Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
I am looking at some potential reservations on LH website (LH Bus Restricted ORD-FRA) but can not determine was class the ticket would be if I purchased. I am looking for a ticket eligible for *A upgrade using MP miles, and know not all classes are upgradeable. I have taken the reservation through the website steps up through flight selection with flight cost.... do I need to go the next step towards purchasing the ticket to see the ticket class... or what?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
While I was on an assignment in Toronto, Canada I rented a car from Hertz for a month & half period. I put my M&M number as the FFP partner to post the award miles for the rental period.

Today Hertz posted the miles for that long car rental and it was only 500 miles !!!

Is that real to give that little miles for such long period of time or there is something wrong?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:11 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Brostman
I am looking at some potential reservations on LH website (LH Bus Restricted ORD-FRA) but can not determine was class the ticket would be if I purchased. I am looking for a ticket eligible for *A upgrade using MP miles, and know not all classes are upgradeable. I have taken the reservation through the website steps up through flight selection with flight cost.... do I need to go the next step towards purchasing the ticket to see the ticket class... or what?
LH's Website is a bit annoying regarding displaying booking classes, but you can see if you can upgrade the fare using M&M instruments during the booking phase. There's a little upgrade icon that shows if a fare is upgradeable. If you are looking to upgrade from Business to First, you don't need to worry, because LH changed the upgrade rules in April:

Can't tell you whether that also applies to other mileage programs.20.04.2018

Upgrade to First Class from all Lufthansa Business Class booking classes

Redeem your award miles or eVouchers today

You can now take advantage of great new upgrade options on Lufthansa operated long haul flights. With immediate effect, you can upgrade to First Class from any Business Class booking class – even from classes Z and P. You just need 20,000 award miles for an upgrade from these booking classes, in addition to the regular upgrade award. You can find the corresponding upgrade award for your flight here. Alternatively, you can use two eVouchers per flight segment.
https://www.miles-and-more.com/online/myportal/mam/de/account/news/detail?nodeid=901410015&l=en&cid=18002
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:13 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
While I was on an assignment in Toronto, Canada I rented a car from Hertz for a month & half period. I put my M&M number as the FFP partner to post the award miles for the rental period.

Today Hertz posted the miles for that long car rental and it was only 500 miles !!!

Is that real to give that little miles for such long period of time or there is something wrong?
That's real life, because the rental transaction counts, regardless whether you are renting for a single day or an entire month.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:44 am

Hi

I'm currently sitting on roughly 90K M&M miles.

I'm taking a trip with my partner in June (CDG-MUC (LH), MUC-SFO (UA), SFO-YVR-CDG (AC)) We jumped on this trip as the tickets were extremely cheap. Because of that, the tickets are from the lowest economy possible fare bucket (K).
I guess trying to upgrade one of those legs from "K" using miles is not even possible? I'm sort of losing track with all the information I can find online, and right now its not clear to me what my actual options are.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Dec 25 (arrives Dec. 26 10AM) MIA - MUC F
Dec 26 (departs 6pm, arrives Dec 26 7pm) MUC - FRA J
Dec 27 (departs 6pm, arrives Dec 28) FRA - PVG F
The underlying question is: do I get access to FCL in FRA on arrival on Dec. 26 (my onwards connection is not until the next day's evening)?.
Hey Nazdoom,
I think the access rules are pretty clear - from the LH website:
Passengers who, in addition to their First Class flight, are taking a connecting or feeder flight, have access to the First Class facilities, as long as the entire First Class journey is a through booking.
I assume that all your flights are on the same booking - therefore you should have access to the FCLs in FRA.
How did it go in FRA?
Have safe travels
Primenumber
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by NiCre
I guess trying to upgrade one of those legs from "K" using miles is not even possible?
It is not. You should try to earn another 20k and make it to 110k, and then book two R/T mileage bargains in business class europe-north America.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have made a booking for a family member, but have made an error in the passenger's 1st name and there is a 1 character error - somehow 2nd character of 1st name I managed to put an "R" rather than an "I" - travel is a UK to Germany business saver

Is this something that is going to cause an issue - if so, is it something that will be able to be fixed with a phone call - don't really want to be buying a new ticket
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
Likely a problem.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I have made a booking for a family member, but have made an error in the passenger's 1st name and there is a 1 character error - somehow 2nd character of 1st name I managed to put an "R" rather than an "I" - travel is a UK to Germany business saver

Is this something that is going to cause an issue - if so, is it something that will be able to be fixed with a phone call - don't really want to be buying a new ticket
i would call and get it resolved ASAP. Once at the airport you are probably toast.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

No problem at all, you are allowed upto 4 spelling mistakes.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No problem at all, you are allowed upto 4 spelling mistakes.
As suggested by previous post , I did call the airline and I was asked to send an email with copy of the passenger's passport ; a few hours later the name had been corrected
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Baggage allowance on P fare / *A Gold

I booked a LX/LH itinerary on united.com, in which the return leg (PRG - MUC - SFO) is on Lufthansa. For that segment the fare class is P and I am *G, but the baggage allowance on my receipt and on united.com is showing as 1 free bag up to 23 kg, and a $100 charge for the second bag.

Should I assume this is just an error resulting from booking through UA? PRG - MUC is on LH Cityline, but as near as I can tell that should not affect baggage allowances. The outbound leg is on LX, Z-class, and shows the expected allowance of 2 x 32kg.

Last edited by ProfessorChaos; Jan 2, 2019 at 2:18 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:32 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

You will get an extra bag as *G, so 3 bags of 70lb or 32Kg total.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hyatt
Business class to LH first class booking strategy help needed

Hello! I am booking my brother's honeymoon for spring 2020. I'd LOVE to send him and his new wife to Europe one way in LH first, but I can't risk the entire itinerary by not booking anything until 14 days out or less. I'd like to book them in business class (LH or any will do) and then change to first if first class availability pops up within 14 days. I'm ok with some change fees, but ideally I'd like to keep out of pocket cash costs low if I can. What FF program do you think would be best for going about this? United would be ton of points but low cash cost. I'm wary of using Avianca Lifemiles because of the changes that would have to be involved and I've heard bad things about their customer service. couple of notes:

1. Hometown is Louisville, KY (SDF) and destination in Europe is Rome, so a program that allows these additional legs would be ideal.
2. Like to avoid huge fees/surcharges if possible, but open to all ideas.
3. There's plenty of time to accrue points via credit card in whatever program would be best. I have a bunch of Marriott points already but kind of have those earmarked to fly then home ATH-EWR in Emirates F, open to ideas though.

Also wasn't sure what forum to post this in, if you have a better place, please let me know!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Where would I contact LH for baggage delay compensation? I filled out a LH service team contact us form already, but wanted to see if that was the right place. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.