight has cheaper first basic plus class as compared to business flex. I called service center and they told me that business flex can be only changed to flex fare. Meaning i can not change it to first basic plus, as well as I can't change it to business basic plus if I change the date etc. Did they change the rules some time ago? I recall that 3-4 years ago I usually was buying economy flex ticket and than changing it to the business basic.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Slomiany
Hi, I have question regarding fare rules as I can not find them anywhere on Lufthansa site. I have booked return ticket from Europe to USA - business basic and return business flex (bought on Lufthansa site). As for the return I found that the same flight has cheaper first basic plus class as compared to business flex. I called service center and they told me that business flex can be only changed to flex fare. Meaning i can not change it to first basic plus, as well as I can't change it to business basic plus if I change the date etc. Did they change the rules some time ago? I recall that 3-4 years ago I usually was buying economy flex ticket and than changing it to the business basic.
I am not that versed on the ins-outs of LH, but I thought Bus Flex allowed you to cancel the flight without penalty.... so one option might be to cancel that segment booked on Bus Flex and rebook the segment as First Basic Plus. Seems foolish to have to work around the "system", but might be an option.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Current Upgrade rules on LH.... Many threads on this topic, including links back to LH website, but not sure all comments are up-to-date, so I am going to ask in order to get most current info.

I have a P class ticket in Bus for ORD-FRA-BCN, and would like to upgrade to F for the ORD-FRA segment (I realize there is no F on intra-continental flights). I currently am not a M&M member, and currently no status on UA. It is my understanding that earlier this year LH started allowing P and Z fares to be upgraded with mileage pts, albeit at a higher redemption level.

1) Given my status (or lack thereof), can I do a *A upgrade from P-fare to F? If so, do they process the request immediately and if available is it confirmed then or do I end up on waitlist?

2) If I can not do a *A mileage upgrade, is my best option to go through the booking agent (a cruise line), or call LH directly for $-paid upgrade. I have a good sense of the price difference and would be okay with it for this segment.

3) What is anyone's experience with being offered a $-paid upgrade option prior to departure on the ORD-FRA route?

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:24 am

What's the difference between First Class Saver and Basic Plus? I couldn't find much info on their site or on Google.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brostman
Current Upgrade rules on LH.... Many threads on this topic, including links back to LH website, but not sure all comments are up-to-date, so I am going to ask in order to get most current info.

I have a P class ticket in Bus for ORD-FRA-BCN, and would like to upgrade to F for the ORD-FRA segment (I realize there is no F on intra-continental flights). I currently am not a M&M member, and currently no status on UA. It is my understanding that earlier this year LH started allowing P and Z fares to be upgraded with mileage pts, albeit at a higher redemption level.

1) Given my status (or lack thereof), can I do a *A upgrade from P-fare to F? If so, do they process the request immediately and if available is it confirmed then or do I end up on waitlist?

2) If I can not do a *A mileage upgrade, is my best option to go through the booking agent (a cruise line), or call LH directly for $-paid upgrade. I have a good sense of the price difference and would be okay with it for this segment.

3) What is anyone's experience with being offered a $-paid upgrade option prior to departure on the ORD-FRA route?

Thanks
I cannot answer all your questions but as far as I know you can only upgrade from P to First using Miles & More miles or M&M eVouchers. You don’t need a status in any program.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:10 am

I would like to redeem a one way business class award on Swiss air from Mia-Tlv, where can I find how much the fule surcharge would be, or if anyone know approximately what it would be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.