[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by daiseiko
Thanks chris63,

It's GOL.
GOL & LH have agreements I guess(we can see the combination tariff if we search CGH/GIG/FRA on LH.com), however, does GOL accept luggage through check in even 2 different bookings?
I may not get a priority tag because of the GOL first, but I don't mind it if I can go to the lounge without luggage pick up & drop off at GIG.
They used to check through but I have not done that in a long time & last time it was GOL to LX.

Can you take a priority tag with you, I always carry spares

Do let us know & thanks again for the EZE tip.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by chris63
They used to check through but I have not done that in a long time & last time it was GOL to LX.
Can you take a priority tag with you, I always carry spares
Do let us know & thanks again for the EZE tip.

Hi chris63 again,
Thanks! I didn't think of the thru check in.
I chatted with GOL customer center and they said "impossible due to 2 different PNRs".
however, answers of call center and airport counter are different often. I try it anyway!

(Hope to fly many readers on LH C class to EZE with the special offer! )
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
FTL at Security GVA

I am still not sure about this one, but GVA airport will be a zoo on the last Sunday before Christmas (it's always a zoo at the weekend anyway). Departing on Austrian Airlines, wondering if my FTL card will afford me fasttrack at security, never been quite sure if FTL cuts the mustard at GVA. Otherwise, I can buy priority security on the airport website (if only it would work on a mobile phone).
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Concerto
I am still not sure about this one, but GVA airport will be a zoo on the last Sunday before Christmas (it's always a zoo at the weekend anyway). Departing on Austrian Airlines, wondering if my FTL card will afford me fasttrack at security, never been quite sure if FTL cuts the mustard at GVA. Otherwise, I can buy priority security on the airport website (if only it would work on a mobile phone).
Unfortunately not according to Geneve Aéroport. http://www.gva.ch/Portaldata/1/Resou...y-Lane_GVA.pdf

It was a zoo already yesterday, the exodus for the holidays plus the ski arrivals had started.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Exec, Mand M
Advice on MUC vs FRA as transfer to YVR on LH

Hi newbie here!
About to book Dub to YVR with LH. Any reason to favour MUC vs FRA or v.v ?
Also is the J experience better on 747-4 (FRA) or on A340 (MUC) ?
Thanks for your advice
DH
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by dochealth
Hi newbie here!
About to book Dub to YVR with LH. Any reason to favour MUC vs FRA or v.v ?
Also is the J experience better on 747-4 (FRA) or on A340 (MUC) ?
Thanks for your advice
DH
Much easier transfer in MUC, and J experience pretty much identical. If the times are similar you can also do one transfer per airport on the outbound and on the inbound and judge for yourself, but I'd stick with MUC anyway.
mmff and dochealth like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR

Unfortunately not according to Geneve Aéroport. http://www.gva.ch/Portaldata/1/Resou...y-Lane_GVA.pdf

It was a zoo already yesterday, the exodus for the holidays plus the ski arrivals had started.
I just bought my priority security access, at 5 minutes to midnight for tomorrow morning. What a bl**** nightmare the gva.ch website is, it didn't allow any of my email addresses to proceed with a purchase (had to create a new one). Really seriously, how can such websites exist in what is now almost the 3rd decade of the 21st century????? It's so early 1990s it's unbelievable. It's such a sad sickness that pollutes our lives, this IT mess.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyway, I'm really glad I bought the priority security pass. Some 340,000 pax transited GVA this weekend and there were so many people there I expected the priority lane to be backed up too. But I was through in 3 minutes and was able to have breakfast in the lounge.

Didn't really enjoy my crowded flights on Austrian Airlines, although their service is excellent. I think the worst people are on the move at Christmas and they were all sick!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Anyway, I'm really glad I bought the priority security pass. Some 340,000 pax transited GVA this weekend and there were so many people there I expected the priority lane to be backed up too. But I was through in 3 minutes and was able to have breakfast in the lounge.

Didn't really enjoy my crowded flights on Austrian Airlines, although their service is excellent. I think the worst people are on the move at Christmas and they were all sick!
Good investment, friends of ours spent more than 45 minutes in the normal line yesterday departing GVA.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Much easier transfer in MUC, and J experience pretty much identical. If the times are similar you can also do one transfer per airport on the outbound and on the inbound and judge for yourself, but I'd stick with MUC anyway.
Well, I guess if OP didn't immediately pick FRA for the UD, then maybe it isn't a big deal for OP... I would deal with the FRA transfer
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good investment, friends of ours spent more than 45 minutes in the normal line yesterday departing GVA.
Yet Geneva is usually quite efficient at such times. But 45 minutes is a long time if time is running short. With the Priority Lane pass, I was through in 3 minutes and it cost me CHF10 (up from the CHF8 it was the last time I used it a couple of years back). Another time to watch out for is during the International Auto Salon, the car fair in February.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Any easy way of searching Swiss F award ticket availability other than just calling them up? I’m looking for availability in November ‘19
Old Dec 25, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Any easy way of searching Swiss F award ticket availability other than just calling them up? I’m looking for availability in November ‘19
If you don’t see it online you have to call, probably WL first..
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium

If you don’t see it online you have to call, probably WL first..
ahh i was wondering if expert flyer would work or something...

oh and they told me you can’t waitlist Swiss awards
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:33 am

Dec 25 (arrives Dec. 26 10AM) MIA - MUC F
Dec 26 (departs 6pm, arrives Dec 26 7pm) MUC - FRA J
Dec 27 (departs 6pm, arrives Dec 28) FRA - PVG F

I'm presently in MUC in the FCL. No issues getting access as I arrived off F same-day.

The underlying question is: do I get access to FCL in FRA on arrival on Dec. 26 (my onwards connection is not until the next day's evening)? I know I will have it on Dec. 27 (as I depart in F), but Dec. 26 seems less certain. I have a hotel as I am aware the lounge closes at 10pm. The reason I want access is for dinner before going to the hotel and because I will go straight to access the FCT on Dec. 27 and wouldn't get to see the FRA FCL(s) otherwise.

I asked this on FT before and received a "yes". I asked FCL staff in Munich in satelite lounge and they came back with a "no" after taking time to "research it", but suggested I should get access to arrivals lounge. I asked FCL staff in Munich in the main lounge and one said no, one said yes, and then they called FRA to confirm. FRA FCT service manager told then I do have access to FCL in FRA A Terminal (where my flight will arrive) and I can tell the FRA FCL to call her if any issues.

Is this a favor or am I entitled to access in this case? I am grateful in any event.

(I am well aware it's more hassle than it's worth at this point, but I'm genuinely curious to see how it resolves). I find it interesting that if lounge staff can't decipher access rules then how can pax? This comes after two MUC Senator lounges refused access (subsequently relented with supervisor intervention) because they didn't know that same-day connecting F->J gave access beyond regular J. The fact I was holding a duck didn't give them a hint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.