[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by pirossalma
We tried to make reservation for June flights on Lufthansa.com
After finding perfect flights, submitting billing info, we clicked on the 'make reservation'. After 1 minute watching the little plane in the middle of the screen, the reservation failed, a 'How to make payment' came up - listing all the options.
We called Lufthansa, they claimed that the reservation failed, the bank did not let through the charge. We called the bank, it claimed that they approved the charge. (Today we made many other flight reservations with the same card on other airlines' pages, with no problem.)
Contacted via Facebook chat with Lusfthansa - 'Jack' claimed, that the website relaunch (?) might cause problems.
Anything we can do?
‘Jack’ is correct their IT is an almighty mess atm, you could keep trying or just call LH to book over the phone, they should waive the booking fees because of the IT failings.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by rc408
I recently got the Lufthansa Barclay's credit card because I read that I could transfer 20,000 points to Alaska Air and get a 5,000 point bonus for doing so. Now I can't locate the information and see that Lufthansa is Star Alliance. Did I mess up that bad or was there incorrect information out there at one time about 2 months ago?

I am better at the game than this, aren't I? Shake you head at me (I am doing so now) but I swear I read somewhere about the mileage transfer which is the only reason I even considered the card.

No idea abouth what was displayed but this looks like the old SPG transfer rate, transfer 20,000 and get 5,000 bonus.

[QUOTE=rc408;30456280]The plan was to use the Alaska points on Cathay or JAL for LAX-BKK. What other option do I have using Lufthansa? I'll have about 65,000 Miles and More points available.

Looking at the Award Chart you can go one way to Asia in C for 67,000 miles, for instance LAX-SIN-BKK with Singapore Airlines.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
I am trying to book MEX-UIO award flight (via BOG) for 2019 (operated by AV) and an error occurs that doesn´t let me finish the booking. Any idea why?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marcin83
I am trying to book MEX-UIO award flight (via BOG) for 2019 (operated by AV) and an error occurs that doesn´t let me finish the booking. Any idea why?
LH & M&M IT is in a bad place right now, if you see the availability online just call the SEN line & book it, they are more than aware of the current problems.
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:09 am

Gu​ten Tag. I did a bit of searching to no avail. Is anyone aware of a comprehensive listing of LH's F routes? I am working on a RTW, and I know that LH does not release space to non M&M members until 14 days out, but I want to start to gather ideas. And is it a correct assumption that the US routes are most difficult for award space vs. Asia, Africa, and MEX? Dan​ke schoen.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:11 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by lamphs
Gu​ten Tag. I did a bit of searching to no avail. Is anyone aware of a comprehensive listing of LH's F routes?
The LH F [first class destination] Compendium
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:22 am

Many thanks!
1flyer likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lamphs
is it a correct assumption that the US routes are most difficult for award space vs. Asia, Africa, and MEX? Dan​ke schoen.
EZE & MEX are among the easiest, LAX & SFO amongst the most challenging, of course if your SEN or HON it’s much easier as LX is then in play.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Quick question. How far out does LX open award availability?

I want to book LX F for next October / November.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Quick question. How far out does LX open award availability?

I want to book LX F for next October / November.
Same as online ticketing I believe, nearly a year out but just call the SEN line, you have to anyway to book F.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: M&M FTL
quick question: the lounge voucher that I can redeem as a Select Bonus, is it also valid for another person himself, or just when used together with me while entering the lounge?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by raffa
quick question: the lounge voucher that I can redeem as a Select Bonus, is it also valid for another person himself, or just when used together with me while entering the lounge?
I hope it is valid for another person. Otherwise, it is not only mildly useless but completely useless.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by mmff
I hope it is valid for another person. Otherwise, it is not only mildly useless but completely useless.
exactly my thought
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by raffa
exactly my thought
I skimmed through the website and couldn't find any clear information about this. Perhaps worth asking this question to the LH Lurkers at FT?
raffa likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:04 am

[QUOTE=fereke;30458346]

No idea abouth what was displayed but this looks like the old SPG transfer rate, transfer 20,000 and get 5,000 bonus.

Originally Posted by rc408
The plan was to use the Alaska points on Cathay or JAL for LAX-BKK. What other option do I have using Lufthansa? I'll have about 65,000 Miles and More points available.

Looking at the Award Chart you can go one way to Asia in C for 67,000 miles, for instance LAX-SIN-BKK with Singapore Airlines.
Thank you. From now on I'll take screenshots to see where I went wrong . I guess I get to fly Singapore Air which will work for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.