[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta Flyer
Hi -- I have a flight from PRG - MUC on lufthansa. I am united silver. It is a saver economy award. How many bags will I be entitled to on this intra-europe flight? United receipt says one bag up to 23 kg, but I'd like to be sure!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chongl
Nothing at all in business or economy either though, and the flight is showing F5 A4 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0 G7 E3 N2 Y9 B9 M9 U5 H4 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0
With F5 A4 your chances for an F award are very slim.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Bozzie4
Hi -- I have a flight from PRG - MUC on lufthansa. I am united silver. It is a saver economy award. How many bags will I be entitled to on this intra-europe flight? United receipt says one bag up to 23 kg, but I'd like to be sure!
LH Eco Light (revenue) has 0 bags, but since it's a United award, then it should be according to United rules.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So I see that it really is possible to earn miles on Olympic Airways now.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002

Additionally, you get the 25% executive bonus, which is a bit strange, isn't it? I thought that was restricted to Lufthansa Group airlines only, as well as Air Canada and UNITED. Lufthansa planning on buying Olympic, or what?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Lufthansa planning on buying Olympic, or what?
Tired of all the A3*G clogging the SEN lounges, LH buys OA and A3 to shut them down. Insert Germany/Greece paranoia rant here.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
So I see that it really is possible to earn miles on Olympic Airways now.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002

Additionally, you get the 25% executive bonus, which is a bit strange, isn't it? I thought that was restricted to Lufthansa Group airlines only, as well as Air Canada and UNITED. Lufthansa planning on buying Olympic, or what?
Award only, and the bonus is only for those miles bought through LH group. Dunno if there are any codeshares or interlines, but for those it would make sense.

Generally for OA flights you just get award miles based on the table.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I have an upcoming F flight from GRU to FRA and from FRA to RUH (in J since no F). My final destination is AUH, not RUH. The reason I bought this ticket and not FRA-AUH is the price (about 3 times cheaper this way).
I'm planning on buying the RUH-AUH segment with EY since I checked and LH has Interline agreements with this airline. Being two different tickets, will the LH agent at GRU be able to send my bags all the way to AUH? Any experiences with interline bags with two different etickets and airlines?

My biggest concern is the VISA at RUH. If I have to collect my bags at that airport I'm afraid I might not be able to leave the transit area.
Worst case scenario I'll just bring two carry-ons instead of a checked bag, but the latter would be more comfortable ofc.

Also, would it change if the RUH-AUH ticket is bought with EY or another airline (if its always operated by EY)?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tuchop
I have an upcoming F flight from GRU to FRA and from FRA to RUH (in J since no F). My final destination is AUH, not RUH. The reason I bought this ticket and not FRA-AUH is the price (about 3 times cheaper this way).
I'm planning on buying the RUH-AUH segment with EY since I checked and LH has Interline agreements with this airline. Being two different tickets, will the LH agent at GRU be able to send my bags all the way to AUH? Any experiences with interline bags with two different etickets and airlines?

My biggest concern is the VISA at RUH. If I have to collect my bags at that airport I'm afraid I might not be able to leave the transit area.
Worst case scenario I'll just bring two carry-ons instead of a checked bag, but the latter would be more comfortable ofc.

Also, would it change if the RUH-AUH ticket is bought with EY or another airline (if its always operated by EY)?
I cannot answer your question about interlining bags but if you have a ticket to RUH and don’t have a visa to enter Saudi Arabia it is unlikely that LH will let you board a flight either at GRU or FRA.
tuchop likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I cannot answer your question about interlining bags but if you have a ticket to RUH and don’t have a visa to enter Saudi Arabia it is unlikely that LH will let you board a flight either at GRU or FRA.
Thanks for the answer, NewbieRunner!

But if I have a confirmed onward flight from RUH to AUH 4 hours later, and a written confirmation by the KSA Embassy stating I don't need a visa to transit through RUH.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:25 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuchop
But if I have a confirmed onward flight from RUH to AUH 4 hours later, and a written confirmation by the KSA Embassy stating I don't need a visa to transit through RUH.
As long as check-in staff at GRU consider that you will be in transit in RUH.
tuchop likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

As long as check-in staff at GRU consider that you will be in transit in RUH.
Since you are travelling in F I would contact Lufthansa’s First Class Service to make sure they know you will be in transit in RUH.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:08 pm

Since you are travelling in F I would contact Lufthansa’s First Class Service to make sure they know you will be in transit in RUH.
Thanks once again! I was about to do that, but my country's F Class hotline is not working.

Last edited by tuchop; Nov 14, 2018 at 11:03 am
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: aadvantage, mileage plus, millemiglia
Sorry if this question is covered elsewhere, but I have not been able to find it. I have an award ticket on LH from FCO to EWR on 11/24. It was booked with UA miles as a business saver award. My plans have now changed. Instead, I now need to travel from FCO to ORD on 12/13. There seem to be plenty of business saver awards available. What is the best way to make this change? Cancel ticket, redeposit, and reserve a new ticket? Or, call and attempt to change the ticket I already have? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goldmarch
Sorry if this question is covered elsewhere, but I have not been able to find it. I have an award ticket on LH from FCO to EWR on 11/24. It was booked with UA miles as a business saver award. My plans have now changed. Instead, I now need to travel from FCO to ORD on 12/13. There seem to be plenty of business saver awards available. What is the best way to make this change? Cancel ticket, redeposit, and reserve a new ticket? Or, call and attempt to change the ticket I already have? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
As it is an UA award you will have to contact UA. LH won’t be able to make any change.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:21 am

Considering recent happenings, I wouldn’t want to touch feet in „hey let’s kill that enemy of the state“ Arabia anytime soon. Even if LH somehow confirms. way toooo big risk. Re-route yourself. At any cost.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.