Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I’m flying LH F HKG-FRA-VIE on one ticket and LX C VIE-ZRH-CDG on another on the same day. Is it possible to check my luggage through to my final destination (CDG) upon check-in at Hong Kong?

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by JohnRain
I’m flying LH F HKG-FRA-VIE on one ticket and LX C VIE-ZRH-CDG on another on the same day. Is it possible to check my luggage through to my final destination (CDG) upon check-in at Hong Kong?

Thanks
Since you're flying F you'll most probably be alright, just have the onward ticket available for the agent. I believe it's been reported that LX F lounge dragons might not let you in the F lounge in ZRH, but others are more up to date than me I'm sure.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by JohnRain

Thanks
Never had a problem with LH through checking to *A on seperate tickets, so certainly no issues with a LX seperate ticket.
Just give the checkin agent the PNR for your onward flights.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Cas_de Thank you for the info. I reviewed the link you provided and I suspect that P class is upgradable for M&M members but not necessarily for *A members. I am trying to upgrade using UA mileage and will try submitting an upgrade request and see what happens. I will report back on what I learn. Thanks again for the insights.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hi, will be flying AKL-BKK-ZRH longhaul on TG J to see friends in Sep. Hold *G with THAI.

We also plan to visit Malaga, Spain before we depart. Should we buy fares ZRH-AGP now? or is there a likelihood of sales at some time between now and mid-year?

The dates are a fixed week, so almost no flex. At present fares are around CHF200-240 for classic economy return, depening on direct or via GVA.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It's a decent price. Could get lower, but I wouldn't count on it outright, after all, it is still the high season in Mediterranean.

Considering all the cost of the trip already, is the savings of maybe CHF 50 gonna make that much of a difference to risk the price going way up?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:05 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
also, keep in mind that any LX flights from GVA will feature the lovely concept of BOB.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swis...ng-2018-a.html
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It's a decent price. Could get lower, but I wouldn't count on it outright, after all, it is still the high season in Mediterranean.

Considering all the cost of the trip already, is the savings of maybe CHF 50 gonna make that much of a difference to risk the price going way up?
Thanks. I have no sense of LX pricing for intra-Europe flights, so was more interested in whether or not there is a pattern to sales, or if I should buy now. Not looking to nickel and dime this at all, and would prefer a 'full service' carrier rather than a LCC precisely given that we are flying as far as humanly possible from New Zealand!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Thanks. I have no sense of LX pricing for intra-Europe flights, so was more interested in whether or not there is a pattern to sales, or if I should buy now. Not looking to nickel and dime this at all, and would prefer a 'full service' carrier rather than a LCC precisely given that we are flying as far as humanly possible from New Zealand!
In that case do make sure (as mentioned) not to fly via Geneva.

And also a thought to consider - LX does not include a free bag even for *G in the basic economy, so count with that as well.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I emailed [email protected] about my delayed baggage and got a feedback ID number. It's been a week and I have heard nothing back regarding compensation. I called the general customer service line line and was told the customer relations department does not have a phone number! I'm not trying to get hundreds of dollars back...just what's fair (to cover 2 jackets and a beanie or 2), but they make this so difficult. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
& do check out the J ( P ) fares, in the summer season they can be cheaper than Y, especially on LH.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
removed

Last edited by mildfrequence; Jan 9, 2019 at 4:54 am Reason: no longer relevant
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63

& do check out the J ( P ) fares, in the summer season they can be cheaper than Y, especially on LH.
Thanks - fiddling with dates to get P class biz fares in Sep on LX for ZRH-APG-ZRH comes in around CHF 450 per person - too expensive for us for a 2:45 flight. Being *G gets lounge access and an extra bag (not needed anyway).

Indirect flights on LH will likely not amuse Mrs TK, who prefers point-point (unless teleporting becomes a possibility ), but I'll have a look.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Ambassador
Check-through Baggage LH -> BA

Will LH let you check-through bags to a BA flight on a separate ticket? I wasn't able to locate any guidance or policy on check-through baggage for ex-*A itineraries. If it makes any difference I am United *G, flight is UA coded, and all legs (incl. BA) are in C.

Cheers,
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:47 pm

Searching for flight upgrades

How can I see which flights have the option to use miles to upgrade to a higher fare class?
United, for example, has an option in their search. All I can find for Lufthansa is that it seems like you have to first book a flight before you can see whether that option is available. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.