Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:38 am
OIB

Originally Posted by 1flyer
I have no insights on that. But, if you're mostly after the FCL, you might be able to purchase lounge access. If you're SEN and flying business, access to the FCL costs like 300 EUR per person and visit.
No, not only after the FCL at Munich.
Love the BOM-MUC First Class of LH. Have therefore switched to another airline - but that is not the same as LH
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by OIB
No, not only after the FCL at Munich.
Love the BOM-MUC First Class of LH. Have therefore switched to another airline - but that is not the same as LH
An alternative would be to fly via FRA, as FRA-BOM is served with an 747-8i (with 8 F seats).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:24 pm
OIB

Originally Posted by 1flyer
An alternative would be to fly via FRA, as FRA-BOM is served with an 747-8i (with 8 F seats).
I checked with LH and was told that there are no FC seats even on the BOM-FRA-BOM sector. I tried

Earlier I used to fly BOM-FRA-BOM and switched to BOM-MUC-BOM when they stopped 1st on the BOM-FRA sector. Now they have First only on LH flights from Delhi. It makes no sense to first fly to Delhi to catch a LH flight.

Strangely, the maximum visas issued each year for Germany is from Mumbai, not Delhi. But, LH has FC only in their flights from Delhi.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:17 pm

You could always fly LX (Swiss) via ZRH - you might like their First class lounge even more.

Fairly sure you could route such ticket to include MUC - ie, BOM-ZRH-MUC-DUS, which would allow you access to the FCL in MUC as well (and vice versa and the return)
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I have a little over 2.5 hours in FRA coming off of a LH SEA-FRA connecting to LH MUC in business. If I am reading correctly, most likely this flight will be out of the A pier for Schengen flights.

Is it possible to go to the B area to visit the Senator lounge there/will I have ample time? Is the timing sufficient if possible, to arrive, go to B and then clear immigration to A? Otherwise I can just end up in the LH biz lounge in A. I only can obtain access to the senator lounge in T1-B, so this is why I am asking.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:12 am
OIB

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You could always fly LX (Swiss) via ZRH - you might like their First class lounge even more.

Fairly sure you could route such ticket to include MUC - ie, BOM-ZRH-MUC-DUS, which would allow you access to the FCL in MUC as well (and vice versa and the return)
Thanks but no, it is not an attractive option.
1. Too long travel time. At age 78y that will be a punishment.
2. ZRH-MUC would most likely be in Business Class only; so access to FCL of LH at MUC will be doubtful.

Basically LH should re-start FC in their flights from Mumbai, India's financial capital. The Schengen Visas issued by German Consulate in Mumbai is around 51,500 per year as against only 37,000 by the German Embassy in New Delhi. But because Delhi is the political capital of India, LH has FC in their flights from Delhi. Sad. Just have to live with it.
LH is losing 4 regular FC passengers of Mumbai.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by OIB
Thanks but no, it is not an attractive option.
1. Too long travel time. At age 78y that will be a punishment.
2. ZRH-MUC would most likely be in Business Class only; so access to FCL of LH at MUC will be doubtful.
FCL in MUC and FRA is accessible on a connecting ticket with an F segment on LH group (so LH, LX). This has no issue.
You can still do BOM-ZRH-DUS which I expect will not take much longer than BOM-MUC-DUS.

Basically LH should re-start FC in their flights from Mumbai, India's financial capital. The Schengen Visas issued by German Consulate in Mumbai is around 51,500 per year as against only 37,000 by the German Embassy in New Delhi. But because Delhi is the political capital of India, LH has FC in their flights from Delhi. Sad. Just have to live with it.
LH is losing 4 regular FC passengers of Mumbai.
OIB likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:08 am

flying MUC-FRA-SIN next week on Y. I want to do an upgrade to PY for FRA-SIN at the airport. how do I request it at FRA? is it best at the gate, or at the transit counter?

J9 C9 D8 Z0 P0 G9 E9 N6
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by safari ari
I have a little over 2.5 hours in FRA coming off of a LH SEA-FRA connecting to LH MUC in business. If I am reading correctly, most likely this flight will be out of the A pier for Schengen flights.

Is it possible to go to the B area to visit the Senator lounge there/will I have ample time? Is the timing sufficient if possible, to arrive, go to B and then clear immigration to A? Otherwise I can just end up in the LH biz lounge in A. I only can obtain access to the senator lounge in T1-B, so this is why I am asking.
It depends on where your flight actually arrives, but in any case, you should have time to go to the SEN lounge in B. I'm not sure why you say you can only access the SEN lounge in T1-B. If you are *G, you can access any SEN lounge with an outbound *A flight. There is a SEN lounge in the A gate area as well.

There is a thread on connecting in FRA here with good information on where you might arrive.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I've got 2 questions about HON circle miles

1. Air Canada / United operated flight on a LH / LX flight number with a 'whatever airline' ticket...will it earn HON Circle miles?
2. Air Canada / United operatored flight on a Air Canada / United flight number with a LH / LX Ticket... will it earn HON Circle miles?

Basically, where do I need to be careful when earning HON circle miles?

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Lewis42
I've got 2 questions about HON circle miles

1. Air Canada / United operated flight on a LH / LX flight number with a 'whatever airline' ticket...will it earn HON Circle miles?
2. Air Canada / United operatored flight on a Air Canada / United flight number with a LH / LX Ticket... will it earn HON Circle miles?

Basically, where do I need to be careful when earning HON circle miles?

Thanks!
For HON it is metal that counts. No HON miles on AC, or UA metal, regardless of ticket stock or flight number. HON miles on LH, even on UA stock with UA flight number.

So it is actually quite easy what you need to look out for: flights in C or F, operated by LH, LX, LO, SN, OS or EW.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Great, thanks mate. That’s clear!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Baggage 14 hour layover in FRA

I will be traveling from CLJ (Romania) to ATL. I have an overnight layover (8pm-10am) in FRA. Will I be required to pick up my checked luggage or will it be checked all the way to ATL? Also, what time should I arrive at FRA for a 10:20 am departure? Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:49 pm

Luggage can be checked through (or not. your choice)

In Economy and without status I would be at the airport 1.5hrs before departure.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Luggage can be checked through (or not. your choice)

In Economy and without status I would be at the airport 1.5hrs before departure.
Thank you very much. *G business, but I always allow at least 1.5 hrs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.