Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
@craftyabs: Lufthansa allows upgrades to F on all business fares and booking classes since April, and as a side effect UA GPUs can also be used now, even though the published policy still excludes P & Z. Enjoy!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:26 am

Just booked AKL-HKG-MUC-AMS with the first leg on CX. I looked on the CX website and it says that seats will be available at check-in, and obviously LH wants stupid money to select seats now.

When the time comes for checking in to the CX flight, will I find the other flights on the CX website? Or will I have to go to the LH website to select seats and check in? If the latter, 24h before departure from AKL or HKG?

Thank you!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Booked Premium Economy on OS, USA-VIE-Europe. Have confirmed seat on the longer leg in Y+ on a 767. Shorter leg is A320 (321?) with obviously no Y+, but booking class is "Y." They want $55 for exit row. Is there no way of getting that for free, or even reduced? Seems like a lot of money for a short flight which is part of a Y+ booking and is itself in full fare Y.
OS on Twitter says no dice - need to pay the full price for exit. Shame

(Unless anyone here knows of any workarounds?)
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by malmostoso
When the time comes for checking in to the CX flight, will I find the other flights on the CX website?
Unlikely but possible. CX in AKL should have access to the seatmap. Other than that you have to wait till you land in HKG, only then the seat maps will be shown on the app and online.

Nope, PE pax still have to pay for seat assignments.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found

Delegated segments of "basic" tickets do not get free assignment, despite booking into full Y. This is even true if the overwater segment is in J. I did recently go 2-for-3 on op-ups though
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Unlikely but possible. CX in AKL should have access to the seatmap. Other than that you have to wait till you land in HKG
Travelling with a child, I just want to make sure we're all seated together. Thank you!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:07 pm

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Catering on Eurowings Short haul Biz

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the catering is like on EW short haul Biz please (VIE-STN would be the route) is it a meal tray similar to OS or LH Business catering just a free choice from the Buy on Board trolley?

Thank you

Phil
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:54 pm

Hello, anyone has a clew on how LX opens their business class seats to other *A programs?
I'm moving from Brasil to Portugal, and want to fly *A on a lie flat, and with TP i have only 30% chance of scoring their new seats.
I'm aiming LX+TP from Zurich because if I fly LX on the second leg, i'd have a tight conection and no lounge fun in ZRH

I started looking for seats on aug 3, and then there was availability to aug 5, 6, 7. Yesterday opened to 12 and 13, an today we had 7 and 13 available, and now at night we have 7 and 12

I want to fly on Aug 21/22, when do you guys think i will start seeing availability for these dates?
Also i'll have to book positioning flights to GRU, as Avianca Amigo only gives me TP as an option if i leave from CWB
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by pkormann
I want to fly on Aug 21/22, when do you guys think i will start seeing availability for these dates?
You mean in two weeks? You should count yourself lucky to find *any* seats on *any* airline with such short notice and low flexibility. If you have M&M miles or can transfer to it, for 67k miles you can have GRU-FRA-LIS on LH on the 22/8. Otherwise keep on checking day after day, generally at T-14 things start moving.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:18 am

scored!

woke up, and in my first check today the exact availability i needed opened

LX 93 GRU - ZRH C
TP 931 XRH - LIS C

booked with 80k O6 Amigo points (real cost 53k due to bonus promotion)
malmostoso and Lewis42 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by pkormann
scored!

woke up, and in my first check today the exact availability i needed opened

LX 93 GRU - ZRH C
TP 931 XRH - LIS C

booked with 80k O6 Amigo points (real cost 53k due to bonus promotion)
Lucky man!
pkormann likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: LH Sen***, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by toonmelis
Status miles in F, Award miles stay the same in revenue-based
In fact I got the same F miles credited for Award and Status miles. This seems to be an efficient way to get status reasonably quickly, less painless than a mileage run! Any others have the same experience?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
Booked sfo-lhr next July in J. Selected row 3. Since they say they are substituting A380 on this route with no row 3 in J, will the seat map be revised at some point so I can reselect seats or will they just move me?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by oskidunker
Booked sfo-lhr next July in J. Selected row 3. Since they say they are substituting A380 on this route with no row 3 in J, will the seat map be revised at some point so I can reselect seats or will they just move me?
As soon as an aircraft change is updated on LH they will move you automatically & then you can also make changes.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:05 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Miles and More question

Is the Lufthansa Miles and More program the same program that LOT uses? I have a LH M&M account with no miles in it. I'm flying LOT in a month. Do I need to open a new acount or use my LH account number and get the same amount of miles credited to my account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.