Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by ToddSpam
A coworker and I are arriving on a flight to MUC, and have about a 2:15 layover before our final flight to HAM. Our tickets are both on LH.

THere is a flight MUC to HAM that leaves about an hour earlier than the fliight we are currently booked on. If our flight to MUC lands on time or early, would we be able to get onto the earlier flight (provided there is room), or is this a not allowed...or allowed with an outrageous fee?

If it matters, class Z

Thanks!
It'll be much easier without checked luggage, but you can definitely try to ask in the lounge or at a service desk. Expect a negative response and you might be pleasantly surprised!
ToddSpam likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Thank you so much, Malmostoso.
Yes, I meant my employment proof that I have a job in Norway.
I have read many stories about US immigration especially first time visitors experiences.
Well, quite little nervous of it

I have two friends in NYC and Washington DC.
One of them said that I must not say I have friends in US if the border staff ask me about it.
I am not a good actor.
What do you think I should do?

Once again, sorry for my question which is OOT.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:28 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ShyTraveler
I have read many stories about US immigration especially first time visitors experiences.

One of them said that I must not say I have friends in US if the border staff ask me about it.
I am not a good actor.

What is the purpose of your visit? Tourism?

It's best to be truthful and not make up stories. You will almost certainly be asked for the purpose of your visit and possibly the duration of stay. Just answer the question(s) asked and don't offer any information if not asked. It's not uncommon for people visiting the US to have friends there. If you are really concerned have a note of your itinerary and your return/onward ticket ready and show them but only if asked.

I've looked at your plan and it appears you are going to Canada first and from there to the US. It means US immigration will take place in Toronto before you board your flight to LGA. It's very unlikely they will ask you many questions when leaving Toronto.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
I’ve booked an F Award AKL-SIN-FRA-TXL on LH Ticket Stock, with Miles and More miles.
However I do have a 10 hour layover in FRA to test the FCT. is it possible to take an earlier flight when I don’t wanna stay in fct any longer provided that the flight is not full.

or do I have to pay any change fees?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by PatongPilot
I’ve booked an F Award AKL-SIN-FRA-TXL on LH Ticket Stock, with Miles and More miles.
However I do have a 10 hour layover in FRA to test the FCT. is it possible to take an earlier flight when I don’t wanna stay in fct any longer provided that the flight is not full.

or do I have to pay any change fees?
The change fee is 50 EUR & there would need to be award availability on the flight you want to change to.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by chris63

The change fee is 50 EUR & there would need to be award availability on the flight you want to change to.
Actually there would need to be availability on the whole itinerary since the ticket is cancelled and reissued. OP, get to FRA and see if they can put you on an earlier flight.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Actually there would need to be availability on the whole itinerary since the ticket is cancelled and reissued. OP, get to FRA and see if they can put you on an earlier flight.
It’s an M&M award ticket, and OP has not indicated it’s a return, the flight in question is the final one, so Just availability on that flight is the issue.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by ShyTraveler

I am not a good actor.

I've frequently mentioned that I'm visiting friends in the USA, it's never caused any issues. The only time we got extra questions was when they asked my brother why he is travelling and he replied 'to go shooting' because we were going to visit a gun range...
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
Originally Posted by chris63

It’s an M&M award ticket, and OP has not indicated it’s a return, the flight in question is the final one, so Just availability on that flight is the issue.
but I’d still have to pay the 50 bucks? No chance to standby?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I have a question for anyone who is familiar with BEG. I'm considering a "connection" there, which as far as I can tell is legal to ticket although the fact that it's a ticketed point instead of a true transfer makes me a little suspicious, FRA-BEG-FRA.

The connect would be 0h50, but on what I assume is the same frame, LH1406 to LH1407. What I don't know is since Serbia is not Schengen, what kind of transfer process (security, etc) would there be while doing this? Am I basically guaranteed a misconnect? (Not sure I care, as I need the BEG-FRA sector direct for faring reasons, and wouldn't actually mind getting IRROPSed onto anything else that gets me [back] to FRA that day).

Also, I'm assuming that as a non-Schengen European destination, transferring US-FRA-BEG requires transfer security at FRA (or I guess the Z-A-B transfer for maximum passport stamps).
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Don’t know about transfer experience at BEG, but I wouldn’t count on being rerouted, unless it’s really a connection as opposed to a return.

With regards to security checks, the US should be “clean”, so no security on Z-A. Then you can do A-B via tunnel and B-B passport control (again).
Otherwise take the A-B train and do no entering Schengen, but transfer security.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PatongPilot

but I’d still have to pay the 50 bucks? No chance to standby?
Those are the rules.

You can ask the PA in the FCT, they always try their best & maybe they need your seat on the flight you are booked on.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Soon to be a free agent.
UA to LH Baggage Fees

I am flying from Reykjavik to FRA (actually EWR-KEF-FRA) on a UA issued ticket. I am 1K/*G, so I have no luggage fees for my one checked bag.

I am then flying FRA to VIE a few hours later on a separate LH ticket.

I know I can probably have my bags checked through to VIE, but will there be a charge for the baggage for the FRA-VIE flight when I check-in in KEF? Currently looking at an Economy Light ticket.

Last edited by jb691809; Jul 15, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Don’t know about transfer experience at BEG, but I wouldn’t count on being rerouted, unless it’s really a connection as opposed to a return.

Oh, hm. I had not considered that. Technically my ticket would have a destination of BEG and a stopover in FRA (I need to go to FRA, but faring it this way saves thousands). Does anyone know what the transfer experience is at BEG, or a better place to ask?

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
With regards to security checks, the US should be “clean”, so no security on Z-A. Then you can do A-B via tunnel and B-B passport control (again).
Otherwise take the A-B train and do no entering Schengen, but transfer security.
I have seen the Z-A-B transfer suggested many times, but how awkward is it actually to get your passport stamped that many times? Any hassling from the border guards? I can only imagine the eyeroll I would get upon receiving my third FRA Schengen stamp on the same day

Originally Posted by jb691809
I am flying from Reykjavik to FRA (actually EWR-KEF-FRA) on a UA issued ticket. I am 1K/*G, so I have no luggage fees for my one checked bag.

I am then flying FRA to VIE a few hours later on a separate LH ticket.

I know I can probably have my bags checked through to VIE, but will there be a charge for the baggage for the FRA-VIE flight when I check-in in KEF? Currently looking at an Economy Light ticket.
If you do not succeed in getting your bags checked through to VIE (I would ask UA to do this for you in EWR), you will be charged again at the counter in FRA.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Hi all,

Quick question as I am relatively new on Star Alliance world . I have an upcoming LH flight in discounted economy whereby I would like to (i) add my Krisflyer Card number (as I have recently obtained KF Gold; so Star Alliance Gold, for the purposes of gaining lounge access/fast track/priority boarding); and (ii) where possible, also the my M&M number in which I do not have status just to obtain the miles.

The booking code apparently does not credit any miles to KF so crediting to M&M would be the only option. Is there a way to attach both FF numbers to the booking?

If not, do I just link the M&M number to the booking and rather use the plastic/iphone wallet KF Star Gold card for lounge access/priority boarding?

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.