Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by findark
Yes, you will be given an allowance of 2x23kg.
Thanks for the good news.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
What is the process for requesting compensation from LH, preferably by e-mail?
LH canceled my non-stop flight in business and rebooked me in Y on a flight with an overnight connection, begging me to my destination over 10 hours late, so I believe that compensation is due.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Hi there a question for the F flyers. When they give you the amenity kit and the pyjamas do they come in a tote bag or something to carry them in? I only have a very small handbag but will want to take the goodies home!! Thank you.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by FreFly
LH canceled my non-stop flight in business and rebooked me in Y on a flight with an overnight connection, begging me to my destination over 10 hours late, so I believe that compensation is due.
Just use the form on the website and be patient. You definitely are entitled to 75% of the fare because of the downgrade, and additional compensation for the cancellation.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Hi there a question for the F flyers. When they give you the amenity kit and the pyjamas do they come in a tote bag or something to carry them in? I only have a very small handbag but will want to take the goodies home!! Thank you.
The F kits don’t come in a bag so better bring one with you.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
As a senator flying a Eurowings SMART fare. Will I get a 32kg bag allowance instead of 23kg?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by FreFly
LH online feedback form at LH.com

Depends on the circumstances of the cancellation & why did you accept a downgrade to Y ?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Just use the form on the website and be patient. You definitely are entitled to 75% of the fare because of the downgrade, and additional compensation for the cancellation.
Thank you.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: Miles and More
Hi all,

We have two Economy Q class tickets from SFO - FRA on Jul 30, waitlisted for Business upgrade Class I.
Is there a way to check if the upgrade is happening for us? There are about 14 available seats in Business class.

Thank you!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Air Dolomiti fare codes

Does anyone happen to know how Air Dolomiti's fare codes map to their Light/Plus/Emotion options? I have a reservation booked through Condor that has an EN final segment booked in T. The main reason I want to know is for carry-on baggage. I assume DE will check my bags through on the EN flight, but I'm wondering if EN will be enforcing 7Kg vs 10Kg in carry-on weight depending on fare class.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Miles & More
Hello,
I am planning on buying a ticket with LH from Geneva to Boston. I am willing to buy an Economy "Basic plus" fare for my return ticket for an extra 300$ in order to use 35'000 miles and upgrade to Business. But I want to make sure I will be able to upgrade before I make the purchase. Is it possible to check before booking? Or is there a way on LH's website to book directly the Business seat using miles?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by jscivi
But I want to make sure I will be able to upgrade before I make the purchase. Is it possible to check before booking? Or is there a way on LH's website to book directly the Business seat using miles?
Only death and taxes are certain in this world. You can try checking for award availability on the flights you want to book, and at any rate you can cancel and get a full refund within 24h so you can simply book, apply the upgrade, and if it fails cancel the ticket.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: LH Sen***, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
So I was invited to bid for an upgrade from Business (Z) to First, LX ZRH-PEK. I put in the lowest bid possible (650CHF) and now I'm upgraded. Anyone know if I get F miles for this? Or is it still just Z?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Originally Posted by jcmetrokraft
So I was invited to bid for an upgrade from Business (Z) to First, LX ZRH-PEK. I put in the lowest bid possible (650CHF) and now I'm upgraded. Anyone know if I get F miles for this? Or is it still just Z?
Status miles in F, Award miles stay the same in revenue-based
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, Goldpointsplus Gold Elite
Overview for Status Miles on LH, OS & LX, etc

Hello,

I havenīt looked in here for a decade. I am trying to find the rules for the amount of status miles you get depending on operating airline, booking class, etc.
M&M used to have a fairly good overview on their website when the rules were simple. Now all I see is a mileage calculator, great...

Second question: When I book a flight online on www.lufthansa.com & www.swiss.com it shows me how many miles I will get. But there is no mention if it is status miles or award miles. What is it?

Thnx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.