Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
How do you check why a flight is delayed? I am currently looking at a 3.5 hour delayed departure on my flight from SEA-FRA and have a connection in FRA so I want to be sure if I misconnect I can explain the issue and hopefully be rebooked.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by safari ari
How do you check why a flight is delayed? I am currently looking at a 3.5 hour delayed departure on my flight from SEA-FRA and have a connection in FRA so I want to be sure if I misconnect I can explain the issue and hopefully be rebooked.
You don't have to explain the reason for the delay. The airline knows when a flight is delayed. In the case of LH491 on 26 Sept the delay is almost certainly due to the late arrival of LH490 from FRA. Provided you are on one ticket LH will rebook you on the next available flight to your destination.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:57 am

I have a question about applying eVouchers to upgrade a P and Z class fare.

I'm travelling XXX-FRA-SIN-XXX (and back) on a travel agent booking.

I'd like to upgrade the FRA-SIN segments to F using my eVouchers. Currently the flights are F3 A0, and F2 A0 according to Expertflyer.

Is the process simply calling up and asking to be put on the waitlist? Or does there need space in 'O' before they can apply them?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can waitlist.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Hello FT,

So last sunday I took a flight from Brussels to Graz with a stop over in Vienna. The flight to Vienna was delayed and I missed the connection to Graz. They allocated us into a transportation van and we arrived in Graz at a reasonable hour. Am I still entitled to the miles and segment that I would have normally got when i would have taken the flight to Graz?

Some rant: Half my flights aren't crediting on miles and more, I need to retrocredit afterwards which is quite frustrating.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by toonmelis
Am I still entitled to the miles and segment that I would have normally got when i would have taken the flight to Graz?
Yes, just contact M&M and ask for the original routing credit.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA
Seat selection issue

Hi all,

Long time reader here.

I have not flown Lufthansa in years, but have a 12 hr flight with them in less than a day due to operational issue on original airline. Y ticket, nothing remarkable about booking etc.

I checked in as soon as it opened and selected a seat at front of econ, right behind PE, providing extra legroom (I'm fairly tall) for first flight. Within minutes had my boarding passes issued for both segments of a full day journey traversing half the globe.

Moments later (30 mins since OLCI oprned), I went to buy the a la carte meal upgrade for second segment and noticed that the seat assignment on first segment had changed to a random econ seat further back.

Called LH, got an extremely rude CSR who told me tough luck, go to airport 3.5 hours before departure and see what happens. Refused to even look into this glitch. I asked politely to speak with a supervisor and she hung up.

Called back again and got a (slightly) less condescending CSR who also didn't want to connect me with a supervisor but eventually agreed to "try to find someone" and then line went dead. Before that haplened, CSR said the seat was unoccupied but was "blocked." Finally sent LH an email but it's a weekend.

To be clear, this seat I had does not face a bulkhead bassinet and there are plenty of open rows in back of plane to seat families together. Unclear why'd they'd bump me.

Is this is a lost cause? Should I even show up early to try and fix this? Not a great first reintroduction to LH (is this typical customer service there?) Thanks all.
​​​

Last edited by somanymiles; Sep 29, 2018 at 10:43 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:47 am

Buy Magazines for Miles

Wondering if anyone can help me. I'm looking to buy some magazines to get bonus miles, essentially buying Miles and More miles. I'm OK with paying for the magazines, but as far as I can tell you need some type of European bank account. Is there any way to pay for them with a credit card (or something like Paypal)? For reference, I'm trying to buy something like this. BTW, I don't care about the magazines, so if someone is living in Germany and wants them I have no issue sending them your way, just PM me your details.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:18 am

Isn't the getAbstract subscription an option for you then? https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...en&cid=1000188
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by SCtrojan
Wondering if anyone can help me. I'm looking to buy some magazines to get bonus miles, essentially buying Miles and More miles. I'm OK with paying for the magazines, but as far as I can tell you need some type of European bank account. Is there any way to pay for them with a credit card (or something like Paypal)? For reference, I'm trying to buy something like this. BTW, I don't care about the magazines, so if someone is living in Germany and wants them I have no issue sending them your way, just PM me your details.
Media Shop (Connectcare) takes Paypal and Credit Cards. Just send the magazines to your name C/O of any old age homes. A list of 73 locations in Munich is here: https://www.muenchen.de/service/branchenbuch/A/9.html
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Media Shop (Connectcare) takes Paypal and Credit Cards. Just send the magazines to your name C/O of any old age homes. A list of 73 locations in Munich is here: https://www.muenchen.de/service/branchenbuch/A/9.html
Oliver2002. I am a bit confused, as the only thing I can find for Media Shop (Connectcare) is a way to redeem your miles and more miles HERE. Is there another portal where you earn miles?

Dunehunter, thanks for the suggestion. It looks like 2 cents per mile. Not terrible, but was hoping to get it for a little bit cheaper. At least I have a fallback option.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Anyone know if there's an accurate M&M mileage calculator available online not through an app?
Used to be this, https://meilenrechner.de/earn_miles.php?language=eng, but not an option online anymore
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
How can I book a fully refundable multi-stop itinerary online with LH or LX? On LX it seems I can only book lowest fare available, and on LH I see two choices but the flexible fare is changeable but not refundable.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by SCtrojan
Oliver2002. I am a bit confused, as the only thing I can find for Media Shop (Connectcare) is a way to redeem your miles and more miles HERE. Is there another portal where you earn miles?
Try this site: https://sammeln.miles-medien.de/index.php
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
I'm looking at purchasing a Economy Flex ticket from FRA-VIE. I'll be taking a TATL flight on DL to FRA that arrives approximately 4 hours earlier. Itinerary is in the middle of winter, so connecting on two separate tickets across different alliances, I want to pad that schedule as much as possible. The prospect of a "free" change to an earlier flight with a Flex ticket is an interesting one, but I'm wanting to confirm: For this change, does there have to be availability in the same fare class that the original ticket was purchased on? If not, do you have to pay the difference between the fare classes? I've searched the forum and found conflicting information, but I'm thinking the answer is probably "yes", which diminishes the value of the Flex ticket to nearly nothing for me.

Just hoping to confirm this before I potentially waste money on a flex ticket for no reason. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.